A warning for 6 man servers

SlipperySquid

I am going to jump straight in to what is happening on the 6 man servers by teaming tribes getting players bases wiped. While i feel not many tribes are doing this but i know a few are and it is working.

Tribe A - Defending Tribe

Tribe B - Attacking Tribe

Tribe C - The Attacking Tribes ally.

People are going to such lengths to wipe people if their teaming tactics do not work they resort to filthy methods that take advantage of the rules on the server. Tribe B gets Tribe C to attack them and then complain about teaming. They do this a few times with the intent to lose but get the base wiped. Since Tribe C is blowing up Tribe B's Structures and Tribe A has also blown up Tribe B's structures both Tribe A and C will get dev wiped for teaming. 

Why am i bringing this up and did it happen to me? No it did not happen to me but due to the spirit of the server i do wish to let people know about such filthy tactics that are being used if people lose a fight. This is especially easy for Large groups that own servers as players/tames on the home server do not get wiped.

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

This could easily be avoided by not breaking the rule of teaming (if I am reading this correctly that is) If people don't break that rule they can't be tricked into exposing that they are breaking the rule.

Unfortunately, anything related to teaming, even if not intended, are technically breaking the rule, no matter how you look at it. Its just lazy moderators/game masters in game are not moderating the server hard enough to lay a wipe or warning.

4 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Unfortunately, anything related to teaming, even if not intended, are technically breaking the rule, no matter how you look at it. Its just lazy moderators/game masters in game are not moderating the server hard enough to lay a wipe or warning.

Herein lies the problem Wild Card introduced themselves by posting these 'Rules' that are incredibly difficult to enforce.

You can't just literally say; "Hey guys, you can't team. We said so." without any hard code in to the server to prevent any sort of teaming... and even then, that's impossible.

Wild Card is trying to control something you quite literally cannot control. All they can do is admin command wipe bases/tribes, which is going to result as the OP says; in collateral damage and false-accusation wiping. At the end of the day, you can't stop people from teaming. Wild Card can't stop people from helping others in any way. It's always going to happen, and they can't always be on every single server watching.

Honestly literally doing anything except what they are doing now (which isnt much, would work) making players police each other isnt working. teaming is rampant and players are even putting up turrets on spawns... why are they breaking the rules. bc they know that whenever wildcard gets around to enforcing said rules, they will have already been built up on multiple servers 

4 hours ago, Orion said:

Herein lies the problem Wild Card introduced themselves by posting these 'Rules' that are incredibly difficult to enforce.

You can't just literally say; "Hey guys, you can't team. We said so." without any hard code in to the server to prevent any sort of teaming... and even then, that's impossible.

Wild Card is trying to control something you quite literally cannot control. All they can do is admin command wipe bases/tribes, which is going to result as the OP says; in collateral damage and false-accusation wiping. At the end of the day, you can't stop people from teaming. Wild Card can't stop people from helping others in any way. It's always going to happen, and they can't always be on every single server watching.

Not to mention, most of these "rules" acts as just deterrents, a deterrent for the wrong kind of people sadly.

7 hours ago, Akira280 said:

Honestly literally doing anything except what they are doing now (which isnt much, would work) making players police each other isnt working. teaming is rampant and players are even putting up turrets on spawns... why are they breaking the rules. bc they know that whenever wildcard gets around to enforcing said rules, they will have already been built up on multiple servers 

These servers need admins. Wildcard if you want me an admin I’m down. If people team on my server they will be banned.

16 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

This could easily be avoided by not breaking the rule of teaming (if I am reading this correctly that is) If people don't break that rule they can't be tricked into exposing that they are breaking the rule.

I may not of explained it correctly is all.

Basically what i was saying is people are actively teaming up to make it looked like the one they are trying to get dev wiped is teaming. Tribe B+C are teaming but they are making it look like tribe A+C are teaming by using C to attack the same FoB that A is attacking. People want to see the 6 man servers fail that badly that they are trying to get people wrongfully dev wiped. I know people who are doing this and i am pretty sure naming and shaming gets threads closed hence why i did not put names in the thread.

There is nothing Tribe A can do even if they attack Tribe C and kill Tribe C members they will still get dev wiped due to the overwhelming evidence sent in. Even tho Tribe A is not teaming they are still the group that gets Dev wiped in the end.

As long as we can agree that six man tribe servers are a leap in the right direction. I honestly love that wild card introduced them. I actually came back to the game bc of it. But there are people still using .in files, teaming, trading mats dinos and eggs, charging players real world money for wipes evt ect. They even talk about it in world chat bc they know nothing will be done about it. I've reported it, as well as multiple tribes on our server. Still no response. 

For these to work... There needs to be admins on the small tribe servers with a heavy hand to make people realize it won't be tolerated.... I get it alot of people whine and complain. But there doesn't even need to be any interaction just ban and continue to monitor

I love how seriously everyone is taking these "rules" on the new 6 man servers. You die of starvation and cry aimbot, big tribes on the servers aren't wiping each other they must be teaming, 1 tribe wipes an entire server they are a cancerous teaming mega. All you have to do these days is spin some bullpoop to arkenforcement and you can get their tribe wiped for breaking a rule, devs aren't to hard to social engineer. You could also be in the tester discord, if you can't raid an enemy base you just cry in there till they come wipe the base for you.

14 hours ago, TripleBox said:

I love how seriously everyone is taking these "rules" on the new 6 man servers. You die of starvation and cry aimbot, big tribes on the servers aren't wiping each other they must be teaming, 1 tribe wipes an entire server they are a cancerous teaming mega. All you have to do these days is spin some bullpoop to arkenforcement and you can get their tribe wiped for breaking a rule, devs aren't to hard to social engineer. You could also be in the tester discord, if you can't raid an enemy base you just cry in there till they come wipe the base for you.

See all of this right here is BS. I've been playing since pre release. Mega tribes are grasping at a way to be relevant again. The official pvp servers are mostly dead. There isn't anyone to raid and if you decide for whatever reason to build up... You will be wiped overnight. Bc there simply isn't much or any pvp left on the server for anyone to play.

Literally if we had admins, we wouldn't be having this discussion bc it's not really something up for debate. Teaming is a big deal. And it's still happening. Just yesterday on the small tribe servers I was on, it was slot capped with multiple tribes organizing over discord since most of the new players have been VERY vocal about their teaming over world chat. Being dismissive about the issue isn't going to change facts. People like you are literally slowly killing this game, forcing the devs to come up with different servers and more incentives to play the game. Honestly they should just have a whitelist and enstate a build/tame limit per server and transfer. More competition is always healthy. Right now the game is full of player for whatever reason have 12-15hrs a day to play well the same players.

5 hours ago, Akira280 said:

See all of this right here is BS. I've been playing since pre release. Mega tribes are grasping at a way to be relevant again. The official pvp servers are mostly dead. There isn't anyone to raid and if you decide for whatever reason to build up... You will be wiped overnight. Bc there simply isn't much or any pvp left on the server for anyone to play.

Literally if we had admins, we wouldn't be having this discussion bc it's not really something up for debate. Teaming is a big deal. And it's still happening. Just yesterday on the small tribe servers I was on, it was slot capped with multiple tribes organizing over discord since most of the new players have been VERY vocal about their teaming over world chat. Being dismissive about the issue isn't going to change facts. People like you are literally slowly killing this game, forcing the devs to come up with different servers and more incentives to play the game. Honestly they should just have a whitelist and enstate a build/tame limit per server and transfer. More competition is always healthy. Right now the game is full of player for whatever reason have 12-15hrs a day to play well the same players.

Actually the point of the thread is that teaming can not be controlled. Even if we had active admins watching what people are doing this method of *Raiding* that i am talking about gets the dev's to do the hard work for a tribe. All the Dev's will see in game is 2 tribes attacking a single base at the same time. People do not raid for loot they raid to wipe people off the map/game just to show dominance.

Archived