How to mine 90,000 metal on OfficialServers in a day (12 hours actually)

IDNeon

Need Quetz/Anky.

You need a good pilot who knows where all the nodes are and can fly fast, accurate and stop on a dime (to save flight time).

Need to locate near the twins.

Need to spiral the mountain from tree-line hidden nodes to the top.

North twin has about 2,800 metal in 2 runs
South twin has about 1,600 metal in 1 run
North East mountain has about 1,600-1,800 metal in one run.
South-of-Flattop has about 2,800 in 2 runs.

Each run is approximately 15 minutes, a little longer for flight time to "South-of-Flattop".

You only need 4 runs for the first run to start to respawn.

Use the South-of-flattop to wait for respawns if needed, use ptera to scout if respawn happens or need more time (so not to waste quetz flight time).

Do this around the clock and you can get 90,000+ metal in 12 hours.  I say a day because maybe you play 6 hours, go to bed, play a few more hours. etc.

26 minutes ago, n_scheffel said:

But wait, aren't you the guy that said the best base is a raft? Weren't you looking to build a base in the snow biome too? And then you exclaimed the best way to play is topump points into oxygen and be sea-based? Now you want to farm mass amounts of metal? How do you keep a quetz and anky penned up on your raft base? 

Sometimes I get the feeling IDNeon doesn't realize that other people are cognizant enough to remember what he's posted in the past.

Just now, Martyn said:

What are you on about? I can get 4-6k metal ore off those mtns.  On an official server.. I can practically fill an ind forge clearing the mtns then going to blue spire and clearing then, then the various small hills as well.  90k metal is childs play.

Yes I'm giving conservative numbers with a lower level quetz. Don't tell me what's child's play.  I got banned today permanently from Steamcommunity forums because a bunch of 1,000 hour noobs on there harassed me trolled me saying 90,000/day was impossible on official server.

So I was going to be nice here and not try and make even higher claims for people just starting out.  I would say 90k is very do-able by mid-level tribes.

F-**** steamcommunity those people are definitely 1,000 hour noobs.  They think they know how to play, but they don't know anything.

5 hours ago, n_scheffel said:

So your tip is to use the well known quetz/anky combo to farm all the metal on 3-4 mountains? I'm pretty sure every single tribe in the history of Ark has figured that one out buddy haha! is your next tip going to be to use a quetz and mammoth to farm wood by clearing all the trees on the map??

But wait, aren't you the guy that said the best base is a raft? Weren't you looking to build a base in the snow biome too? And then you exclaimed the best way to play is to pump points into oxygen and be sea-based? Now you want to farm mass amounts of metal? How do you keep a quetz and anky penned up on your raft base? 

I still stand by ALL those statements, sorry where does ANYTHING I've said mean I can't use a quetz/anky?

I still have 500/140 in oxy/movement speed.

And it works great.  The rest of the points go to touch-up things and hp.  Got a problem with that?

Gonna hit me with your ascendant sword and 300% melee dmg hahahaha?  If you get that close take an electric prod to the face and enjoy your week in prison buddy.

6 hours ago, Justmakingareport said:

Sounds great but griefers would rather destroy months of work to loot a tiny armor plated ship to steal a single stack of 200 metal ingots then farm 5-10k on their own in the same time......

Well they aren't looting our new base lol, our boldest construction yet is a killing field of 38 auto turrets, and 3:1 plant-x:auto-turret ratio.  Our "Alpha" tribe (not even sure they have as good of quetz as us anymore lol) has a 1 Giga per tribe rule...

So we fragmented our tribe into a bunch of alliances and each tribe in the alliance has a Giga lol.  We're just working on quetz-super-fortresses now.  I've seen some pretty innovative platform designs for max firepower.

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

I'd rather have 2 ankys for mtn mining and 2 for oil/water use and live where I do in south, with a northern base to mine from.  Living off a raft is very limited.  Not to mention you can't exactly breed dinos from a raft.

I agree, actually, I prefer metal boats and sea-life to land life, but that's the point of tribes we each fill a niche.  I have an expert tamer/breeder who manages our breeding operations and I have a bruiser (dunno what else to call him) who is more or less my "overseer" of land based operations.  He runs the land-portion of the tribe, I run the over-all strategy.

The three of us make up a triumvirate.

So when I speak of some things it's only a partial glimpse into the over-all goings on on our Ark server, I have a bunch of interests and some days I prefer some things over others which is why on those days you see me bring up some things versus another.

By the way, I wasn't trying to claim at all that 90,000 was some kind of record.

I was stating it as "do-able" and it's do-able for midlevel tribes.

I was run out of Steamcommunity for making such a claim, everyone there embarrassingly claimed it couldn't be done.

So I broke down the math with a mid-level anky to show them otherwise.  And because I swear a lot at 1,000 hour noobs and call them what they are, I was perma banned and brought the thread here because people here are more wiling to discuss and learn things.

This is only really possible if you are able to access all the metal spawns safely (i.e. no enemy turrets) and other players aren't mining from them at the same time. Depending on the strength of your tribe this could vary from a walk in the park, to a frustrating and slow process.

Not really sure on the point of the post, I mean the Quetz/Argentavis + Ankylosaurus combo is a pretty obvious one and it doesn't take long to figure where all the most metal spawns once you get a flyer (or just look on a wiki/google it). Also I doubt that many players would actually want to do this for such a long period of time, it's not exactly the most exciting thing in the world.

As for being "run out" of the steam community, well I wouldn't really call that unusual, it's basically Mos Eisley level in terms of communities.

Guys you forget about the most important aspect.

One can only farm a node if it is there. How on earth do you want to farm all metal on the map for 12 hours on offical .

On my official pvp server there is not much metal left in the evening.

So i usually, when i have the time, do i trip to the volcano top with 2 quetzes, that gives me about 2.100 metal Ingots (so 4200) Metal.

My main issue when farming metal is that everybody is doing it ...

4 hours ago, sal said:

Guys you forget about the most important aspect.

One can only farm a node if it is there. How on earth do you want to farm all metal on the map for 12 hours on offical .

On my official pvp server there is not much metal left in the evening.

So i usually, when i have the time, do i trip to the volcano top with 2 quetzes, that gives me about 2.100 metal Ingots (so 4200) Metal.

My main issue when farming metal is that everybody is doing it ...

If you are quick...you keep the nodes "used".  Do you think that someone else will wait around for it to spawn?  They see it gone and leave or do something else.

Since you are doing rounds...the nodes only last for a 15 minute window or so, out of an hour or 1.5 hours of 'despawn'.

Meaning, more likely people will come to those nodes during the despawned time than the spawned time.

On 4/13/2016 at 4:48 PM, IDNeon said:

If you are quick...you keep the nodes "used".  Do you think that someone else will wait around for it to spawn?  They see it gone and leave or do something else.

Since you are doing rounds...the nodes only last for a 15 minute window or so, out of an hour or 1.5 hours of 'despawn'.

Meaning, more likely people will come to those nodes during the despawned time than the spawned time.

Sure you can do that but upsetting everybody else on the sever will end your fun pretty quickly.

Multiple tribes have been wiped from the official server i play on because the farmed metal to aggresively and others felt nothing was left for them ... Surviving on official is 90% politics =)

13 hours ago, sal said:

Sure you can do that but upsetting everybody else on the sever will end your fun pretty quickly.

Multiple tribes have been wiped from the official server i play on because the farmed metal to aggresively and others felt nothing was left for them ... Surviving on official is 90% politics =)

Not at all, (I agree it's politics) but even on our rather populated server nobody noticed.  It's doubtful you'll keep around the clock farming going for more than half a day or so...

Archived