Is Genesis the new Extinction? ( Official server performance )

Vit0Corleone

Since I've started playing, as far as I can recall, all Extinction servers always had major issues in performance, like constant disconnects, crashes, rollbacks and what not, which made it kind of a torture to play in, to the point that I simply gave up on even trying to do a Extinction playthrough some time ago. IIRC, this is because Extinction was the best place to setup massive breeding/cloning operations, which caused major server performance problems.

Instead, I played Genesis and had lots of fun with it.

But currently, it seems that Genesis is the new Extinction when it comes to server instability. Crashes, rollbacks, disconnects.. it's just, not pleasant at all being constantly worried and annoyed that something is going to happen and make me lose all my stuff ( again .. ).

This does make me wonder why. Is there a reason why it's now Genesis? Something changed to make all the mass breeders and gigantic complex buildings to move to Genesis?

And if so, would that mean that Extinction is now more stable? ( I still haven't done a proper playthrough on Extinction, considering if now it would be worth trying )

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

This does make me wonder why. Is there a reason why it's now Genesis? Something changed to make all the mass breeders and gigantic complex buildings to move to Genesis?

And if so, would that mean that Extinction is now more stable? ( I still haven't done a proper playthrough on Extinction, considering if now it would be worth trying )

Since some months ago there is a serious issue in an undetermined (to my knowledge) number of official pve extinction servers.

Every 15 minutes (when server saves) there is a lottery in which most or even all current players are kicked due to the large timeout the server save produces on the game client. This makes farming veins a risky task, farming red drop an very risky task and farming purple drops a suicide.

We detected that in our server some time ago. Considered relocating to a different server but every single person I've asked about their server they told me the are experiencing the exact same issue.

We’ve been having success on extinction again.  but genesis, while not crashing and rolling back that often,  is still a lottery on when we get booted on game saves.  Missions are all but impossible to do now,  farming mats in dangerous locations is almost assured destruction.    The map is unplayable, if this isn’t fixed the game is relatively over once gentwo is out.  At least on official servers.

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

We’ve been having success on extinction again.  but genesis, while not crashing and rolling back that often,  is still a lottery on when we get booted on game saves.  Missions are all but impossible to do now,  farming mats in dangerous locations is almost assured destruction.    The map is unplayable, if this isn’t fixed the game is relatively over once gentwo is out.  At least on official servers.

Agreed. It's so bad right now, and im pretty sure its every gen server.

12 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I can verify servers 590 606 651 , from EU to NA, it's all the same.  In 45min , you are guaranteed to drop at least 1x if not 3.

Add gen 608 to that. I’m on island/ab/extinction as well. All are fine but gen. Something is off or sucking memory real damn bad. I can’t pin point it, except for one thing. I was the only one on 608 all was running fine, started the frog mission for hex...got through it no problem, and then when I was about to complete the mission “boom” connection timeout / kicked. Mind you I was only person on server. It could have been a server save, which will kick a decent amount, I just found it weird as soon as I was about to get hex the server kicked me. I’ve sent in enough tickets for gen I’m pretty sure they see my email and trash it. Hey to each their own I guess. 

Archived