Remove or Increase Tether on PS4/PS5

TrainableOlive8

Suggestion

40 replies to this server topic

48 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

The tether protects your gaming system. Since it's console it would have issues that could affect the hardware if the tether was increased due to how much would be rendered in at once. Console just isn't powerful enough to handle it.

Nitrado rents private servers for as low as $13 a month for 10 player slots. Could split that cost between friends, no tether, and way more customizable than a non-dedi session.

Probably your best option to get rid of tether but not have to deal with randoms.

Alright thank you for the information, would they possibly change it when the ps5 comes out? I'm debating now to just switch to PC.

4 minutes ago, MobileNPC said:

I'm not suggesting the removal of the tether. I'm just saying to increase it, perhaps to double or so of what it is now. It is easy because they already did it on accident then removed it. From what I've read so far not a single problem was reported from basically a no tether gameplay. (In single player, couch co-op, not more than two people) The ps4 system can handle it. That's not a good enough excuse.

Increasing the tether dosen't matter on most maps. Any area that's a different zone will trigger the tether. Caves, some oceans area, etc.

Also, consoles games and updates much go through a certification process. Adding a tether slider might not be allowed by the console manufacturer, due to the performance.

It's interesting that we're talking about updating this to make the game better with no/farther tether. This is how the game was and they changed it for the worse on purpose. The people who say it's to protect your console are simply lying. It's just not true. The people trying to explain that its your fault for not spending more money to get a dedicated server are exactly the problem. They changed the game everyone loved in a way to force people to pay for more servers and accounts and everything. Your family fun time at home means nothing to them. It is a cash grab. They KNOW the game was better as it was, but they don't care and they want your money. It's just business. Can't blame them, blame the idiots that are all to happy to tell you to spend more money.

so me and my brother just started playing together and stayed right next to each other so we could help each other because my brother is new and when he got used to the game play we went our separate ways and after a minute or so he suddenly appeared right next to me and he kept trying to go away but couldn't so please fix this or just think about it my brother no longer likes playing cause he always has to follow me

thank you 

Tethering distance i get that it will show performance issues but my friend and i are very different from eachother she would rather be building and i hunt and gather and we cannot do that because the distance is too small can we at the very least get to chose at our own risk the distance?

Thank you for reading survivors!

58 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Increasing the tether dosen't matter on most maps. Any area that's a different zone will trigger the tether. Caves, some oceans area, etc.

The current tether doesn't even cover a single zone so yes it does matter. Why not then just do a "zone tether" and enable free wandering through each zone? 

Apparently this garbage forum only lets me post 4 times. 

My point is that they can change it and they're not. They have absolutely NO valid reason for this low tether distance. I know what the PS4 is capable of. Seems like they do not.

Just now, MobileNPC said:

The current tether doesn't even cover a single zone so yes it does matter. Why not then just do a "zone tether" and enable free wandering through each zone? 

The single player mode and non-dedicated don't work the same way as a server does. They don't have replication like a server. Only the area and calculations near the Host player are working.

I play with a group of 4 mix of PS4/PS5 players on a non dedicated save.  We all got the game on sale for dirt cheap and would love to play all of the maps, but absolutely refuse to buy any dlc with the tether as it is.  Obviously if the last gen Xbox can handle running without a tether, we should at least be able to try our luck on the PlayStation, especially if a PS5 is hosting.  

And no.  We don't want a dedicated server.  We are a casual group that sometimes goes months without playing and can't justify paying rental fees.  Not to mention we have jobs and families and don't want to worry about starving tames or wandering gigas when we log off.

I'm not a game developer, but adding a slider or checkbox with a warning about decreased performance seems much easier than the UE5 remaster that I've been hearing about.  I'm sure the instant revenue from people like me and my friends buying dlc's would make it worth asking the intern to knock that out before going home on Friday.

19 hours ago, Kirks said:

Alright thank you for the information, would they possibly change it when the ps5 comes out? I'm debating now to just switch to PC.

I think it is more PS decision rather than WC's so depends how good PS thinks it is but probably no change for this Ark. I doubt they can isolate between a PS5 and PS4 version.

We are now in 2022 and soon 2023 and the distance limit between the host and players is still here , I know that getting rid of it makes the game run slower and lagging but I think it's more of our problem(the players) and that it's something that we must sacrifice so we can play together wherever we want .

Maybe at least make the distance limit bigger like 500m or even 1000m , because even if we stay together 250m is to much less.

Archived