Berry tame this stego

DeweyDecimal

36 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

Because I have nothing better to do for the next six hours. 

Maybe sleep, but I probably won't

Sounds like you should berry tame a few trikes level 50 and under (< then an hour and a half), so you can get some kibble and tame a few 50 and under sarco's (< then 32 minutes) so then you can kibble tame a Stego (< an hour and a half) and be essentially immune to turrets. Going to be a better Stego with a larger health pool anyway if you use kibble. 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Sounds like you should berry tame a few trikes level 50 and under (< then an hour and a half), so you can get some kibble and tame a few 50 and under sarco's (< then 32 minutes) so then you can kibble tame a Stego (< an hour and a half) and be essentially immune to turrets. Going to be a better Stego with a larger health pool anyway if you use kibble. 

I get the benefits of kibble, don't get me wrong, but the stego is right here, right now. Though the tames themselves are quick, getting the eggs together to kibble tame her would still take a couple of days. 

5 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

I get the benefits of kibble, don't get me wrong, but the stego is right here, right now. Though the tames themselves are quick, getting the eggs together to kibble tame her would still take a couple of days. 

This is a level 150 right?
Takes one hour to tame with a kibble.

Yes, the timers are horrendous on official rates, but that's why every dinosaur has items that shorten the time considerably.
At least the wiki claims that taming a level 150 takes only 90 minutes with kibbles....
Not sure if the information is 100% accurate though.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Sounds needlessly overcomplicated, because you dont need to kibble tame kibble-farm dinos. Mutton/prime/meat tame low level sarcos > kibble tame stegos.

18 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Sounds needlessly overcomplicated, because you dont need to kibble tame kibble-farm dinos. Mutton/prime/meat tame low level sarcos > kibble tame stegos

That's a fair assessment. I was trying to go with shortest time frame approach for the Sarco and reduce danger since once it's down it's down around leeches, boa's, kapro's, other sarco's, etc. 

36 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

That's true. Guessing it's PVP so no chance to trade for the right amount on server. Maybe steal it? lol. I get that a 6 hour berry tame sucks (I've 8 hour berry tamed a Theri in my early days of playing Ark, should of been 4 but I let it wake up at 98% because I thought it had enough Narcs in it to finish) but with the usefulness of a Stego it makes sense to make it a bit more difficult (which in the case of Ark means time consuming) to tame up. 

Archived