Timer Downloads Unofficial Attractive

Jemcrystal

Suggestion

Please do more to make UNofficial popular.  You want the Official Multiplayer Servers to be free of excess.  The first obvious move is to make UnOfficial attractive to Official players.

Another idea for this is to add better UI in the opening launcher screen that shows graph bars and timers on the download and unpacking of mods.  It's unnerving wanting to play your game and being stuck staring at the launcher wondering what it's doing exactly.  Yeah there is a white wording but it's not the same as seeing a timer bar.   Patience is not a gamer's thing ya know.  Half time I give up on unofficial just cause I'm sick of waiting on the mods to unpack.

4 replies to this server topic

21 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Please do more to make UNofficial popular.  You want the Official Multiplayer Servers to be free of excess.  The first obvious move is to make UnOfficial attractive to Official players.

Another idea for this is to add better UI in the opening launcher screen that shows graph bars and timers on the download and unpacking of mods.  It's unnerving wanting to play your game and being stuck staring at the launcher wondering what it's doing exactly.  Yeah there is a white wording but it's not the same as seeing a timer bar.   Patience is not a gamer's thing ya know.  Half time I give up on unofficial just cause I'm sick of waiting on the mods to unpack.

I play official and unofficial on Xbox and I have no idea what you mean by downloading and unpacking mods

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Lowly said:

I play official and unofficial on Xbox and I have no idea what you mean by downloading and unpacking mods

On PC, unofficial servers can run mods.

If you have not already subscribed to the mods used by a server, and downloaded them, then you have to wait for them to download and install before you can join the server.  For some servers, this can take a while.   I think the OP is asking for something more informative, such as maybe the UI listing all of the mods and their status being downloaded and/or installed.

Also talking about using Connect from websites like Battle Metrics.  It leads to the launcher.  I guess if you use the Search you do get a bar graph.  I did not know this. 

This topic is becoming redundant.  I cannot even get a single modded unofficial server to launch at all.  Some popup keeps telling me to check my mods if they are current which is ridiculous as it JUST installed the mods.

Seriously needs to be fixed so that it simply WORKS.

5 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

The large majority of players already play on Unofficial servers. If you look at battlemetrics there are currently 1,085 Official servers and 38,186 Unofficial servers. Even when you take into account that there are more players per Official server, that still means a lot more players on Unofficial.

Archived