Has anyone been hacked on any platform and the GMs have restored your base?

Jason111616

So, new years day my psn account was hacked, the hackers logged into Ark and cryod the Dinos I had left out and deleted every Dino, vault, cryo fridge, storage cupboard and bookshelf in my base which as you can imagine it was devestating, now I have started this topic as I've asked the Wc to see if they can maybe restore some if not all of my stuff back and it was a big fat no... Has any of you guys been hacked and have the GMs restored your base even partially? Cheers

The only way they could actually restore your base is by rolling back the entire server to a back up which would negatively effect all players on that server.  

I highly doubt they will do that.

Typically they don't restore items/materials either.  They may do some dinos if you have some proof of what was there.

IT takes 5 minutes to create the support request (when it actually works), but it will probably take them at least a week to respond so you may just want to restart building.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Jason111616 said:

So, new years day my psn account was hacked, the hackers logged into Ark and cryod the Dinos I had left out and deleted every Dino, vault, cryo fridge, storage cupboard and bookshelf in my base which as you can imagine it was devestating, now I have started this topic as I've asked the Wc to see if they can maybe restore some if not all of my stuff back and it was a big fat no... Has any of you guys been hacked and have the GMs restored your base even partially? Cheers

While that is unfortunate, securing your account is your responsibility and I can certainly understand why they are not offering any kind of restorations because it would be easily abused.

My bse is still stood, they just wiped every item from inside it, a player from. Another server said that WC restored a tribes base when they got hacked, I wasn't asking for everything back just a bit of a helping hand seeing as I've been good enough to buy Ark on all platforms, the only thing I hadn't bought yet was extinction.. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Jason111616 said:

Another server said that WC restored a tribes base when they got hacked

To be honest, I believe this is very unlikely. I mean, your identity is your account and game developers have no way to know if this is indeed you that is connected to it. If they were to offers replacements, people would abuse the system by claiming they got their account compromised and their stuff stolen just to get free stuff, etc.

3 minutes ago, Jason111616 said:

I've.never ever account shared I was a solo tribe so why would I need to? Stop insinuating it's my fault, I didn't ask someone to Pop onto my account and delete over 300 dinos and a year's worth of work

It could have happened unwillingly; phishing, database leaks of a different site/service (if you use same email&password everywhere, for example), etc. You should have a look at this article that offers great tips on how to secure your account and prevent that from happening.

Archived