Animals where they dont belong.

Cowgirl

10 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Ice wyvern? I'd take a tropical wyvern over an ice any day. They are faster, after all. And, if you level pts into speed...I don't play with flyer speed levelling enabled, but to each his/her own I guess. I think I'd choose the baboon over the Thyla if the grenade was made to explode on contact with a creature or the ground. RN, that attack is only useful for pvp I'd say. For PVE...not so much. Also, about your comment on the direwolf. They actually have extra health (or some kind of resistance, dunno) for a creature their size to make up for lack of saddle. I would appreciate it if there was a saddle tho. And since they're pretty small as well, they're much easier to breed than, say, Thylas. You could probably stack a ton of mutations into a few, and they'd be just as good as any tamed Thyla (except for the bleed, naturally).

Trust me, Yeah I could have a better wyvern, but this one is a solid for me. Its been levled up in speed, stam, and damage. Health was pretty good out of the gate as It was a 190 egg, but I was only after speed to help with the Christmas event to chase down raptor clause. Something the argy could not do.

As for which wyvern is best, they are all debatable. Fire, lightning, ice, crystal.....It all depends on what lvl you get, what type best suits you, and of course how much your willing to work with them to make them better. With that said tho, my personal favorite has to be the zombie variants. Especially my lvl 380 poison I picked up during last years Halloween event. Got the looks, and it had 1300 stam right out of the gate.

As for the wolf, they are good early on, but Iv learned the hard way, they are just too crunchy for caves. The cave of the strong is a good example.....I tried a imprinted and heavily leveled thyla prim saddle and was able to just barely survive getting into it. {terrible mistake on my part, but nothing was lost} I absolutely doubt a wolf would be able to deal with the first wave. Heck a pack of them would have probably been pulverized. But regardless, wolves are a nice commodity very early in the game if you can manage to snag one. Much better than raptors.

Very true what you said at the end. Raptors are great early game, but they are squishy as all heck. I once had a really good raptor, but lost it due to a bug-F in the chat for Fastor (had most points into movement speed, weird, but it worked). Wolves are much better. They are more powerful, but more difficult to tame purely because of the environment. My favorite wyvern's likely the lightning. As for looks, ice reigns supreme. With some mutations...goshdarn. The thing about lightnings is that they look slick and do some really good DMG. That breath attack...I'd either use a mana or one of those guys for giga killing (when I'm at that point).

1 hour ago, kyranight said:

Idk why but on Crystal Isles on the big floating island there is a river there that tends to have Argy and Ptera flying right into the river. 

Oh man, back in 2015 when the game was just starting, they did that ALL.THE.TIME. trying to tame them and they zoomed off into the ocean and drowned themselves 🤦‍♀️

Haha. I'm actually sorta surprised no one has mentioned water creatures jumping out of the water and dying. I once got a free alpha megalodoodle drop from that. Also, my very first water creature tame was actually on Herb Island. It was this megalodoodle that was basically completely out of the water, so I just tranqed it, put on the saddle, and tried to get it into the water. It was stuck. Ended up unclaimed and killing it, which was a mistake now that I look back on it. I could've left it there and made some cryos, but...whatever. It was a level 14 wild anyway, so no big loss. Used tranq arrows as well.

Archived