Make dinosaurs defend themselves but stay stationary

Mattisdada

Suggestion

Hey everyone, I run a private server just for my friends. So we only have a single tribe and our dinos are our pets more than cattle. 

But it's super annoying that a tiny little dinosaur can kill our spinosaurus, because we have it set to passive. If we don't set it to passive and make it neutral instead, it'll get attacked by a flying mob and chase it into the water and die.

Is there a way that they can attack any attacking dinosaur, but not chase them

I'm happy for it to be a mod or something, or some game config setting (or maybe something inbuilt in the game we are missing?)

Thank you for any advice <3 ❤️

9 replies to this server topic

3 minutes ago, Mattisdada said:

Hey everyone, I run a private server just for my friends. So we only have a single tribe and our dinos are our pets more than cattle. But it's super annoying that a tiny little dinosaur can kill our spinosaurus, because we have it set to passive. If we don't set it to passive and make it neutral instead, it'll get attacked by a flying mob and chase it into the water and die. Is there a way that they can attack any attacking dinosaur, but not chase them I'm happy for it to be a mod or something, or some game config setting (or maybe something inbuilt in the game we are missing?) Thank you for any advice ❤️❤️

Best I have come up with is to have all the tames follow a dino inside the base, turn the following distance of all the other dinos to low, and set the dino in the base to passive.......All the other dinos are set to "attack your target", they are able to defend themselves, and then they come straight back home when the target is neutralized. 

31 minutes ago, Mattisdada said:

Excuse my ignorance sorry, what's a dino leash area?

special engram for a different map......its like installing a invisible fence for your dog IRL. You place down a small transmiter, it broadcasts an area of where your dino can roam around in, and the dinos can't get out {or are not supposed to}......Crazy thing about it is I got one from a raptor clause drop on the island, and I do not have extinction downloaded yet! 😮 

11 hours ago, wizard03 said:

special engram for a different map......its like installing a invisible fence for your dog IRL. You place down a small transmiter, it broadcasts an area of where your dino can roam around in, and the dinos can't get out {or are not supposed to}......Crazy thing about it is I got one from a raptor clause drop on the island, and I do not have extinction downloaded yet! 😮 

I think I got one to, at least a blueprint for it! Very interesting idea, I think I'll use it!

10 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

fill them all with stone.

Absolute genius, love it!

11 hours ago, 2OLEgend said:

I started doing this when I found 4 pegomastax had taken 80% health of the megachelon. 

Pegomastax are often what ended up killing my strong dinos, just because it sits there doing 6 damage for ages, given enough time, it'll kill anything :(

-----

Thanks for the advice everyone, really useful stuff! ❤️. I really wish in an update / Ark 2, this is a native feature, like, it's just so dumb. The AI is so dumb as well for running into the water, but I think this feature would be much simpler to implement :P

Archived