Velonasaur?

TheSlayerNL

Velonasaur's are probably just the official name of our Spiky boi's we've seen time and time again, already. File:Extinction8.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, TEM187 said:

Velonasaur's are probably just the official name of our Spiky boi's we've seen time and time again, already. File:Extinction8.jpg

Yup most likely. People kept claiming that was a corrupted dilo which was clearly wrong. I'm pretty sure that is the creature in one of the posters that was shown at TwitchCon.

1 hour ago, TEM187 said:

That is a Cave Beast according to the Gamepedia Page.

1 minute ago, TheSlayerNL said:

It's said that for awhile and there's been no proof or mention of it's name. It's likely a place holder, similar to the frost titan & forest titan. The wiki can be edited by anyone so it'll get changed to it's official name once we know it. Fun fact: Ravagers were known as cave wolves prior to aberration launch.

• Volunteer Moderator

Cave Beast is just a placeholder name. Currently we do not know of any other creatures that we have not yet seen footage of, therefore, it makes sense to believe this creature is the Velonasaur, until something more concrete changes that.

3 minutes ago, Vynlann said:

It's said that for awhile and there's been no proof or mention of it's name. It's likely a place holder, similar to the frost titan & forest titan. The wiki can be edited by anyone so it'll get changed to it's official name once we know it. Fun fact: Ravagers were known as cave wolves prior to aberration launch.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

Cave Beast is just a placeholder name. Currently we do not know of any other creatures that we have not yet seen footage of, therefore, it makes sense to believe this creature is the Velonasaur, until something more concrete changes that.

Ye true, but that also means they can edit the names. They changed the Wyrm's name too so they could have changed the Cave Beast as well to it as that page has the images of that creature above. The Velonasaur has no info at all, no picture or anything.

Just now, TheSlayerNL said:

Ye true, but that also means they can edit the names. They changed the Wyrm's name too so they could have changed the Cave Beast as well to it as that page has the images of that creature above. The Velonasaur has no info at all, no picture or anything.

Like you said, Velonasaur has no info at all because we don't know what it is. The wyrm has no info on it, neither does this creature we see. We just know what they look like. That's the bottom line for now. Once an official name has been revealed it'll be changed. I'd go so far as to say the titans have names that haven't been revealed yet that aren't just "frost titan" or "forest titan."

1 minute ago, Vynlann said:

Like you said, Velonasaur has no info at all because we don't know what it is. The wyrm has no info on it, neither does this creature we see. We just know what they look like. That's the bottom line for now. Once an official name has been revealed it'll be changed. I'd go so far as to say the titans have names that haven't been revealed yet that aren't just "frost titan" or "forest titan."

I do wonder this then, where the heck does that name come from, not heard or seen that name pop up anywhere else. It is also quite interesting these edits came after the event where that *leaked* gameplay vid came from.

I do wonder this then, where the heck does that name come from, not heard or seen that name pop up anywhere else. It is also quite interesting these edits came after the event where that *leaked* gameplay vid came from.

Tbh a lot of the names were kinda random. It's not uncommon for this to happen, the same thing happened prior to aberration launch.

Which edits are you referring to? 

1 minute ago, Vynlann said:

Tbh a lot of the names were kinda random. It's not uncommon for this to happen, the same thing happened prior to aberration launch.

Which edits are you referring to? 

I'll quote it from my first post:

7 hours ago, TheSlayerNL said:

They also changed the name of the Wyrm to Managarmr which is a bit odd to pronounce if you ask me. 

Ah okay. So...

It's not confirmed if the wyrm is the Managarmr. I think it was logical deduction that came to that, but it's not 100% confirmed. For one I was pretty sure, but I can't find the source now, that the wyrm had mana in it's name, can't find it now though. Also when you google Managarmr you find it's a "Moon dog" from norse mythology. It looks similar or identical to the wyrm extinction will have that we've been teased with. 

But again it's not 100% confirmed, just logical deduction. 

This is why people believe Velonasaur is the "cave beast" we see, because we haven't seen any other new creatures yet that we don't know the names of aside from titans...if they're going to change at all. It's 100% possible the Velonasaur is not the "cave beast" or it's completely possible it is. We just don't know yet. 

There is supposed to be a new teaser tomorrow on the xbox mixer and if they follow the last couple of weeks behavior, we should see a picture of a teaser today of what we will see tomorrow. So...we might only have to wait a day to find out.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, TheSlayerNL said:

By *leaked* you mean openly posted online like they were allowed to.

Maybe the wiki have created a seperate page for the new creature because there is noting confirmed what it is and therefore they don't want to make the assumption it is the cave beast.

Just now, GP said:

By *leaked* you mean openly posted online like they were allowed to.

Maybe the wiki have created a seperate page for the new creature because there is noting confirmed what it is and therefore they don't want to make the assumption it is the cave beast.

Ye I meant that indeed, hence why I placed it in * *, but ye I still find it interesting it came right after that vid surfaced on YT.

16 minutes ago, TheSlayerNL said:

Did a bit of digging in the wiki about the names and looked into the change log and references

Screenshot_20181029-194212.thumb.jpg.84d8b20f34b01a5bbbbf950a6255bfba.jpg

Which led me to this twitter post. All this stuff must have beeb from the twitch con event.

https://mobile.twitter.com/onyxiaqt/status/1056262726207528960

rps20181029_194458.thumb.jpg.b46f04ef4f639721ae636208a1ddd309.jpg

9 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Did a bit of digging in the wiki about the names and looked into the change log and references

Screenshot_20181029-194212.thumb.jpg.84d8b20f34b01a5bbbbf950a6255bfba.jpg

Which led me to this twitter post. All this stuff must have beeb from the twitch con event.

https://mobile.twitter.com/onyxiaqt/status/1056262726207528960

rps20181029_194458.thumb.jpg.b46f04ef4f639721ae636208a1ddd309.jpg

Well, that is some interesting stuff, is that also a Typo I see there *MEK Missile Launchers* haha.

6 minutes ago, TheSlayerNL said:

Taxidermy is gonna be interesting, does this mean we can actually put up whole dinosaurs as statues? :o

Hopefully. I am going to have to start building bigger bases especially when I start targeting titanosaurs, if thats the case. 

More than likely I think its just going to be useful for maybe the trophy mount, like say, mounting a raptor head on a wall.

18 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Hopefully. I am going to have to start building bigger bases especially when I start targeting titanosaurs, if thats the case. 

More than likely I think its just going to be useful for maybe the trophy mount, like say, mounting a raptor head on a wall.

Well, that at least is something, I kinda like that, probably might make a Hunter's Cabin just for that :D

Archived