Auto decay

fuffy

Auto decay

So recently i placed a tek bridge going from one part of my base to another. It is placed on the ground and not on anything we have built. The tek bridge autodecayed after a few days along with some random foundations we had placed to stop the spawning of trees and rocks. I replaced the tek bridge yesterday and it has already auto decayed again. How do i stop it autodecaying?

3 minutes ago, fuffy said:

Yes but it decayed in less than 24 hours. And it is tek. How does checking the decay timer help with that issue? 

Are you claiming it decayed faster than the given timer that you can verify in-game?

Fast decay is only 12 hours, I believe. That's for lone or unsnapped structurea.

18 minutes ago, fuffy said:

Yes but it decayed in less than 24 hours. And it is tek. How does checking the decay timer help with that issue? 

Because checking the decay timer would of shown you that unsnapped structures is 12 hour decay as Aylana pointed out. Unfortunately tek bridges have been broken for like 6 months and do not allow you to snap it to anything currently so cant be used unless it was snapped long ago.

11 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Because checking the decay timer would of shown you that unsnapped structures is 12 hour decay as Aylana pointed out. Unfortunately tek bridges have been broken for like 6 months and do not allow you to snap it to anything currently so cant be used unless it was snapped long ago.

So if i snap two tek bridges together then the timer must be much longer? or  can tek bridges not even snap to each other?

50 minutes ago, fuffy said:

Yes but it is a tek structure. And it was not even there for 24 hours and it decayed.  Plus, we were using it last night so why would it decay so fast?

Single structures decay in 12 hours.

Your foundations should have a fence foundation attached.

For the bridge, I believe you have to leave it extended if there is even a way. It is so broken I just stopped using it.

29 minutes ago, fuffy said:

So if i snap two tek bridges together then the timer must be much longer? or  can tek bridges not even snap to each other?

Currently on xbox atleast there is no way to snap the bridges together nor to any foundations. I read someone saying it worked by placing it from a cliff/tree platform but I tried it and it didnt extend the timer.

Archived