Weapon platform: cannon

Blackmagic9000

Hello you cheeky pirates of the Caribbean who shot up my poor emotional support dodos home scrub lords

Today i would like to hear what ye sea dogs think of these things, their effectiveness defense/ offense 

Plus is it scary to get shot by these things on giggas or stegos trying to soak your base!? Basically is it good against dinos

Tell me what you scrubs think!

Its defiantly worth its place in ark. To find cannon on boats and castles is awesome. Ontop of that, being a requirement to tame up certain creatures also adds to its uniqueness. Its place in ark, either in battle or not, is perfectly acceptable.

However the inability to move it from its position after your done with it kinda sucks. I mean, it does have wheels?

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

However the inability to move it from its position after your done with it kinda sucks. I mean, it does have wheels?

To be fair, you can't move anything else from it's position after you're done (I'm looking at you, mortar & pestle). The wheels are just pretty cosmetics, they're not an excuse to make a special game mechanic for just one item.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:28 PM, Pipinghot said:

To be fair, you can't move anything else from it's position after you're done (I'm looking at you, mortar & pestle). The wheels are just pretty cosmetics, they're not an excuse to make a special game mechanic for just one item.

I didn't even think of that. XD Little tiny bowl made of stone and hide, is as permanent as 80 ton forge unless you have a giant exo mechanical suit. XD
Eh, if it was concreated in like a little bunker or something, I could buy it. But unless there was a mod for it, it is what it is and the only way to move one is to place it on a surface that can be moved such as a boat or platform saddle.

Cannons are pretty cool. In PVE, their only use other than taming Titans and a handful of other creatures is aesthetics. They look amazing on, say, a custom raft build. Also, just wondering-do any of you know how to turn off the "needs foundation support" thing? I was hoping to build some amazing looking ballista platforms off the side of my tree base attached to walls on fence foundations, but I guess ARK isn't buying it. :( Is it the fence foundations messing me up, or just ARK in general?

Archived