Mutation Probability

Onimusha759

19 hours ago, Oli4 said:

This explains it very well, credits to @invincibleqc

This is just people talking about a boss raid and a future 1 unless its buried deep in the thread at which point it be more appropriate to have a direct topic like this 1 for people who would go looking.

I did find it, page 2.  For anyone who goes looking.

15 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

This is just people talking about a boss raid and a future 1 unless its buried deep in the thread at which point it be more appropriate to have a direct topic like this 1 for people who would go looking.

Click on the invincibleqc replied to a topic text

Direct text(credits to @invincibleqc):

On 14-11-2017 at 8:15 AM, invincibleqc said:

Started from 414% melee and 9,744.1 hp wild stats. Got the first mutation on May 6th and the last one on September 4th for a total of 12 hp mutations and 15 melee in 4 months. The goal used to reach 20 markers for both stats but I gave up after the legacy-wipe-no-wipe and they took dust for a bit over a month and then I tried combining them to finally give eggs away for everyone; cause why not. It was quite a lot of work as I was rolling with hundreds of females and was dropping eggs every 2 days. The long part was not really to "get" the mutation, but to actually raise the new one during 5 days in order to continue the progression so I was alternating. When I had a new hp growing, I was rolling for a new melee and vice versa.

For those interested in mass mutating, this is very simple. Every egg you have 7.5% chance to get a new mutation (3 rolls of 2.5% each). Then, since you have 7 stats (or 6 for flyers) that can mutate, you have 0.53% chance to get a mutation into a specific stat. Then assuming you are not inbreeding nor duplicating markers and are always mating a mutated male with clean females you have 55% chance of it being the strongest stat of both parent so 0.29% chance meaning that every 290 eggs you will mutate the stat you are looking for (mathematically, can be less or more; random after all). Then if your male has over 20 markers, you will have 50% chance of a new mutation to fail if tied to that parent so it will take twice as more rolls to mutate.

In short; get yourself as many clean females as you can (100 is a good number to starts with) and never combine your mutated stats to keep the markers lower than 20 the longer you can.

Here some screenshots, for nostalgia:

A day worth of eggs...

04E2F201D92F879760FBFFA10CA944D11915B87B

Part of my females and some random colors in the background...

51D153A1DD1C4FEB87D101C3E00C8E8F45F0554A

All the unwanted... started to be costly in shotgun rounds...

7D11350B2050B08F825F67505E00D310D24E1DC0

So I started :Stamina:them instead (I still have fridges full of cooked prime... lol)...

94A115FBCDBB1BC69A306FF9682159758FE14AC9

More females, cause the more eggs the better...

C0A94CEEB99B91CAD6149E9C58F773E954575DA5

In conclusion, getting good stats on officials is more than possible with some work and dedication/obsession! :Melee_Damage:

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

Ya i edited the last post lol.  Thanks.  If the dads capped, can the mutation from the mom hit the dads stat?  Or is it only her stats that can be mutated?

You can get a mutation on the stat from the dad when the dad is at 20/20 but mom at 19/20 or lower, chance is just smaller that you roll a mutation

1 minute ago, Oli4 said:

You can get a mutation on the stat from the dad when the dad is at 20/20 but mom at 19/20 or lower, chance is just smaller that you roll a mutation

Thanks, now i have 2 decide whether to b picky or allow hp on my dmg line.  Getting to 20 would be faster but it also allows less killing of a useful stat on a wrong line plus youd have it for later.  Your chances are doubled until you hit 20.  Its probably better to not pollute the lin tho.  Thanks oli

• 11 months later...
9 hours ago, Rustydogzz said:

Very interesting post.  I’m trying a Tek Rex line just for fun.  I didn’t quite follow going from 7.5% to 0.5% based on needing 1 specific stat.  It seems like it should be about 1.1% or 7.5% x 1/7?  But then again, that might explain why I’m not seeing as many mutations as expected.

Ur chances for 1 specific stat increase is 1/180-200.  If u hv a parent that has 20 mutations on it then ur chances go to 1/360-400.  All that said iv had to go to lik 500 b4 and sometimes it happens within 50.  Rng sucks lol

Archived