ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can ;).

Thanks,

Jat

Jat, 

When can the Hardcore players get the Center map to play on? Its not as fun to play on a core server than it is on a hardcore server. Or even bring back the original hardcore servers that were "borrowed". There are heaps of players that are not playing ark because of this.

Well, new digest. Hi. Same questions as last time. I honestly don't have any others.

1). Will there be an Industrial Revolution technology tier? It was such an important era in human history, especially in technological, military, and civil evolution, that it really seems weird that it is not represented. I mean, the steam engine alone reduced ocean travel from several months to about a week.

2). Have you guys thought about an external narcotic delivery system? For example, candles and/or "poison" gas? For example, you could make a Narcoberry candle that would apply torpor in an area. Or you could create "Narcoberry gas" and apply it in larger area. If you wanted, you could even have it apply to other berries, with each one having some sort of area effect.

Sorry for the long questions, just curious.

Will the Xbox whitelist be fixed soon and the back door closed with maybe permissions to protect Player Dedicated Servers against Griefing. Also what about any admin being able to send the Quit Game command because it doesn't seem to work though Save World does.

Even a simple Permission that anyone with Admin permissions can approve a new player to join the Server and remembering players added to the ban list when the server restarts would be an incredible improvement in protection.

2 questions for the Ark Digest!

1) Will there be more Primitive official (vanilla primitive or Primitive Plus) servers added for The Center? There are only 2 at the moment which is not enough!

2) Will you add a primitive server that covers the NA-west region? We get really bad ping for the current primitive servers.

3) Will you guys fix the server rubberbanding issues anytime soon? That is major factor that may ward off potential players, happened to my friends.

I hope you are able to answer!

Thanks!

OK so! I play on both XBOX and PC. So my question is:

Have you all heard anything else about us being able to host a Dedicated XBOX Server on our pc?

With everything that has recently happened it would have been nice to be able to grab our saved player data for our xbox servers just like you can on the PC. I just ordered a second XBOX to test with. Hopefully Microsoft can see the benefits of us hosting our own. 

• Jen unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Jen pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived