quick question "allo ~ rex" VS end game boss ~asc (BP)

anguelwyvern

so im playing single player, and so far was planning to do everything with rex, but so far my only BP i managed to get is a crappy 58 armor journeyman ...

BUT today i got a 131 asc allo BP !

so im thinking if i should probably shift my focus on getting some good allo, and try a new breeding line ?

i mean today i managed to kill alpha megaphitecus, but suffered heavy loss ...  (40K HP ~ 600 melee rex)

considering that that new allo saddle could help a lot, are allo viable in boss battle ?, for dragon exemple ? asc ?

PS : im not counting on the bleed effect as i know its doesnt works on boss)

thanks for any opinion coming back ;)

I would take a rex with half the saddle armor over allos any day. Allos are one of my favorite dinos so im not be biased.

But without knowing all your SP settings its hard for anyone to say how they will fare againt bosses. On official or settings that mimic it, if you took heavy losses with rexs you will be slaughtered with allos. Most people also make the mistake of just looking at stats and ignore drag weight. Less drag weight means more knockback by the boss and less dps.

Hope this helped.

PS. Congrats on the saddle BP ;)

i dont really like mod (i mean if i add mods i feel like i cheated my way up to the top ...) so yeah off settings (single player setting removed so yeah pure off stats like small tribe)

but thanks for your answear, damn i do love allos aswell, feel kinda sad that they cant really work on end game stuff :(

ofc im bringing a yuti ^^

5 slot is "1 yuty (i will ride) 4 deadon on auto heal with at least 100K+ food" and everything else idk allo or rex,

i think i will try allo, i mean trying to get them 12K ish somethin (to reduce at max the fire breath % to minimum) and hoping on saddle to handle most of the heavy hit, and deadon as back up heal, i will try soon, if you guys are intereseted i can make a video on my attempt

• 2 weeks later...

Megatheriums are by far the best creature to farm the Broodmother in any difficulty.

For all other bosses and from personnal experiences, I prefer therizinos over rexes.

Pros:
- Herbivores = 50% less damage from fire based attacks (dragon).
- Herbivores means you can fill them up with cakes and go without a daeodon.
- Herbivores = minimal effort in terms of breeding.
- DPS is on par with rexes. Lower base dmg but quicker attack rate.
- Saddle BPs are far easier to acquire than for the rex, which is among the rarest BPs of the game.
- Godlike stats are not required for hard bosses, compared to rexes.

On the flip side of the coin:
- Therizinos have a fairly expensive upfront cost. Megalo kibble, very slow tame, narcotics cost.
- High level ones are far less common than rexes.
- Getting a good blood line is a long and tedious process.

Regards.

Archived