We ask for a rollback for PvE servers join me here for the request

Danouk

1 minute ago, Rippy said:

I agree so our forums can stoo drowning in the tears of the last few days. One mistake from the devs and bam, all these new forum users spamming posts in non-constructive whining ways appear.

If you look at my numbers of post I am not a new user. So please check your statement before posting. I ask for support not trolls. We are not whining. We ask for understanding. If it was a lost because of something they added to the game I would not be complaining. But it was something they change to change the spawning of pillars but they forgot about the griefers and trolls that would take advantage of the situation. They made a mistake and all we ask is a rollback of a few days.

Just now, Danouk said:

If you look at my numbers of post I am not a new user. So please check your statement before posting. I ask for support not trolls. We are not whining. We ask for understanding. If it was a lost because of something they added to the game I would not be complaining. But it was something they change to change the spawning of pillars but they forgot about the griefers and trolls that would take advantage of the situation. They made a mistake and all we ask is a rollback of a few days.

I had already edited my post above mate, clarifying that I didn't mean you.

I agree they need to rollback. We lost 2 dinos and our greenhouse and about 100 crop plots including xplants that were protecting our base and we were only off one day. But that pales in comparison to one tribe in our server that mostly plays on weekends. Players were bragging about taking all there dinos and demoing all there bases...at least 5 full bases. That's how I figured out the timers had been changed. We and this other tribe have been on since the game came out. Something needs to be done. 

32 minutes ago, Rippy said:

I agree, so our forums can stop drowning in the tears of the last few days. One mistake from the devs and bam, all these new forum users spamming posts in non-constructive whining ways appear.

Edit: not saying yours is non-constructive @Danouk, this is a good post :)

The longer they do not roll back, the less likely they'll do it.  They're going to find themselves in another losing situation as well because of the time now for a rollback would mean other people will lose time/effort of things done. It is a complete, community eroding mess.

Im inclined to think they're not going to do it now and that in some ways that is even more condescending than the initial bad decision with the studio with the timers.  Its almost like "fine we'll revert the timers, but we're going to punish you for having us do that."  While that may or may not be the case, that is the perception that is building.

But to address your quoted post: contextually, its not "one mistake", nor a new trend.  We're past that for those of us who have seen more of what's going on over time.  This whole fiasco is just another reflection of the attitude and mindset of those making these decisions and their down looking view of the players in general. 

It is disappointing. There is a growing disparity between the community and the studio. People who have spent thousands of hours in game and been ardent supporters are now taking back their endorsements of it.  Trust has been broken for many and the more this is poorly handled, the hard, or nigh impossible it is going to be to reestablish it.

1 minute ago, Novarae said:

This whole fiasco is just another reflection of the attitude and mindset of those making these decisions and their down looking view of the players in general. 

Huh? Are you really so jaded that you think they don't care about us? I would happily say that most of their decisions have been made due to our requests. 

The constent threads you would see saying "do something about these pillars", they tried something that didn't work. Every decision they make upaets someone. 

People are so fickle, everyone forgot they are playing a pre-release, and their attitudes reflect this.

26 minutes ago, Rippy said:

People are so fickle, everyone forgot they are playing a pre-release, and their attitudes reflect this.

We know this is pre-release, and we appreciate they are trying to do something about the awful griefing some servers have with pillars. We are also very aware that a big injustice has been done to some of the longest most loyal players. What makes it even worse is the very people who have made our Ark lives worse over that time are the one's who have benefited and are boasting about it now. 

That's why I said it would be better if it had happened to everyone, not just a few who were unlucky not to have logged in the day before. This really is very sad, it's hard to get over with the claimers bragging about it. We play PVE because we don't want aggravation or to 'take or be taken from'...it really is a very sad affair atm. I would have preferred a total wipe by mistake than this.

30 minutes ago, Rippy said:

Huh? Are you really so jaded that you think they don't care about us? I would happily say that most of their decisions have been made due to our requests. 

The constent threads you would see saying "do something about these pillars", they tried something that didn't work. Every decision they make upaets someone. 

is have to agree with Rippy here there wouldn't even be a pve mode if they weren't listening to the community. At this point a rollback is too little too late. The decision to change the timers was a poor decision. I'd imagine they see that hopefully they learn from it but the damage is already done.

I agree it sucks @greenslade, but the way people are posting isn't working in their favour. If you call up a service provider, and abuse the heck out of them, especially though you have had little to no problems with them up until that point, do you think they are going to rush out and fix the problem?

It annoys me that people are so willing to change their tune over one or two bad decisions (which at the time weren't intended as bad decisions). 

@Rippy I see no-one going overboard in this thread. You say we're annoying you but we want to make our views about this known, we feel very bad about it even if we didn't lose anything. It's EA and we're giving feedback in the only way we know how. If I didn;t care so much about the game I wouldn't bother. Sometimes, when bad things happen you have to give people space to say what is on their mind. If nobody did then how would the devs know the depth of feeling about this?

EDIT: Reading this again I assume you're referring to some other threads I haven't read..maybe your comments would be better there, where the people who are raging are posting?

28 minutes ago, greenslade said:

Reading this again I assume you're referring to some other threads I haven't read..maybe your comments would be better there, where the people who are raging are posting?

That is correct @greenslade, maybe I should have, I just view this forum community as a whole, not just thread to thread. You will probably do the same once you have been around for a little longer.

I did not lose anything. but my buddies did, I claimed whatever dinos I could when the purging happened and returned them promptly. but still, some boxes were destroyed and blueprints and stuff has been lost.

I feel that a rollback is not going to happen. too much time has passed since the incident has happened. I think we can safely say that this situation is FUBAR.

1 hour ago, Danouk said:

I can understand that but I bet you anything if they are any on the island PvE they got also raided. I am not asking for the centre map PvE I am talking about the island ones where most of the veteran players got raided.

What I'm saying is, they're not going to risk new customers getting refunds, to fix a problem for old customers who can't ask for refunds. Bottom-line being, that all the older players leaving now after losing everything to this mess, don't cost them any money. Yes, I'm utterly cynical and jaded.

16 hours ago, TylerTheDoctor said:

It sucks that what happened happened, but the longer they go without a rollback the worse the result would be. I mean, can you imagine the salt on the forums about people losing days of work... again?

Loosing days of work compared to loosing a years worth of work? I would be ok with that. But I agree they probably won't do anything possibly from the fear of loosing the new money to refunds. However bad word of mouth and reviews with the actual release coming up could cost them a lot more than a few refunds would. I would not pay $30 for a game when reviews tell me there's a possibility of putting in thousands of hours and loose everything to one bad decision implimemted with no warning. 

2 hours ago, Rippy said:

That is the problem with reviews, I bet no one in there will mention that this happened during pre-release.

Agree with you there. You can't judge a game base on problems that we be eventually fix. They should base on the generality of the game. Not the mechanics which eventually will get fix. All the problems I went through for the pass two weeks as our server has been down more then it's been up and when it is it's terrible I love this game to death. I am not about to quick. I might complain and ask for things but not quitting this game.

Archived