Remove or Increase Tether on Xbox

Detrik

Suggestion

Let's start this off with the fact that so many console players (who play with friends/family) are unhappy with tether distance... probably more than 70% of the ark console community...personally I just bought ark for the Xbox and I can't even play it without wanting to throw my remote across the room...I have over 100 hours of ark on steam and they have a tether distance option!!! So why can't Xbox have a tether distance option!!!!! It's said because it causes performance issues...but my laptop can run it on low at around 30 fps and the tether distance doesn't affect it at all...so Xbox should have no issue... Please studio wild card...at least give us the option!!! If you want to throw out a warning that it could cause performance issues then do it...but add tether distance options back into non dedicated servers!!!!!!!!! If you agree please comment on this post bc it's about time that studio wild card sees this and acts upon it!!!

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

82 replies to this server topic

non dedicated no more host tethering

Is there a way you can remove host tethering from when you try and set up a non-dedicated session or something because i've been trying to create a small sever with a few of my friends and its no fun when they can't go like 500 meters away from me. It would be much appreciated thank you for reading.

32 minutes ago, Vikingonmars said:

ps4 tether distance

Add a tether distance bar in the general settings for ps4

Like the 30 other posts about this, console does not have the processing power to increase tether distance without chances to harm the hardware. 

It would be too much data and risk frying something. 

Aight, now I might be bein stupid cause I haven’t really messed around much, but my friend and I are just wanting to play together on two different consoles which means each machine is rendering its own stuff right? Well we can’t figure out how to expand the tether or just get rid of it to the point we can each run and do our own things and explore our own caves. I get the tether if your running split screen cause then it would be trying to render two different areas which would be too much for our ps4, but that’s not what we are doing.

If you can run without a tether on seven days ....then why can't they do it on ark? 

I also heard they won't increase it because it's to much of a money making profit for them to rent out dedicated servers to increase the non dedicated teather. So more or less its rent one or join one ....or get another console, pc f,ect get the game again n run it 24/7 to have no teather. 

St least its what I heard from the Facebook groups . 

I know the tethers there to keep the system from overloading.  But is 2 separate renders areas  really that much to handle?  Most people who want the removed tether want to play co op with 2 ppl.  I dont see my system crashing from 2 rendered areas.  If im rendering at 50+ solo i think it could handle 2 players rendering.  Especially when i play center and theres literally 500+ insects in a cave...No exaggeration in total its probably close to 1000, suddenly moving and attacking, and my game, tho slow as heck because of this idiot oversight, still isnt crashing.  I think in most cases 2 players individually rendering wouldnt 'blow up' my system.  I think it could handle it.  Maybe mark certain high demand areas as ever1 needs 2 b here and force a tether wen it does get to be to much, otherwise let us play without tether.

Archived