"Leaked Gameplay" Extinction

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

I am pretty sure that most of us at this point have seen the leaked gameplay of the new drop system on Extinction. IT is interesting how it says it was leaked but to a certain degree it feels more like it was allowed to be leaked if you catch my drift. Perfect time to get players attention as in a few days the new DLC will come and a few days before the "charity event" will be on. This will definitely get new people interested in buying the game so it is a good strategy to get some attention. 

This marketing strategy reminds me of how people like the Kardashians pay paparazies to take their best pictures and "leak" them on the internet for the rest of the world to see for publicity. 

But to be honest its pretty obvious is "leaked" just at the right time every time.... hmmm lol

And doing this often makes this strategy lose its effectiveness every time is used.

I always thought, "why lie when you can release a good quality video showing exactly what the fans are expecting to get our attention rather than allowing someone to record a video with a bad cellphone to diminish the quality of the effort put in the videogame?". I mean, the detail on this new dinos looks pretty impressive on the photos and teasers...why "leak" a crappy video? lol

Game play looks cool, different that what we have experience so far in ark, but...and there is always a BUT with WC...  and is their lack of understanding that Quality is always better than quantity for publicity. 

If they create an excellent trailer showing the main core of the game and their NEWEST DLC and buy a few TV spots they would achieve a greater Audience than putting more youtube videos this same would sale like hot cakes on the 4th of july! 

I remember when COD came out and sold 1 billion copies around the world on the first week. The hype was created with excellent quality video trailers released on TV ads 1 on two months before released.  

TV Ads are not that expensive anymore unless you are buying 30 seconds on Superbowl which would be 2 million dollars. But for 500 dollars you can have on most local channels a whole month of TV adds for that particular channel. I mean, a leaked footage to get our attention with poop quality is far less effective than releasing a great trailer one month before release to get new players. Kids watch their cartoons tv all day. 

I am always scratching my head with WC... wondering if marketing wise do they even know what they are doing... 

Well, here it is... 

Looks cool as hell, i wished they would of released a great trailer showing this new mechanic than just inadvertently dropping this bomb on us... 

Guest chancho33015
2 hours ago, GP said:

Nothing was leaked. People were allowed to take pictures and video footage and post it online. No leaks actually happened.

I am wondering if that was true...only one person so far has posted footage of that. so...i dont know if that is completely true that it was allowed...

one thing is interesting is that it was released very... "at the right moment" lol 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

I am wondering if that was true...only one person so far has posted footage of that. so...i dont know if that is completely true that it was allowed...

one thing is interesting is that it was released very... "at the right moment" lol 

Yes it's true, if I didn't think it was I wouldn't have said it.

Guest chancho33015
46 minutes ago, GP said:

Why does it make it very redundant? The footage was just of the horde area. That hardly makes any new trailer very redundant.

Poor decisions...poor decisions...

One can't expect to see something to be epic if you already seen it.

But, only one person so far has posted "that footage" I can't believe it was ok to record and only one person has posted the footage...it just doesnt make any sense if that was true...

I mean, you are a famous youtuber...where is your footage? or i mean, no one covered that release from the main people who have some time of connection with ARk? Just doesnt make any sense... Specially that being the one part that will change the gameplay. That should of been recorded with good quality to the bare minimum to have a better impact on the release of that new gameplay... In what world does this make any sense?! o.O 

Poor decisions...Poor Decisions...

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

Poor decisions...poor decisions...

One can't expect to see something to be epic if you already seen it.

But, only one person so far has posted "that footage" I can't believe it was ok to record and only one person has posted the footage...it just doesnt make any sense if that was true...

I mean, you are a famous youtuber...where is your footage? or i mean, no one covered that release from the main people who have some time of connection with ARk? Just doesnt make any sense... Specially that being the one part that will change the gameplay. That should of been recorded with good quality to the bare minimum to have a better impact on the release of that new gameplay... In what world does this make any sense?! o.O 

Poor decisions...Poor Decisions...

Lmao take your tinfoil hat off.

You think people weren't allowed to record footage and post it? I linked you to Jen's tweet where she says it is absolutely fine to do that, but you don't believe it to be true?

Also you are assuming that everyone that was playing Extinction would have had someone there with them recording footage with their phone? But just because one person recorded footage of someone else playing Extinction and gave that footage to the biggest ARK clickbaiter on Youtube that means it is leaked?

Also there are other Youtubers that have posted "that footage".

Archived