Cross play?

Holdfast4

I think it would be fun too, but Sony won't allow any kind of cross play that might involve Microsoft users.

Or is it Microsoft that won't cooperate with Sony.

They both want to protect their revenues and their eco systems.

Neither can see how blinkered they are.  I'm sure that opening up cross play between all networks - $team, M$, $ony, and Google - would generate more revenue for them all.

It's technically do-able for WildCard as all those platforms support TCP and UDP.  It's just that M$ and $ony won't allow it.

4 minutes ago, DuoMogAgain said:

I think it would be fun too, but Sony won't allow any kind of cross play that might involve Microsoft users.

Or is it Microsoft that won't cooperate with Sony.

They both want to protect their revenues and their eco systems.

Neither can see how blinkered they are.  I'm sure that opening up cross play between all networks - $team, M$, $ony, and Google - would generate more revenue for them all.

It's technically do-able for WildCard as all those platforms support TCP and UDP.  It's just that M$ and $ony won't allow it.

You response was about cross play between the 3 versions of Ark.

The post is about Ark with Ark mobile, a completely different game.

3 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

You response was about cross play between the 3 versions of Ark.

The post is about Ark with Ark mobile, a completely different game.

So let's say that PS4 players can now join the mobile network.  It would generate enough backlash from XBox players that WC would have to allow them into the mobile network too.

Then you're back to M$ and $ony not wanting to cooperate with each other - so the console version of the game wouldn't get through certification.

You said you wanted to discuss without defending your position, so I want to add to the discussion without defending my position either !

On 11/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, Holdfast4 said:

But what about fortnite? It’s unfair for the mobile players but people still play fortnite mobile.

People on mobile who play crossplay know that its a disadvantage. My friends play on xbox and whenever we play crossplay (Since im on PC) they like the challenge of facing harder players. 

Archived