Crazy stats bug?

Samir1000

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to ark, playing solo on my xbox. The odd thing I have found compared to watching video tutorials is that my arg (and I think all my dinos but not to the same extent) seem to be gaining crazy high stats for every level. I captured a lvl 80 arg and it is now lvl 180 and now has 20k health, 8k% melee and hits for 2k damage. Each level in melee increases it by 600% and its now killing everything in 1 or 2 hits and is actually is a bit boring because there are no threats in the game (yet, not got to caves or bosses). I have looked through my settings, taming speed is set to x3 and xp at x3 to minimize the grind but cant figure out why the stats are levelling so high. Any ideas?

Taming gives a bonus to certain stats, depending on kind of dino and the settings in main menu.
There are also sliders that set the stat increase per level, seems you have those maxed out too. The list with stats is very long by the way and for a new player some might feel confusing. Would recommend to use the wiki to see all the effects
Funny thing is that certain sliders can be overruled by entering manual vallue.

1 hour ago, that1canadian said:

i think you may have increased the stat affinity or dino damage in settings ark is not that easy most of the time.

yeah, this is probably the case.  Single player gives more stats per level than playing on a server(one player vs many players) anyway.  the default for health and melee affinity gain is .8 I believe.  the value of 1 was nerfed a few years ago down to the .8 of today, but they did give us the opportunity to revert that by adjusting the setting.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 12:01 PM, Samir1000 said:

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to ark, playing solo on my xbox. The odd thing I have found compared to watching video tutorials is that my arg (and I think all my dinos but not to the same extent) seem to be gaining crazy high stats for every level. I captured a lvl 80 arg and it is now lvl 180 and now has 20k health, 8k% melee and hits for 2k damage. Each level in melee increases it by 600% and its now killing everything in 1 or 2 hits and is actually is a bit boring because there are no threats in the game (yet, not got to caves or bosses). I have looked through my settings, taming speed is set to x3 and xp at x3 to minimize the grind but cant figure out why the stats are levelling so high. Any ideas?

Have to admit, those stats seem to be a bit high IMO as well. Take a look at the "advanced" settings, scroll down and take a look at the leveling up system for dino's. Id suspect you have those settings adjusted. And yeah, it does feel like your cheating when you mess with those settings.....I had a mosschops that killed a lvl 45 alpha rex once.....got reeeeeally boring quickly.

Archived