Bad luck with giga spawns.

Dime

Bad luck with giga spawns.

Flat out I cannot find a giga on extinction. I’ve been hunting for one for 4 days now probably honestly 15-20 hours of in game hunting. 

I looked at the heat map of the giga spawn around the snow biome. I ran with my Rex up and down the East side where the big hill is I’ve seen one there in the past at a low level. I killed every deer I saw, ankylo, stego, Rex, everything. And not one giga spawned. 

Searched and killed as much as I could on the west side with my mana and nothing. Tried the south end same thing killed everything and nothing. Do I just transfer to the center to tame a giga or what because something isn’t right. 

If any of you have any ideas or tips or know something please feel free to leave a comment.

And sometime spawns 6+ gigas near snow biom. 

I m not sure, hopefully someone can confirm this, but giga don't share spawns with another dinos. 

Extc was always a little bit wierd about gigas spawns.  

Put everything in obi, taming stuff if u can't carry all, and jump servers until u find decent lvl. Best advice, find ferti egg and breed one, u need a bit more time but it's worth it totally. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem for me and it is making extinction boring. I know gigas will make red drops much more doable and it is frustrating that the solution seems to be go to ragnarok.  I have found exactly 2 non corrupted gigas on this map and they have all been super low level. I ended up taming a level 15 just to have something.

got 2 giga in the same trap yesterday, one lv95 the other lv15, got the 95 down, waited for the torpor   to drop to almost zero then pumped 460 narc in it so i could get back to base to grab kibble, came back and put the kibble in giga's inventory (level 15 still alive in trap, but did not attack my down giga) then wildcard decided to do a server update,  got back to base before server close then i went to bed confident i would find my tamed giga in the morning since i force feed him narc for 1hr and taming was supposed to be 50 min, got up this morning, checked my log, and surprise, no giga, so the server update raptored the taming somehow.

so i went on the hunt for an other giga, with my managarmr., as i was patroling the edge of the map, a lag sent me outside the boundaries, so i lost everything, mana equipment etc... not a lucky day

Archived