Cannot Tame Queen Bee in Aberration

MajorFizz24

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, MajorFizz24 said:

Can anyone find some beehive spawns in aberration and map them for everyone. I notice there are very few of them compared to other maps. I'm not sure if the hive spawns are random. Anyone know? Thanks. Pictures of your aberrant hives would be cool as well. 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(Aberration)

AwG3WDf.jpg

Man.... I just tried again and the queen had no tame button pop up. I trapped it and had rare flowers in last slot. I also tried meat. Then I tried letting it go free and followed it. No matter what I could not get a tame icon. I play on xbox one. Has anyone tamed one on xbox one in aberration ?? I guess I can jump to Ragnarock and try to bring one back. Not sure what else to do.

I tamed one just last night.  I had 0 problems.  I broke the hive with a rifle and a substantial amount of ammo, ran the drones to my tribe-mate standing by on one of our crabs, and then popped bug repellant and started shoving flowers down it's gob. 3 flowers in, and  I had a beehive in my inventory.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:14 PM, DarthTribal said:

I know this is an old post now but thought I'd add my issues. I don't have any problems finding the Queen Bee. But they NEVER accept the Rare Flower. Tried countless times but no, don't even have the option to give the flower anymore. Surely has to be a bug. Either that or they changed the way they're tamed without me noticing.

I was having the same issue. It seems that you need to lose aggro from the drones first before you can attempt to tame the queen bee. I was initially trying to just force my way past the drones to the queen but when I did, it wouldn’t show any option to tame. But, if you back off for a bit, and make sure the drones no longer see you as a threat, then approach with ghillie and bug repellant just as a precaution, the queen should then accept the rare flower, as she did for me. 

This is how I tamed mine:

Attacked bee hive with a spino. Before the hive was destroyed I noticed that the bee queen was already out. But she was trapped in the hive, so were the bees she kept spawning. I stopped biting the hive, set my spino on passive, layed down and fed flowers to the queen. I was wearing ghillie and bug spray, not sure if neccessary in this case.

Archived