RIOT VS FLAK

Blackmagic9000

Hello you cheeky annoying shadowmane scurb lords, it is that time...the classic

What's better riot or flak

I'll explain some personal pros and cons to each, please be aware this is coming from my bps and what i seen in general

Please feel free to comment!

RIOT

P1: riot generally from experience and what i seen has some of the best armor in the game, excellent for especially health nuts and generally trying to survive combat

P2: riot makes club bobs a joke and just about anything short of a bloody gas bomb will fail to knock you out, so much more then flak and due to the looks and colors of riot, you can hide more easily...it short it isn't  Shiny

P3: shock rounds are a joke and basically don't stun you, a perfect counter to a sniper using these shots, a second doesn't sound long but in combat a second is all it takes for things to go wrong fast

C1: although cheap on hide it pays the price, poly and lots of it...poly is like hide for riot, unlike flak riot is bit of a complex armor to make, must have something like abb or 2-3 reps if you really wana use riot like that

C2: due to it's complexity it is very difficult to repair your armor in the field, if you use only organic poly then this may be a issue on some maps

C3: although you don't burn up as easily, looking at you scorched earth.....you will still none the less be bothered by it depending on your points into fort

Ironically flak will keep you more warm but riot will be somewhat better in the heat, key word

FLAK PROS

p1: cheap and reliability is what flak is all about, unlike riot theres always plenty to go around 

P2: it is so simple to make especially on mass, as simple as the hammer and sickle...the backbone of most surviors

P3: excellent protection for being very cheap, can't be knocked out as easily...excellent for cave runs and even pvp, or blowing up a scurbs tower, the flak is everyones best friend

C1: unfortunately you pay the price for simplicity for a bit more expensive, hide will be high but the metal...similar to riot will be very high, however if you have a good way of getting hide...a abb for metal or something, this isn't an issue 

C2: although it's better then being naked shock rounds will still screw you up, probably because your all metal...you will be stunned a tiny bit longer, almost 2 seconds

C3: heat is your worst enemy especially on scorched earth, unfortunately you will not get as much armor as riot could,  also even if you color it....YOU STILL STICK OUT

CONCLUSION: like a friend told me, riot for pvp flak for turrets

Riot in my opinion looks more cool and says alot, it could be a way showing off power, flaks anyone can do and for flak thats why we all love it

If you want the best general armor, go for flak, if you want a more...special approach, to look powerful...you go for riot

Till next time...stay safe 

Flak is usually much better. It costs almost nothing and you only have to fear KO's from troodons. You can also craft like 20 sets of your best bps until you get lucky with the crafting bonus. I don't have a ton of pvp experience but the disposability of flak made it way better there too. I've only used riot when I get a free piece from a drop

I've only started using Riot on Gen2, and that is only because I received asc pieces in drops.

I only use the head and gloves, saving the other slots for the Fed Tek. In those 2 pieces, I have over 900 armor with high dura. The other pieces I receive from drops will eventually be offered to Grinder Shrine for a sick burst of organic poly. Hell, my Tek base was built with Riot gear. :)

On every other map, I use flak from the mastercraft bps I have. Cheap and disposable.

Archived