Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

5.0.0.19 now available.

Changes

• Fix to continue loading content if a player profile file does not contain the appropriate information to identify. @pleinx
  • Fixed co-ordinates for The Island (ASA) since the latest update.  Also fixed the map image to align to the new calculated co-ords.
  • Added settings option for Ark Viewer to enable/disable auto-load of last saved map on startup.

Work in progress

• Cryo tame saddle/costume data.
  • Possibly add support for the "Premium" mod map Svartalfheim.  It's not a map I'm likely to be playing for many months yet though so we'll see.

Information

Tree sap taps no longer appear to save an "inventory" unless that tap has been accessed and left with "some" items remaining. 

This means I can't list the inventory of these anymore as all there is available when fully emptied is "LastGaveSapTime" and another timer of when it was last "increased".  Guessing the game uses these times to calculate the sap amount when the tap inventory is accessed in-game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 6:59 PM, MirageUK said:

Added settings option for Ark Viewer to enable/disable auto-load of last saved map on startup.

Thanks for quick updates! You are reading in my mind
1. One thing I noticed, is that map list to select in right top is empty after start. then i need to select the map in the options.

2. The program uses a lot of CPU when loading the map for these few minutes, which causes a lot of lag for players if I do it locally on the server. Is there any other way to limit its impact on the cores? (or possibly some custom Bat script?)

3. I also noticed that some of tribes tribes has no last active date and these are active tribes. Could you take a look at this function again? 🙏🏻

Thanks a lot ❤️ 

obraz.png.d1ada166710f18169002ceb5a48e0f7b.png

Edited by MroczneZakamarki

@MroczneZakamarki you can use a simple batch script for your issue like this:

start /low /affinity 1 ArkViewer.exe

Put this content into a e.g. ArkViewer.bat inside your ASV installation (where the AsvViewer.exe is located). This will be run ASV on the first core of your CPU. If you want to add more cores e.g. if you have an eight or more CPU inside, you can do it by replacing the "/affinity 1" by your cpu mask which you can calculate here: https://bitsum.com/tools/cpu-affinity-calculator/

Because "/affinity 2" doesn't means take 2 cores. Keep that in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello :)

I am testing ythis nice tool for Ark server but i experience only one issue and only with my test server.
When i try to load the save of the test server i have this error in the log :

2024-02-17 22:24:38.8205|ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedSystem.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'F:\arksaserver-test\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\TheIsland_WP\TheIsland_WP.ark' because it is being used by another process.

When i shutdown this test server i can read the save. So it seems Ark server is the process who block the file. Someone know what can cause this?

It only happen with my test server. With my 2 live server i don't experience this issue and i can load the saves with no problem when the server is running.

Thank you in advance for your help and have a good night!

Edit : Ok I understood why, if I don't make a backup it won't work haha

Edited by Gouje

2 hours ago, Neazan said:

If I am playing, the file does not load and an error occurs, but if I have the game turned off, the file does load correctly, without any failure.

I might see if it allows me to copy the file when it's in use rather than trying to open it directly - if this works it could be a possible workaround/solution to the problem you are having.

I mainly use it in FTP mode for our server so it always downloads a copy rather than accessing the files that the server might have in use.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gouje said:

Hello, I would like to point out that the coordinates for Svartalfheim ASA are not correct. I modified the map.json file by putting the same value as for Svartalfheim Evolved and it seems to correspond better! Have a good night!

Which version of Svartalfheim?  I haven't purchased the premium version so have yet to do any mapping/verfication of that map.

5.0.0.20 now available for download:

Svart.jpg.3badd910e68a6ac16e4acb910c5f169b.jpg

Features

• New Svartalfheim map and co-ordinate calculations for ASA. @Gouje

Fixes

• Tribe last active now also uses timestamp of the .arktribe file when calculating the last active date/time of each tribe. @MroczneZakamarki
  • Fixed content failed to load when inventory components are referenced but no component can be found. @pleinx
  • Added explicit locking hints to try and prevent "File in use by another process." when reading ASA game data. @Gouje, @Neazan

Donations

As usual donate if you like but don't ever feel you have to - ASV is and always will be free and open source:  https://ko-fi.com/mirageuk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, sTv said:

I recently started using FTPS (FTP over TLS) on a Filezilla server.
Would there be any possibility to add this connection to ArkViewer? 
Unfortunately I can't connect via FPT or SFPT.

You tried just setting ASV to use FTP instead of SFTP?

The ftp library I use apparently supports FTP over SSL/TLS and I can't see anything obvious I need to code for it to work but if you have a test server I can use I'll see what I can find.

Will be fixed in next release. 

I needed to call .AutoConnect() and not the manual .Connect() method.  Once I changed this it successfully connected to the test server you provided.

2 hours ago, sTv said:

It looks like it's trying to connect purely via FTP, not using TLS.
I'll pm you the connection to test server.

ath.png

• Thanks 1

5.0.0.21 now available to download:

Fixes

•  Possible fix to read in files "in use by another process".
  •  More fixes for content failed to load (invalid reference for Painting Component that doesn't exist) @pleinx
  •  Support for FTP over TLS @sTv
  •  Removed dangerous "DestroyALL" command from wild command list.
  •  Added more appropraite "DestroyWildDinoClasses" to wild command list.
  •  Added "AddMutations" to tame command list. @Elgar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mirage - thank you for creating and maintaining such a great tool, it's so helpful when you need to maintain maps on a cluster and I really enjoy using it!

Since ASA came out, I have not been able to download The Island (ASA) map from our server - in the tool I get the message 'Content failed to load. Please check settings or refresh download to try again'. In the log I get the error |ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedMicrosoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 11: 'database disk image is malformed'.

However, if our server owner sends me a copy of the map, I can copy it to my ArkViewer folder and it opens successfully. All of the ASE maps download and open successfully. We have our own hardware in a data center (not Nitrado).

Here's the log file (changed our IP to all x's for posting).  Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this and please let me know if there is anything else I can send you that might help.

2024-03-02 13:48:41.6060|INFO|Reading LocalProfile data...
2024-03-02 13:48:41.6060|INFO|Reading game save data...
2024-03-02 13:48:43.1019|ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedMicrosoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 11: 'database disk image is malformed'.
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException.ThrowExceptionForRC(Int32 rc, sqlite3 db)
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataReader.NextResult()
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at AsaSavegameToolkit.AsaSavegame.readBaseData(SqliteConnection connection) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegame.cs:line 423
   at AsaSavegameToolkit.AsaSavegame.Read(String filename) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegame.cs:line 98
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadArkAscendedData(String saveFilename) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 1819
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadSaveGame(String saveFilename, String localProfileFilename, String clusterFolder, Int32 profileDayCountLimit) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 232    at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException.ThrowExceptionForRC(Int32 rc, sqlite3 db)
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataReader.NextResult()
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at AsaSavegameToolkit.AsaSavegame.readBaseData(SqliteConnection connection) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegame.cs:line 423
   at AsaSavegameToolkit.AsaSavegame.Read(String filename) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegameToolkit\AsaSavegame.cs:line 98
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadArkAscendedData(String saveFilename) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 1819
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.LoadSaveGame(String saveFilename, String localProfileFilename, String clusterFolder, Int32 profileDayCountLimit) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 232
2024-03-02 13:51:45.6624|INFO|Running in visual mode (v5.0.0.21).
2024-03-02 13:51:59.5994|INFO|Attempting to connect to ftp server: xx.xx.xx.xxx

11 hours ago, Jaskari said:

Hi Mirage - thank you for creating and maintaining such a great tool, it's so helpful when you need to maintain maps on a cluster and I really enjoy using it!

Since ASA came out, I have not been able to download The Island (ASA) map from our server - in the tool I get the message 'Content failed to load. Please check settings or refresh download to try again'. In the log I get the error |ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedMicrosoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 11: 'database disk image is malformed'.

However, if our server owner sends me a copy of the map, I can copy it to my ArkViewer folder and it opens successfully. All of the ASE maps download and open successfully. We have our own hardware in a data center (not Nitrado).

Here's the log file (changed our IP to all x's for posting).  Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this and please let me know if there is anything else I can send you that might help.

Not sure how I can help with this one. 

Appears to be errors reading the .ark save file itself using SqlLite and if your friend sending you a copy works it would suggest possible issues only readin it on the server.  If this is the case - sending me the backup won't help as you say a backup works?

Error seems to indicate corrupt SqlLite database file - possible issue with it not downloading correctly?  It's failing before it even hits any of my code to parse stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mirage.  Its been a while. Hope you are doing ok?
I am the server owner that Jaskari mentioned in her post above. We have been having this issue reading the ASA save file since the last update. We have had similar issues before but it would work now and again. I can download the save file and load it into ASA manually without any problems. The issue seems to be when trying to read TheIsland_WP file thats in use by the server. If I switch over to one of the save backups it reads and downloads ok. It looks like it thinks the file is locked somehow. I use Filezilla Server FTP on my server and can connect normally using FTP to download the TheIsland_WP file without any issues. Not sure if this is a potential issue with ASA as we use ASV on our ASE servers using the same FTP Server and they download and work ok. Please let me know if you need anything from me.
Thanks again :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SwissChocolate said:

Hi Mirage, Quick question any way to export a players inventory from a old .ark and move it to a new one? I found the inventory/palyers and exported it to a json but im lost on how to bring it back into the .ark if even possible. Ty :)

No way within my app to do any sort of "import" back in to the save game.

You could potentially use the exported data to make your own list of admin commands to run in-game I guess?

or alternatively restore the backup into another server / single player and upload the item to obelisk to be downloaded to the new server?

Posted (edited)

5.0.0.22 now available:

Changes

• Implemented new Download method in ftp library. Hopefully this resolves issues experienced by @Jaskari / @Shodan
  • ASA - Finally surfaced cryo creature saddles/costumes as inventory items of the stored creature.
  • ASE - Changed how map draw works for Fjordur realms when switching tabs to be more consistent.

Donations - As usual donate if you like but don't ever feel you have to - ASV is and always will be free and open source:  https://ko-fi.com/mirageuk

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 4