So I have a plan and a need a little help

Vortex597

So I have a plan which I will go into if anyone is interested in it and I need some help carrying it out because of a few obsticals (asians who have litterally been playing public pvx with primal pass for 2 straight days now and are level 90) on the Asian pvx server I’m trying to assemble a HUGE alliance of players to overthrow and overcome the asians and if anyone is interested I would gladly appreciate your help also I have plans to make a massive base  which combines alllll the alliances base in one. Sounds pretty hard to pull off and that’s why I need help and a lot of man power

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I really don’t think you should waste your time, effort and/or money trying to outdo or even beat Chinese players (I am assuming that you meant Chinese due to experience in other mmorp games).  This is not a generalisation of Chinese players as a whole, merely my experience of certain groups within that community;

I found that if they are not cheating or using exploits, they seem to be able to spend vast sums of cash to always be one or five steps ahead.  After several attempts to start again by moving ‘server’ but finding the exact same thing happening.   I (and by I, I mean the alliance as a whole - up to 70 players)  changed games - same problem.  Chinese enter server, within hours they have miraculously levelled up to almost maximum strength and have begun a rampage to dominate over everyone else.  In fairness these were war type building games and the aim was to rule, however,  if it was cheating then the devs either showed no interest or were unable to stop them.  After all,  if the Chinese are cheating then people will spend money to try to beat them.  Devs win.  If it was vast amounts of money ploughed into an account - or several then Devs win.  They still get their cash either way.  Anyways.... Just as everyone was getting bored or fed up with unfair and underhand practices a new, mechanically similar in almost every detail except for the graphics, game comes to the market and everyone jumps ship - again.    We are there for weeks sometimes months building etc when all of a sudden the Chinese players (who weren’t there before) appear and......read above paragraph again and again and again.......

Thats why I love this game.  It has a solo version.  No other people to grief you or kill your hard earned tames.  Except nature and other creatures.  Go solo man.  Save yourself the heartache... or rent a dedicated server for just you and your pals.  

Well I’m not quite ready to give up and leave yet and that’s why I need help these Asian tribes only have a few players but there are lots of them and they cheat and pay a lot so I need a poop load of players to help and build up huge bases which will work against these pay to win glitch exploiting cheaters

14 hours ago, HavelockVetinari said:

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I really don’t think you should waste your time, effort and/or money trying to outdo or even beat Chinese players (I am assuming that you meant Chinese due to experience in other mmorp games).  This is not a generalisation of Chinese players as a whole, merely my experience of certain groups within that community;

I found that if they are not cheating or using exploits, they seem to be able to spend vast sums of cash to always be one or five steps ahead.  After several attempts to start again by moving ‘server’ but finding the exact same thing happening.   I (and by I, I mean the alliance as a whole - up to 70 players)  changed games - same problem.  Chinese enter server, within hours they have miraculously levelled up to almost maximum strength and have begun a rampage to dominate over everyone else.  In fairness these were war type building games and the aim was to rule, however,  if it was cheating then the devs either showed no interest or were unable to stop them.  After all,  if the Chinese are cheating then people will spend money to try to beat them.  Devs win.  If it was vast amounts of money ploughed into an account - or several then Devs win.  They still get their cash either way.  Anyways.... Just as everyone was getting bored or fed up with unfair and underhand practices a new, mechanically similar in almost every detail except for the graphics, game comes to the market and everyone jumps ship - again.    We are there for weeks sometimes months building etc when all of a sudden the Chinese players (who weren’t there before) appear and......read above paragraph again and again and again.......

Thats why I love this game.  It has a solo version.  No other people to grief you or kill your hard earned tames.  Except nature and other creatures.  Go solo man.  Save yourself the heartache... or rent a dedicated server for just you and your pals.  

You are right on so many points.

ive left other games due to experiences like that, people with more money, time and resources that prefer to destroy gameplay for others rather than enjoying a game in the way it was intended to be played. Iam madly in love with playing ark solo as I can avoid that crap, but can see the appeal in playing with others. 

Once private server rental becomes possible I think I’ll take that route as I’ve got zero interest in putting my energy into something that can be destroyed by wankers. 

10 hours ago, Vortex597 said:

Well I’m not quite ready to give up and leave yet and that’s why I need help these Asian tribes only have a few players but there are lots of them and they cheat and pay a lot so I need a poop load of players to help and build up huge bases which will work against these pay to win glitch exploiting cheaters

That’s fair enough Vortex.  It is entirely up to you how you spend your time in game but it won’t matter how many players you have as you will probably soon find out because, as you stated yourself, they cheat and/or utilise exploits.  You may find yourselves winning some battles but overall you’ll most likely be stuck in a perpetual, monotonous loop of taming, gathering and rebuilding.  Progressing at a snails pace, losing players, trying to find new players whilst all the time ploughing vast amounts of time and energy (sometimes even cash!) into a futile attempt to overthrow the, possibly wealthier, cheats.  

If you manage to pull it off, then kudos to you man.  Good luck, I think you’ll need it. 

7 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

You are right on so many points.

ive left other games due to experiences like that, people with more money, time and resources that prefer to destroy gameplay for others rather than enjoying a game in the way it was intended to be played. Iam madly in love with playing ark solo as I can avoid that crap, but can see the appeal in playing with others. 

Once private server rental becomes possible I think I’ll take that route as I’ve got zero interest in putting my energy into something that can be destroyed by wankers. 

Violet you are so on it about the private servers. I think that if those work well and aren't insanely expensive there will be a huge influx of people into them.

I'm on a PVE server and have had 2 titans kited into my tribe's base in just a few days (know who did the first one and pretty certain the same guy on the second one). Another guy (probably friends with the first) I caught on top of the greenhouse outside our base, his ptera by his side, intently looking into our base, and at the exact same time several Titanomyrmas ( I think that's right.) were attacking one of our tames. He kited them there no doubt and flew off without a word when he saw me watching him.

Another friend of ours had somebody dropping dinos among their tames and had a Giga kited to their front door.

This is ridiculous. I for one am seriously looking forward to private servers.

- Rakkasan

On 9/19/2018 at 7:31 PM, HavelockVetinari said:

That’s fair enough Vortex.  It is entirely up to you how you spend your time in game but it won’t matter how many players you have as you will probably soon find out because, as you stated yourself, they cheat and/or utilise exploits.  You may find yourselves winning some battles but overall you’ll most likely be stuck in a perpetual, monotonous loop of taming, gathering and rebuilding.  Progressing at a snails pace, losing players, trying to find new players whilst all the time ploughing vast amounts of time and energy (sometimes even cash!) into a futile attempt to overthrow the, possibly wealthier, cheats.  

If you manage to pull it off, then kudos to you man.  Good luck, I think you’ll need it. 

Your almost right there they blocked off my main base near the north west cave as well as the cave itself (which is bannable but they seem to get away with these things) unfortunately for them they can’t do their god dam job right and I’m still kicking and fighting from my other base unfortunatly they lured my pteradon some where and I can get it back with the request feature

• 2 weeks later...

@Vortex597 glad you’re still battling away. It’s a bit weird that you can’t request your tame.  Do you know if the tame request function is same between multi and single player?  I wasn’t sure if it was an inclusive mobile feature or just solo play.  I can’t remember if I dreamed that it possible to capture and tame an already tamed mount.  I only play solo, so can’t test my theory..

6 hours ago, HavelockVetinari said:

@Vortex597 glad you’re still battling away. It’s a bit weird that you can’t request your tame.  Do you know if the tame request function is same between multi and single player?  I wasn’t sure if it was an inclusive mobile feature or just solo play.  I can’t remember if I dreamed that it possible to capture and tame an already tamed mount.  I only play solo, so can’t test my theory..

by own experience when requesting the dino in multiplayer sends it close to a bed and in a single player sends it to the place where your character was when requesting it

Archived