Grouping Dinos

20GT

I'm on the PS4 but this is more of a general question not pertaining to just the console. 

There's not much worse than mistakenly hitting the "follow all whistle" or "go here whistle" and getting ambushed by all your dinos at once. Or hitting the "Attack Target" to close to your base. All your meticulously lined up dinos are once again in your way. 

So I've set my dino at my base to ignore group whistles. But sometimes when I'm out I get a dino ignoring both "all" or "one" whistle functions. I'm wondering if this stems from the ignore setting they are on.

Does anyone else have this problem? 

Since I can't change the dino behavior unless it next to me. I'm thinking about setting each dino into their own solitary  one dino group so I can change it on the fly without being next to it. 

Also on PS4, but I haven't had that problem necessarily. If they're set to ignore group whistles they should still be able to be "whistled one". Though it's a good idea to have tame groups for things you commonly take out, since that should be a solution to your problem. You can also have a blank ordering group (active group but nothing added to it) to help with accidental whistles, but that might be more troublesome to remember to switch back and forth. 

10 minutes ago, 20GT said:

How does that work different than stop all? 

When at your base, can help from catastrophic whistles: instead of a ton of dinos moving, maybe only a few rexes that you have assigned. Less of a pain. 

The blank ordering group suggestion is really just a safety for not whistling anything when at your base. Because nothing's in the group, nothing will move. My tribe mate came up with that because he'd always accidentally whistle all instead of one at base lol. Hopefully I explained that clearly. 

I try to have my tames all put into groups as I would use them.  So I have my attack Rexes and Allos together.  I have my Otters in a group, My attack Argies in one group, and my Transport -resources Argies/Quetzs in another group. Any animal not needed to move around in my base I set to Ignore Group (Dodos, Phomias, Doeds, Ankys, etc.)  I then just make sure to switch the active group to whichever one I need at the time.

My water Dinos I do slightly different.  I have my main Shark that I ride, and he is set to follow me. Then I put another shark following him, then a Basil following him, then a shark following him, then a Basil folling him, then my Plesios.   This helps prevent some of the gangbang bunching up that happens in the water.  

Archived