Giga stamina is so sad

DonaldDuck

Everytime I need to do a meet run, I always choose my Giga, but the stamina is soooo limited, I wonder why is it made like that, for balance ? maybe in pvp ? is a slow moving giga balancing it in pvp though ? Because in pve it's a very unpleasant experience riding a super slow giga with lots of meat in inventory and with no stam. 

I can pair it with an argentavis,  can even do several runs in one go since I can dump the full inventory from Giga to Argy a few times, cryo the giga and back home with the argy, but why is Giganotosaur made like this. It's not making it difficult, it's making it so annoying. A lot of things in Ark is not hard but annoying, even dino's tail is annoying it causes rubberbanding, why can't their tail be ignored and let us pass thru it, but this is Giga stamina thread, why ? 

Imo if for balance, it's better if it has high stamina base, so if leveled up, it will add a lot, just like it's base damage, because ppl tend to fully level up damage than anything else, even leveling up hp isn't worth it, but it's already high, giga needs a stamina boost. Does stamina potion/brew work on Giga/dino ?

Some land dinoes' speed is too slow even slower than the slowest flyer and Giga is the WORST experience. Rushing for meat, only to be frustrated when going back home.

48 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Everytime I need to do a meet run, I always choose my Giga, but the stamina is soooo limited, I wonder why is it made like that, for balance ? maybe in pvp ? is a slow moving giga balancing it in pvp though ? Because in pve it's a very unpleasant experience riding a super slow giga with lots of meat in inventory and with no stam. 

I can pair it with an argentavis,  can even do several runs in one go since I can dump the full inventory from Giga to Argy a few times, cryo the giga and back home with the argy, but why is Giganotosaur made like this. It's not making it difficult, it's making it so annoying. A lot of things in Ark is not hard but annoying, even dino's tail is annoying it causes rubberbanding, why can't their tail be ignored and let us pass thru it, but this is Giga stamina thread, why ? 

Imo if for balance, it's better if it has high stamina base, so if leveled up, it will add a lot, just like it's base damage, because ppl tend to fully level up damage than anything else, even leveling up hp isn't worth it, but it's already high, giga needs a stamina boost. Does stamina potion/brew work on Giga/dino ?

Some land dinoes' speed is too slow even slower than the slowest flyer and Giga is the WORST experience. Rushing for meat, only to be frustrated when going back home.

Rare flower man.....go to middle of somewhere with lots of dino's, toss out giga, eat rare flower then immediately mount giga. All the everything comes to you.

Once done, hop on argy and tell giga to follow you, no stam drain and can run forever.

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Rare flower man.....go to middle of somewhere with lots of dino's, toss out giga, eat rare flower then immediately mount giga. All the everything comes to you.

Once done, hop on argy and tell giga to follow you, no stam drain and can run forever.

Hahah that works too, similar to what I do using argy as packmule, but kinda defeat the purpose of Giga being Giga, it's like the devs deliberately wanted to nerf it to the ground even to its stamina. This is why Pve and Pvp kinda needs separate development, but it's too late for that with the game near its end.

I tried adding weight to Carchardontosaurus, I play on a server with 441 as max wild level, and 1 level only adds 40 weight, seems not worth it.

Do ppl really accept Giga being like this ? Damage is good thougn, even mutated rex probably won't come close to a bred non mutated GIga's dmg. But the stamina is so sad it needs a packmule like Argy.

9 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

Is it not like HP ? because adding hp only gives a few points that's not worth it

The gigas we have on official come up to 1600 weight after imprint.   They already have over 1500 melee.   Even if a point only gets .4 to run speed,  a giga like that doesn’t need points in anything to do meat runs.  So run speed just makes it go faster.

12 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

The gigas we have on official come up to 1600 weight after imprint.   They already have over 1500 melee.   Even if a point only gets .4 to run speed,  a giga like that doesn’t need points in anything to do meat runs.  So run speed just makes it go faster.

Ive got my meat run Giga also leveled in speed only. Its faster than an argy and its stomping the whole time :) It one-shots pretty much everything anyway. I walk from my base at 50-50 to close to the beavers dams at the end of Smugglers pass at redwood to do my meat run. 3 mins or so, all the meat I need...

I do my meatruns in weekend so mostly 2x, if its just 1x, maybe I have to do a second run. I have a lot of dinos out, I need about 6k - 6.5k meat to feed all my carnivores. Lots of Brontos Diplos Allos Rexes there a lot of times. Perfect for meatrun...
Most of the time I end up with more meat than I need, during 2x with just 1 run...

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Same, mine lv 655 unofficial, weight 1610.8 after imprint , wild lv 88 + domesticated 1 lv just for testing , only +30 weight more or less.

Melee is 835.3% (wild 84 + domesticated 63). Damage to wild dino is around 4.3k. 

Seems like doesn't matter the level, we have more or less the same weight. So a giga is tailored to have more or less fixed everything but damage. I tamed 1 high level giga and 1 low level giga and bred them to make parents with the high lv giga stats, and when still in process I saw that a +33 food and +80-ish food didn't seem to differ much like 5k and 6k, so giga seems to get advantage from mostly imprint, not its level unless it's damage. This lv 655 giga only has 419.6 stamina. I bet even if I pump all  lv to stam, it will still get tired easily.

I prefer my carcha now with 2.1k weight, less dmg than giga but more meat, and it runs fast randomly if killing many dinoes.

1 hour ago, DonaldDuck said:

I prefer my carcha now with 2.1k weight, less dmg than giga but more meat, and it runs fast randomly if killing many dinoes.

yea, gigas get the bulk of their HP boost from imprint.  It scales differently from your standard animal, similar to the reapers.   Having super high hp or weight is a choice you have to make on a regular giga, you can have both to some extent w/ the R-gigas.    Super high hp though will still struggle to reach 40k, you have to sacrifice room for melee to do that on a regular giga, I think weight gets the most love from spending points and mutating after melee.   

You can get more out of that high weight you have there with a bulbdog.  All the weight you dump on them gets cut in half,  So if your carch can only hold 1200 weight of meat, you can dump some of that onto a bulb and get more use out of the 2k+ weight.

Archived