Brand New Extinction Teasers!

Jen

if you look to the right of the broken obelisk by the wyvern/wyrm, you see what appears to me as a broken piece of an obelisk. if you look above the glowing obelisk you can see that the metal above the obelisk appears to be fused/inside the rock. i don't think it was someone, but something that did it. it could have been a massive Earthquake somewhere in the timeline of ARK.

12 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

if you look to the right of the broken obelisk by the wyvern/wyrm, you see what appears to me as a broken piece of an obelisk. if you look above the glowing obelisk you can see that the metal above the obelisk appears to be fused/inside the rock. i don't think it was someone, but something that did it. it could have been a massive Earthquake somewhere in the timeline of ARK.

I see the glowing bit you're talking about. At first, I just wanted to call it a reflection of the light, but looking over it, that would most likely be light coming from the sun if it was a reflection, but then the reflection should appear in multiple places (because the sun covers lots of area) but that part specifically is much different than everywhere else.
I'm not really sure just what it is/was though.

Also, both of the Titans (assuming the ent is a Titan) we've seen so far have been next to an active obelisk. It may be a bit too early to make this conclusion, but it's possible that Titans may like/need the obelisks active.
Therefore... anything which didn't like the Titans would attempt to bring down the obelisks.

2 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

I have a theory that "She who waits" is Helena Walker. She says that time used to pass for her the way it did for us. so that means she was at least a human at some time.

Not necessarily a human, just something that had a physical body. She could even have been a robot at some point.
But it being Helena wouldn't particularly surprise me.

• Volunteer Moderator
49 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I also see no way for the active obelisk to have simply fallen into the position it's in Except for the ground above it literally moving and pushing it like that, since the top is buried in the ceiling...

That's where I think the Obelisk was above the surface and has fallen down through the ground, maybe the result of an earthquake, although not sure that would affect a floating obelisk. But if the platform underneath the obelisk that would be on the ground in some way supports the floating obelisk then if there was an earthquake that cause the platform to fall through the ground then the obelisk may have come crashing down with it. This may be how the earth then covered the top of it.

As opposed to it being under the ground and toppling over. Also note that no obelisk on Aberration is beneath the surface, they are all on the surface.

9 minutes ago, GP said:

That's where I think the Obelisk was above the surface and has fallen down through the ground, maybe the result of an earthquake, although not sure that would affect a floating obelisk. But if the platform underneath the obelisk that would be on the ground in some way supports the floating obelisk then if there was an earthquake that cause the platform to fall through the ground then the obelisk may have come crashing down with it. This may be how the earth then covered the top of it.

As opposed to it being under the ground and toppling over. Also note that no obelisk on Aberration is beneath the surface, they are all on the surface.

For it to have been an earthquake, there would've had to have been a hole specifically directly under the obelisk that was just big enough for the obelisk to fit through, if it was a bit too big it would've fallen and continued to fall until it was sideways instead of getting stuck in the ceiling at an angle.
Earthquakes don't cause movement of the ground on this scale either. Obelisks are huge, without some kind of super-quake, an earthquake wouldn't be able to do this type of thing.
At the very least, an earthquake of with this much movement, to my knowledge, is not natural, and had interference, still implying that someone/something wanted it to happen.
Further, if the obelisk could have fallen from on top of the ground to the bottom of the cave below it and survive with no damage showing, then the crushed one should have been strong enough to survive a rock falling on top of it. Perhaps it would still be crushed by the earthquake, but it shouldn't have broken just by a rock falling on top of it if the other one could survive with the entire obelisk falling, where, undoubtedly, the top hit far more things as it went down. Keep in mind that neither the top or bottom were ever supposed to hit anything, so we can't expect one side to be stronger than another. When you look at both of the obelisks together, at least, an earthquake is not the most likely cause at all. For one of them to survive unscratched and the other completely destroyed...

On Aberration, yes.
The obelisks on arks also had colors.
Now that we're on Earth, we can expect the obelisks to be in completely different places.
Although, as it stands, there's no way for the obelisk to have fit there with the ground above it like that. The ground has to have moved, and I don't think an earthquake would get the obelisk through if it was above to begin with.

12 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

the firepower and devastation needed to destroy an obelisk is astronomical. possibly there was a war between the homo deus and that is why the homo deus is endangered

A war between the people who created the obelisks could possibly be the cause of this.
It's typically easier to destroy than to create, so if they can make it, they can probably destroy it. Also, the tek group did blow up the whole Overseer's chamber on Aberration, which was probably at least as strong as the obelisks.
Come to think of it, Diana talks about the United Republic of Earth and the Terran Federation as though they were at war. She talks about how there are things going on on Earth between the two and uses "truce" to describe their alliance while on Aberration.

In fact, a war could be the cause of everything gone wrong on earth. If one side went and destroyed the containment of the other's element, and caused it to revert to the purple state without realizing what they were doing, that could be the cause of corruption starting in the first place.

• Volunteer Moderator
50 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

For it to have been an earthquake, there would've had to have been a hole specifically directly under the obelisk that was just big enough for the obelisk to fit through, if it was a bit too big it would've fallen and continued to fall until it was sideways instead of getting stuck in the ceiling at an angle.
Earthquakes don't cause movement of the ground on this scale either. Obelisks are huge, without some kind of super-quake, an earthquake wouldn't be able to do this type of thing.
At the very least, an earthquake of with this much movement, to my knowledge, is not natural, and had interference, still implying that someone/something wanted it to happen.
Further, if the obelisk could have fallen from on top of the ground to the bottom of the cave below it and survive with no damage showing, then the crushed one should have been strong enough to survive a rock falling on top of it. Perhaps it would still be crushed by the earthquake, but it shouldn't have broken just by a rock falling on top of it if the other one could survive with the entire obelisk falling, where, undoubtedly, the top hit far more things as it went down. Keep in mind that neither the top or bottom were ever supposed to hit anything, so we can't expect one side to be stronger than another. When you look at both of the obelisks together, at least, an earthquake is not the most likely cause at all. For one of them to survive unscratched and the other completely destroyed...

On Aberration, yes.
The obelisks on arks also had colors.
Now that we're on Earth, we can expect the obelisks to be in completely different places.
Although, as it stands, there's no way for the obelisk to have fit there with the ground above it like that. The ground has to have moved, and I don't think an earthquake would get the obelisk through if it was above to begin with.

You are comparing real world earthquakes with unnatural creations in a game. If the ground between the surface and the underground was thin enough an earthquake could cause it to fall through and a potential avalanche could have covered it. Don't be too quick to judge things based on real life when this game is far from matching real life.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

You are comparing real world earthquakes with unnatural creations in a game. If the ground between the surface and the underground was thin enough an earthquake could cause it to fall through and a potential avalanche could have covered it. Don't be too quick to judge things based on real life when this game is far from matching real life.

But if anything were to cover the hole back up, it should still be hitting the top of the obelisk and destroy it like it did to the other one.
The active one falling through because of an earthquake doesn't check out because the destroyed one broke from just rocks falling on it. The active one should have broke from both hitting things on its way down and from whatever fell on it after, but it didn't.
Just being an earthquake doesn't add up I don't think.

This thread is interesting guys keep it up

y'all should look at THICKFREEDOM

on YouTube has has some cool theories about some stuff

don't you think y'all are over thinking this a tad bit?

However those do not look like wyverns look at the end of their tails...

also i was thinking of wyrms more as reptiles like basilisks not a flying creature

That Element infused Reptile looks like an Ovirapter!

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Diernotpmoc said:

Absolutely not.
If I'm going to do some thinking, I might as well do it right.

9 minutes ago, Diernotpmoc said:

That tail does look like a wyvern's to me.

2 hours ago, destructicon54 said:

the firepower and devastation needed to destroy an obelisk is astronomical. possibly there was a war between the homo deus and that is why the homo deus is endangered

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

A war between the people who created the obelisks could possibly be the cause of this.
It's typically easier to destroy than to create, so if they can make it, they can probably destroy it. Also, the tek group did blow up the whole Overseer's chamber on Aberration, which was probably at least as strong as the obelisks.
Come to think of it, Diana talks about the United Republic of Earth and the Terran Federation as though they were at war. She talks about how there are things going on on Earth between the two and uses "truce" to describe their alliance while on Aberration.

In fact, a war could be the cause of everything gone wrong on earth. If one side went and destroyed the containment of the other's element, and caused it to revert to the purple state without realizing what they were doing, that could be the cause of corruption starting in the first place.

I don't see any other way that the moon has shattered the way it has without a war, an asteroid would have blown it apart but the moons pieces are still relatively near each other

Edited by destructicon54

1 hour ago, Diernotpmoc said:

also i was thinking of wyrms more as reptiles like basilisks not a flying creature

That Element infused Reptile looks like an Ovirapter!

a wyrm is basicly exactly like a wyvern except it is in norse mythology 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Diernotpmoc said:

Nah I don't watch desperate content creators that live off clickbait.

2 hours ago, Diernotpmoc said:

What about the end of their tails? If you have a wyvern in that position at that far away it would look just like that. There's nothing special about the end of a wyverns tail that would be noticable from that distance.

Edited by GP
  • Haha 1

The official ark wiki IS monitored by wildcard, but also by players. The tek notes were added to the wiki at the SAME time as the teasers. i believe that those are wyrms, and Diernotpmoc, in Norse mythology wyrms do not have legs, but wildcards dinos arn't always realistic. the ARK dilophasaur is diminutive compared to the real dilophasaur

7 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

The official ark wiki IS monitored by wildcard, but also by players. The tek notes were added to the wiki at the SAME time as the teasers. i believe that those are wyrms, and Diernotpmoc, in Norse mythology wyrms do not have legs, but wildcards dinos arn't always realistic. the ARK dilophasaur is diminutive compared to the real dilophasaur

Even if it were monitored by WC, they didn't put that name there.
What makes you think WC works in the wiki anyway? Did they say something that I've missed?
The notes are not added at the same time btw, for EC II, III, and IV, I've raced against the wiki to find them. On 4 they came out about 45 minutes to an hour after the update. I was just 1 minute too late at finding the island note before it was on the wiki.

10 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Even if it were monitored by WC, they didn't put that name there.
What makes you think WC works in the wiki anyway? Did they say something that I've missed?
The notes are not added at the same time btw, for EC II, III, and IV, I've raced against the wiki to find them. On 4 they came out about 45 minutes to an hour after the update. I was just 1 minute too late at finding the island note before it was on the wiki.

well i'll take your word for it