Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

4.6.2.3 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVghtDtVav_Ox-ThBhoXOlqhXvPKQj2-/view?usp=sharing

Features

• Support for .ark file sizes > 3GB. @darkradeon
  • Multi-select added to all grids for pipe delimited copy and RCON commands. @SpenceFoxtrot
  • Multi-select added to all maps except for tribes.  I'll think how to do this one in a later build as tribes are drawn out differently to the other one-to-one detail to marker tabs.

Fixes

• No longer loads duplicate copies of tribes and players for the drop-down selections.
  • Fixed some copy commands so they work with RCON.
  • Added SaveWorld to all copy/rcon dropdowns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

your amazing tool helped us on our unofficial cluster preparing, thank you so much :)

If you want a new feature request..  export the list of paint cache still referenced in the file xD It could be used to "clean" the paint cache of big server saves XD

and I bet it will help more players playing official saves in single player mode :)

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1

@MirageUK firstly, thank you very much for creating and maintaining this tool, this has been extremely helpful and has greatly simplified managing my cluster.

For some reason a single tribe in my Gen2 map prevents me from looking at it with this tool as it returns the error message "Content failed to load. Please check settings or refresh download to try again." I set up a sandbox environment and took out structures from one tribe at a time until I found a single tribe that is causing this with their structures. Would you have any pointers on how to get around this, or at the very least a method to identify what structures in the world could cause this issue? Thanks.

Edit: Here're the logs from the error: https://traff.co/C4r8H82F

Edited by SpikeArtisan

6 hours ago, SpikeArtisan said:

@MirageUK firstly, thank you very much for creating and maintaining this tool, this has been extremely helpful and has greatly simplified managing my cluster.

For some reason a single tribe in my Gen2 map prevents me from looking at it with this tool as it returns the error message "Content failed to load. Please check settings or refresh download to try again." I set up a sandbox environment and took out structures from one tribe at a time until I found a single tribe that is causing this with their structures. Would you have any pointers on how to get around this, or at the very least a method to identify what structures in the world could cause this issue? Thanks.

Edit: Here're the logs from the error: https://traff.co/C4r8H82F

Log files only hint at what went wrong.  To determine the real reason I would need a copy of your .ark save file to step through the code and debug what the issue is.

@SpikeArtisan

I didn't have chance last night and working this morning so won't be able to check it til after work today but appears to be some unreadable data for a stored meghatherium relating to ancestor data.

Will investigate after work and try come up with a solution for you.  

What mods do you use on this save?

..edit..

I checked the location of this "Megatherium" in-game and it doesn't actually exist so appears to be some bad data - unless there are mods other than S+ and Better Storage in-use and I just can't see them in-game.

Either way I will add some defensive code to continue loading the remaining file and ignore such instances after I finish work today.

Edited by MirageUK

4.6.2.4 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0jq96nexltiGOZ-n38quxa9fxAgdxko/view?usp=drive_link

Changes

• All dropdown copy/rcon commands now sorted alphabetically.
  • Defensive code added to prevent crash when loading old save format (v9) with unreadable cryopod property data. @SpikeArtisan

• Thanks 3

@MirageUKthank you very much!! I can confirm the latest version allows me to load and explore the map with this tool. Much appreciated!

PS: FYI, the mod that was causing this was "Dino Storage v2" (1609138312), and I was able to locate and observe the megatheriums in Soul Traps (cryopod equivalent) without parents that you were talking about. Interesting that this would be the issue.

• Like 1

Hi, in the latest version, I got this error after selecting several animals and switching to another tab:

Mode: Mode_Offline
Unable to cast object of type 'ASVPack.Models.ContentTamedCreature' to type 'ASVPack.Models.ContentStructure'.
Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.DrawMap(Single selectedX, Single selectedY) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ArkViewer\UI\frmViewer.cs:line 4084
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.tabFeatures_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ArkViewer\UI\frmViewer.cs:line 1065
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I also noticed that the selected structures do not highlight on the map.

On 10/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, MroczneZakamarki said:

Hi, in the latest version, I got this error after selecting several animals and switching to another tab:

Mode: Mode_Offline
Unable to cast object of type 'ASVPack.Models.ContentTamedCreature' to type 'ASVPack.Models.ContentStructure'.
Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.DrawMap(Single selectedX, Single selectedY) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ArkViewer\UI\frmViewer.cs:line 4084
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.tabFeatures_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Dev\ASV_New\ASVPack\ArkViewer\UI\frmViewer.cs:line 1065
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I also noticed that the selected structures do not highlight on the map.

Bug in my selected structures code attempting to parse from the grid of tamed.  I'll fix in the next build.

12 hours ago, SpenceFoxtrot said:

Hello
Just to report date error (I think ^^)

{E674001A-DD3A-4C45-BC9F-9FD076BC569B}.png

{786CCC60-CD30-496D-A2ED-A444D23737D6}.png

Dates are determined based on the last write file time of the .ark or .arktribe file plus a number of seconds stored in the game data.  I'll double check after work but I'm guessing that these "tribes" originally had a different timestamp on the .arktribe file but since it was migrated into the main .ark file the timestamp calculations are incorrect.

I will see if there is any other way to determine the original file time of the .arktribe data that it should use.

.... and so it begins.  Untitled.jpg.286195b9384dabfddba364f81479c4f5.jpg

30 minutes of gameplay and already investigating the file format :)

Seems to be saved in a SQL Lite database format where the game objects are stored as BLOB (binary data) with key/value pairs in a "Game" table.

image.png.ff987b12c241eee0ec196bc1203d9a52.png

Time to start work but I'll see what I can work out as soon as possible in any spare time I get.

• Like 4

4.6.2.5 now available for download: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dYHVK4OBpDpro6ccCUGbWv9HMb6KdfBp/view?usp=drive_link

Features

• Now reads from .gz compressed files to save you a step in extracting your backups.  Updated FTP and File selection options to allow gz files to be selected. 
  • Painting viewer.  Only a single picture at a time atm but I may review this later and make it into a proper Gallery type view.  The DELETE button will attempt to find any .pnt files not referenced in the save and move them into a new sub-folder for you to delete as you like @darkradeon

Fixes

• Tribe last active - filtered out any time calculations that would result in a future date.  @SpenceFoxtrot
  • Structure selection / multi-selection.  No longer attempts to parse as Tamed Creature causing a crash. @MroczneZakamarki

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

4.6.2.5 now available for download: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dYHVK4OBpDpro6ccCUGbWv9HMb6KdfBp/view?usp=drive_link

Features

• Now reads from .gz compressed files to save you a step in extracting your backups.  Updated FTP and File selection options to allow gz files to be selected. 
  • Painting viewer.  Only a single picture at a time atm but I may review this later and make it into a proper Gallery type view.  The DELETE button will attempt to find any .pnt files not referenced in the save and move them into a new sub-folder for you to delete as you like @darkradeon

Fixes

• Tribe last active - filtered out any time calculations that would result in a future date.  @SpenceFoxtrot
  • Structure selection / multi-selection.  No longer attempts to parse as Tamed Creature causing a crash. @MroczneZakamarki

we will test that once we have a bit of time, official saves, even cleaned, are still big. Thank you for your hard work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danu09 said:

is there some ways to clean up or reduce official saves on ASE without being ingame or running server ? i tried yours but with single player i cant run the command, with savegame files it need rcon thing to run the command.

Unfortunately not - I found it was actually more efficient to run it as a local dedicated server to clean things up over RCON. Then move that into your single player to go in-game and play the map.

15 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Unfortunately not - I found it was actually more efficient to run it as a local dedicated server to clean things up over RCON. Then move that into your single player to go in-game and play the map.

yeah i believe much easier with rcon rather than manually in game. but the problem is official save files are too big for my 16gb ram, its always crash lol

Hi @MirageUK, is it possible to export some data from .ark (creatures for example) using batch script without opening the program? I see a separate Export process, so if so, could you write a simple instruction on how to do this? Thanks :)

edit:

i found your instruction, but i probably can't use paths with spaces

Available command line options:

all - Exports separate json file for each available export.
    map - Map structures and inventories where available (Obelisks, Beaver dams etc)
    structures - Player placed structures.
    logs - Tribe log files.
    tribes - Tribe summary data
    players - Player data with inventories where available.
    wild - Wild creature data.
    tamed - Tame creature data and inventories where available.

Use:

ArkViewer.exe all "C:\input\save.ark" "c:\output\"
    ArkViewer.exe <option> "C:\input\save.ark" "C:\output\myfile.json"

Cluster:

ArkViewer.exe all "C:\input\save.ark" "c:\myclusterfolder\" "c:\output\"
    ArkViewer.exe <option> "C:\input\save.ark" "c:\myclusterfolder\" "C:\output\myfile.json"

Edited by MroczneZakamarki

Hello, is there a way to run the export app and support all it needs through cli without having the cmd window pop up, its driving me nuts

as i have it running every 5 minutes and im doing work on the machine, the window keeps popping up and i have to re-click to get focus on the window i need it to be on.

is there an argument at all that makes it so it doesnt open cmd (console) and just does it automatically in background?

@LustWare that's something I can certainly look into so it runs "silent".

@sTv - Unfortunately my skills alone are not enough to provide support for ASA at the moment but ARK has a big mod community and I'm hopeful that between us all we'll figure something out.  If we can manage to read in the appropriate game file data I definitely plan on providing support in ASV at some point. 

I already found myself wanting to load up ASV to see what was going on with the wild spawns on ASA :(

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 5

Hi @MirageUK ,
Recently I'm having trouble loading a few of my server maps into the program. "Content failed to load" error pops up. Could you please take a look at my file? Maybe you will find the cause of the error and can fix it or tell me what can i do on the map to fix it?
The file is a new save format, s+ dedicated storage optimization, and the following mods are installed on the server:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2872004226

I'm sharing my file with you:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w8UnxurmgtYJ4E-f7xiHK_ww5XHNPeOO?usp=sharing

🙏🏻 Thank you!