Misinformation

Onimusha759

On 4/15/2019 at 4:41 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Ive tried to tell dzve at dododex this but hes ignoring/acting like im stupid.  

Hi, I'm the developer of Dododex.

Because you're publicly accusing me of "acting like you're stupid," "labelling [the report] falsely" and "acting like you're retarded", I just want to publicly share what my response to you was:

Good catch, Bruce! I just fixed the Kibble. Strange -- the Mosa seems to have a different value for Exceptional Kibble than other creatures.

Regarding the Base Damage, where are you seeing 95? In-game on another dino or something? Remember that some creatures have modifiers to do more damage to other creatures, so it’s possible that it might have a modifier on certain creatures.

Your app will update within a couple hours (or you can go to “Settings” and tap “Check for New Data” to get it immediately.) If you’re using dododex.com, it may take a few hours for the cache to update.

Let me know if you spot anything else! :)

I'm not sure how you felt this response -- where I fixed an error you reported, updated the app, and responded to you, within 15 minutes, then asked you for more information on the second error -- was rude or implied you were "retarded."

I was simply asking for more information to see how exactly you tested this, so that I can test it myself.

Regarding "ignoring" you: As my support emails say, I am a one-person team (with a full time job) and I get a dozen of reports every day (some of them sometimes false or user errors). I have to handle customer support at the same time as designing, developing, and marketing all of Dododex's five different apps, so I do take a while to respond to some reports, especially when it requires my own testing. To give some more context, in the past, I've spent an hour testing single reports from users only to confirm that it was an error by the user. That's an hour I could have put into building a new feature for Dododex. Of course, I'm always going to get false reports, but to prevent myself from wasting time, I always ask users for more information, or ask them to confirm their settings/multipliers, or ask for their sources so that I have all the information I need to correct the error.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:42 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Also despite dan at dododex ignoring me and labelling it falsely, the ichthyornis does have a headshot multiplyer

This ticket was still in my review queue. I hadn't got to it yet, but it is now fixed.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:58 PM, Onimusha759 said:

More misinformation, dododex says ichthys gain 5% speed per invested point, it only gains 1.5%

Fixed. 

36 minutes ago, danleveille said:

Hi, I'm the developer of Dododex.

Because you're publicly accusing me of "acting like you're stupid," "labelling [the report] falsely" and "acting like you're retarded", I just want to publicly share what my response to you was:

I'm not sure how you felt this response -- where I fixed an error you reported, updated the app, and responded to you, within 15 minutes, then asked you for more information on the second error -- was rude or implied you were "retarded."

I was simply asking for more information to see how exactly you tested this, so that I can test it myself.

Regarding "ignoring" you: As my support emails say, I am a one-person team (with a full time job) and I get a dozen of reports every day (some of them sometimes false or user errors). I have to handle customer support at the same time as designing, developing, and marketing all of Dododex's five different apps, so I do take a while to respond to some reports, especially when it requires my own testing. To give some more context, in the past, I've spent an hour testing single reports from users only to confirm that it was an error by the user. That's an hour I could have put into building a new feature for Dododex. Of course, I'm always going to get false reports, but to prevent myself from wasting time, I always ask users for more information, or ask them to confirm their settings/multipliers, or ask for their sources so that I have all the information I need to correct the error.

This ticket was still in my review queue. I hadn't got to it yet, but it is now fixed.

Fixed. 

Then i owe you an apology dan.  Im sorry.  I feel like i should say more but i dont know what else to say besides im sorry.  Though not everything ive wrote was directly towards dododex, i was aggressive towards you and i apologize.  Also some of what i said was under the idea of you giving me a bs answer which thanks to invinc i found was false, your answer was valid and ive already took that back before youve posted.  Now im taking the rest back, i jumped the gun and i apologize.  The retard thing was a mixture of you "ignoring" me and the "bs" response idea.  I no longer felt that was the case since invinc answered me the 1st time.  So ill say again, im sorry.  If theres something more specific you want me to apologize to, ill leave that option open to you.

6 hours ago, Techsupport said:

yeah i read that after i posted lol

I abandoned lots of hours as well, but because i had disliked and not understood the level system at first. Felt lame that a level 150 ant could take down a level 1 raptor (or a level 15ish player as happened to me).

Wasnt until a few months ago that I realized the connections between kibble and levels.

Still. Fun was had.

8 hours ago, Techsupport said:

yeah i read that after i posted lol

No problem, thanks for at least trying to help.

1 hour ago, Oldster said:

I abandoned lots of hours as well, but because i had disliked and not understood the level system at first. Felt lame that a level 150 ant could take down a level 1 raptor (or a level 15ish player as happened to me).

Wasnt until a few months ago that I realized the connections between kibble and levels.

Still. Fun was had.

Indeed, i had a blast tearing everything apart with pre dmg nerf stats XD.  I killed beta overseer with 10 non mutation rexes that weren't even lvl 120 in the wild XD.  When i found out i basically cheated i was heartbroken.  Good job wc, instead of making 1.0 the standard like it should be you just adjusted the sliders and made that default so anyone who sees the settings goes, "holy crap my settings are way off".

Now the next step for progress would be to take what invinc said and apply it to the wiki so no one makes the same mistake i did.  I would do this myself but i have never messed with/edit a wiki page before and i certainly dont want to mess it up.  So if anyone is willing to help it would be a benefit to everyone.

Archived