Kinda disappointed ngl

HITorMYSTO

Well, i play ARK for a while, i think about 7 months orย  1 year? Don't remember, something that really bothered me about it is the game size...the game is just too heavy, a lot of nothing that only make the performance goes negative brrr

That part is really annoying, but ok, the problem here is...that! A freacking 264 MB update that consumes 45 GB on the disk, and unfortunately that update is nothing about performance upgrade in general.

I don't know, i feel like the game is programed in a toaster with touchpad, the game is just heavier than should be, that make me afraid of ARK 2, i feel it will be the same...maybe worst.

imagem_2022-01-05_182454.thumb.png.232b903808d351cfaff69b7c4a3c90df.png

Sorry for that opinion release, i really love the game, but each update is make worse to play, and sorry about my english, it's not my natural language.

4 hours ago, HITorMYSTO said:

I don't know, i feel like the game is programed in a toaster with touchpad, the game is just heavier than should be, that make me afraid of ARK 2, i feel it will be the same...maybe worst.

It was done in morse code, ARK 2 will be done on your toaster.

Join the club, you are not the only one being slightly worried...

44 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

I thought they was useing more advanced technology, the old 90's 52 kilobyte modem routers that sounded like a machine screaming for its life for example.

Not sure if they managed to master that tech yet. But I've found a yellow piece of paper that proves ARK 2 is indeed more primitive:

|00:000|
|00:ย ย ย ย ย ย  |
|ย  0:ย  0ย ย  |
|00:00ย  |
|00:ย  00|
|00:ย ย ย  0|

The toaster seemed too high tech.

8 hours ago, wizard03 said:

the old 90's 52 kilobyte modem routers that sounded like a machine screaming for its life for example

Ha Ha - do you really remember that stuff???? Imagine doing an Ark update over dial up LOL LOL LOL

ย 

ย 

7 hours ago, MMaas said:

Not sure if they managed to master that tech yet. But I've found a yellow piece of paper that proves ARK 2 is indeed more primitive:

= Binary Coded Decimal
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0010 1110ย  0000 0000 0000 0000ย  0000 0000

7 hours ago, MMaas said:

|00:ย ย ย ย ย ย  |

0000 0000 0000 0000 0011 1010ย  0010 0000 0010 0000 0010 0000 0010 0000

ย 

So Level = the first byte = 0

Chance of making a new levelย  = the second byte = 0

Random additive to chance of making a new level = third byte = ({st case 0.0} {second case decimal data error = crash}

(All in bored fun - for them that knows binary .... Or for thems that know Ark updates :))

7 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Ha Ha - do you really remember that stuff???? Imagine doing an Ark update over dial up LOL LOL LOL

yes I do, my very first online game was Tribes Aireal Assault for the ps2 and it was on the less lack luster 7.2 kilobyte internet. XD
Andย Oh.....My.....God.
Time to download ark estimated at 2ย weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, 19 minutes, 52 seconds. Good luck with the internet holding together that long and without phone calls XD
ย 

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

yes I do, my very first online game was Tribes Aireal Assault for the ps2 and it was on the less lack luster 7.2 kilobyte internet. XD
Andย Oh.....My.....God.
Time to download ark estimated at 2ย weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, 19 minutes, 52 seconds. Good luck with the internet holding together that long and without phone calls XD
ย 

that's what the code to block call waiting was for!

On 1/6/2022 at 11:27 AM, MMaas said:

|00:000|ย ย ย ย  Null
|00:ย ย ย ย ย ย  |ย ย ย ย  A
|ย  0:ย  0ย ย  |ย ย ย ย  R
|00:00ย  |ย ย ย ย  K
|00:ย  00|ย ย ย ย  Shift to numbers
|00:ย ย ย  0|ย ย ย ย  2
|00:000|ย ย ย  Null

I got there - eventually LOL

17 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I didn't have that. It literally was either online and gameing, or someone was on the phone. :P

So you are saying you did not get any calls for a few weeks? :P
Those days... When worried family called your neighbours to check if you were still alive since you never answered the phone ๐Ÿ˜›:P๐Ÿ˜›

40 minutes ago, MMaas said:

So you are saying you did not get any calls for a few weeks? :P
Those days... When worried family called your neighbours to check if you were still alive since you never answered the phone ๐Ÿ˜›:P๐Ÿ˜›

at the time, I was liveing with them and they saw it as a work around from the spam XD

Archived