Bronto TLC (Ideas and suggestions)

Udam

Suggestion

If you play Ark for 5 minutes. you know what the bronto is! (or at least i hope you do)
And we all know that (aside from getting berries) they are kinda of useless for combat and other uses 

So Here are some Ideas (i am going to uses the Xbox consoles for the abilities so if you Play on windows, PC or Playstation and you give the Equal buttons ill update it) lets do it!

Model: new look is needed, he looks much more detailed and just looks better,  Still very big and very chunky! AND BETTER LEGS!
New animations!

Passive buffs:
No knock back! No matter what hits you you will not get knockback or stuned Due to there bulk! unless a Titan hits you!
Drops ALOT MORE Meat! and hide! 

Saddle: the base bronto saddle has 3 seats, the head (the rider), and the 2 passengers (the back) the Rider does not need to to bother with fog or bad weather on maps, (Fog in island, the Bog, Snow storms, sandstorms, duststorms, etc)
Platform saddle: The platform saddle Still has the saddle on the top of its head but it allows you to build on him.

Swimming!
When it is in body high water it will still not swim (even if the people on the back are drowning) it will only start to swim when water up by the neck! so they can walk in shallow reef and will walk normal! 

Attacks: 

(A button): Back stomp: if something is bugging you on the back you can deal a back stomp (like a titanosaur but not as good)

(RT) Tail whip: same thing, Very large Range, highest Knockback!, Able to harvest berries, but looks better! (great for thatch and berries) 

(LT) Front stomp: if you don't want to knock back something and just do damage, do a front stomp! is just a Heavy Stomp and does a ok amount of damage (gets a ok amout of wood)

(Right joystick) Large Stomp: The attack that uses a ALOT Stamina but does a very nice amount of damage (almost as much as a Giant turtle bite but has a Cool down 1 minute 30 sec )

But if you fail you just do a small AOE attack! no dismount.

Taming: he is a Bit harder to tame, while if someone is skilled enough to Shoot a slingshot at a bronto and KO it, they can but do to there thick hide, rocks just kinda tickle. if you do it enough it can happen but you will be there for awhile. but arrows will work better. darts are the best!

Varirnets: A X-Version Spawns on Genesis in the Bog, they have a Camo tree like pattern with a Wave pattern on their belly!  Very colorful!

Roles: 
Rex Rival 
Cargo
Combat tame
berry harvesting  
Mobel base.

28 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, Udam said:

and thanks to the rexs "more damage to herbivores" that does not help him ether. the only thing the bronto has over the rex is knockback and health but that can only do so much, a Player riding a rex and charge into it, sense the tail whip is slow enough for players to change through with a rex.

Because it isn't meant to be a combat mount, like 90% of herbivore creatures in the game. The Bronto is above the Stego, the same way the Rex is above the Carno. It can defend itself, but not from the most powerful carnivores in the game, especially those bred for combat like most tamed Rexes. 

24 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Because it isn't meant to be a combat mount, like 90% of herbivore creatures in the game. The Bronto is above the Stego, the same way the Rex is above the Carno. It can defend itself, but not from the most powerful carnivores in the game, especially those bred for combat like most tamed Rexes. 

thats what im trying to do with my tlc ideas

Herbo need more love for combat roles. the Stego and mammoth where really good at that. 
Stego has its modes and can implail
Mammoths can lower Damage and has better attacks.

ether way i changed some things in the main part, so yeah

17 hours ago, birdguy0705 said:

The bronto should be able to whip it's tail incredibly fast creating and earsplitting sound that scares away dinos like the yutyrannus but against large dinos (rex, allo, wyvern, ect) it only scares them if they aren't aggro. This tail whip attack should also cripple dinos if they get hit inflicting a bone break debuff.

i like that idea but IMO that should be for the diplodicus (I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL!)

becauses it is kinda useless, and it has that long wiggly tail, they could say that it has cartilage in its tail making it so it will not hurt the diplo

and it would be a super whip, able to Scare almost anything (aside from gigas, titanos and titans)
it can pick stuff up, somehow! it stuns dinos, and if it hits a small target it does a nice amount of damage! 

On 12/1/2020 at 7:47 AM, Udam said:Model: new look is needed, he looks much more detailed and just looks better,  Still very big and very chunky! AND BETTER LEGS!

Yes. 

On 12/1/2020 at 7:47 AM, Udam said:

Passive buffs:
No knock back! No matter what hits you you will not get knockback or stuned Due to there bulk!
Watch tower: the base bronto saddle has a seat on the head of the bronto that can act like a watch tower (it makes you able to see much better in fog or bad weather, and makes you more steady when you aim you're gun, (there is a ladder on the neck)
Berries wight: Berries wight is now 90% less!
Now Drops Massive Poop! (yeah!)
Drops ALOT MORE Meat! and hide!

No KB, yes to berry weight, no to massive, that is reserved for titano, and yes to more drops. No comment on watchtower 

Saddle: the base bronto saddle can have 7 extra people (plus the rider) One can ride on the top of the head to act as a watchman, A back seat to look behind, and the rest ride on the back. it still has 25 armor!
Platform saddle: The platform saddle Still has the saddle on the top of its head but it allows you to build on him (duu) but you can build more on him and you can put ammo from sedge weapons in the brontos inventory and it will load it into the bronto (so you can put cannons on it and keep firing)  

No to 7 saddle, leave it at 2 or 1, depending if it’s a platform or not. Also on offical building turrets and stuff is disabled. But yes to that feature. As for watchtower, still no comment, except how would it help you see in the fog? Like scuba googles? Thoes don’t work.

swimming!
When it is in body high water it will still not swim (even if the people on the back are drowning) it will only start to swim when water up by the neck! so they can walk in shallow reef and will walk normal! 

Yes.

Attacks: 

(A button): Back stomp: if something is bugging you on the back you can deal a back stomp (like a titanosaur) 

(RT) Tail whip: same thing, Very large Range, highest Knockback!, Able to harvest berries, but looks better!

(LT) Stomp: The attack that uses a Ok amount of Stamina but does a very nice amount of damage (almost as much as a Giant turtle bite)  

(Right Joystick): Super slam! you must time it right and you have to do a "mini game" like the Mammoth drum in order to do this attack! if you Do it right it will do a A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF AOE damage, it can knock people of there mounts like a ferox but they can hop back on, (so they are not stuned really just dismounted)

But if you fail you just do a small AOE attack! no dismount.

A=RMB=primary attack i agree

RT=LMB=secondary attack i also agree

LT=C=special attack I agree as long as it has a wait time in between 

RJ=???=??? I don’t agree, just kinda weird and too OP sounding, and just not something I want, I mean, I’ve tamed Brontos at level 14 with a slingshot, so fun to have a noob come at you with 2 mate bosted brontos, and have them knock you off and send you back to your bed.

Roles: 

Sedge weapon
"Giga of herbivores"
Cargo
Combat tame
berry harvesting  

Did you mean to say Carno, or Allo of herbivores? Titano is Giga, and I’d say rhino is Rex. 

19 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

The Bronto really only needs some animation/model changing. They could also do with a 15-20% speed buff. Aside from that, really don't think it needs any cool abilities or changes, they work really well as the herbivore equivalent of the Rex as they are. 

i see the stego or rhino more of a equal to the rex. 

not to bronto really, it should be more above the rex, now the giga will still rain king, same with the rex but the bronto could have more of a combat role.

2 hours ago, Udam said:

and the Effect acts kinda like a ferox, it dismounts you but you could hop back on with no problem. and i would be Alot harder to tame a Bronto now sense it is much stronger and has more attacks that would rekt a noob

Still slow AF, and they shouldn’t be faster, if one hits a noob Rn in game, noob losses half their health, before fall damage.

12 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

A 3500 wt Bronto will slot cap with berries and still be able to move normally. There's no need for a berry weight reduction buff.

why not?

the stego has less berrie wight, and he is my fav berrie picker becauses it can Alot! almost more then a bronto if you got 2000 wight.

Taming: he is a Bit harder to tame, while if someone is skilled enough to Shoot a slingshot at a bronto and KO it, they can but do to there thick hide, rocks just kinda tickle. if you do it enough it can happen but you will be there for awhile.

“Skilled enough?” Seriously, brontos are the size of the hole screen, you have a wide margin of distance away and trajectory to hit it from, also it already takes over 100 rocks.

The bronto should be able to whip it's tail incredibly fast creating and earsplitting sound that scares away dinos like the yutyrannus but against large dinos (rex, allo, wyvern, ect) it only scares them if they aren't aggro. This tail whip attack should also cripple dinos if they get hit inflicting a bone break debuff.

7 hours ago, Udam said:

i see the stego or rhino more of a equal to the rex. 

not to bronto really, it should be more above the rex, now the giga will still rain king, same with the rex but the bronto could have more of a combat role.

But it's not how you see it, it's how the game is designed. The Bronto has had its damage buffed before to "Bring it in line with the Rex", which is its direct counterpart gameplay wise. 

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Picks up 500 wood while gathering berries, well, I guess I just wolnt move. Also not everyone has 4K weight

There's a great system where you can drop stuff from the inventory you don't want. A base weight on Bronto is 1600. On Gen I tamed a level 80 Bronto. It now has 5k weight. 

Berry reduction is redundant and unneeded. Your level 25 Bronto should get encumbered easily so it behooves you to tame something better and grow as a player.

5 hours ago, Udam said:

why not?

the stego has less berrie wight, and he is my fav berrie picker becauses it can Alot! almost more then a bronto if you got 2000 wight.

It can't though. Berries weigh the same no matter the dino. 

Your dino can only hold 300 slots of an item. A stack of berries weighs 10 wt. So if you fill all 300 slots of your Bronto with berries, it will reach 3000 wt (3020 with saddle plus whatever you are carrying so stay light and add 70 wt for 3090 wt) so with 3500 wt (easily achievable on even a mid level tame) you'll be holding all the berries your Bronto can carry anyway. 

18 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

It can't though. Berries weigh the same no matter the dino. 

Your dino can only hold 300 slots of an item. A stack of berries weighs 10 wt. So if you fill all 300 slots of your Bronto with berries, it will reach 3000 wt (3020 with saddle plus whatever you are carrying so stay light and add 70 wt for 3090 wt) so with 3500 wt (easily achievable on even a mid level tame) you'll be holding all the berries your Bronto can carry anyway. 

i guess, ill change it

16 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

But it's not how you see it, it's how the game is designed. The Bronto has had its damage buffed before to "Bring it in line with the Rex", which is its direct counterpart gameplay wise. 

well from what i see, he does not do a really good job at it. rex still kicks the ass of the bronto

and thanks to the rexs "more damage to herbivores" that does not help him ether. the only thing the bronto has over the rex is knockback and health but that can only do so much, a Player riding a rex and charge into it, sense the tail whip is slow enough for players to change through with a rex.

17 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

But what if you wanna keep the wood?

you can but hes more of a berry gather, kinda like how a trike is a early berry gather.

20 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Yes. 

No KB, yes to berry weight, no to massive, that is reserved for titano, and yes to more drops. No comment on watchtower 

No to 7 saddle, leave it at 2 or 1, depending if it’s a platform or not. Also on offical building turrets and stuff is disabled. But yes to that feature. As for watchtower, still no comment, except how would it help you see in the fog? Like scuba googles? Thoes don’t work.

Yes.

A=RMB=primary attack i agree

RT=LMB=secondary attack i also agree

LT=C=special attack I agree as long as it has a wait time in between 

RJ=???=??? I don’t agree, just kinda weird and too OP sounding, and just not something I want, I mean, I’ve tamed Brontos at level 14 with a slingshot, so fun to have a noob come at you with 2 mate bosted brontos, and have them knock you off and send you back to your bed.

Did you mean to say Carno, or Allo of herbivores? Titano is Giga, and I’d say rhino is Rex. 

i kinda agree with the saddle but sense its so big, it seems to a waste of space. and the Watchtowers has two roles,  Recon, you can see through fog and bad weather do if you bring one to SE for example, the sandstorms are nothing just a debuf (like suba and desert goggles but with more uses) 

The heavy attack is when you ride it, not in the wild, in the wild and not riding its just a AOE attack and it would have a cool down 

and the Effect acts kinda like a ferox, it dismounts you but you could hop back on with no problem. and i would be Alot harder to tame a Bronto now sense it is much stronger and has more attacks that would rekt a noob

Maybe they could be in the middle the rex and giga. the King is the titiano but the bronto is there smaller cousin. they would have some more advantages over the rex but also has some disavatges like speed, breeding and Size!

Giga is god and titiano is also god!

and the turrets are the Canons, baslitas, and catapults. not auto turrets 

Archived