Devs please listen to what EVERYONE is saying

Jay89

The turrets are being reworked to reduce lag on the servers. This will also the side effect of slightly reducing the power of the largest tribes in favour of a small boost to smaller tribes in terms of the ability for smaller tribes to attack the larger ones.

Some players are whinging that their base defences might finally see some action which is quite odd given they are playing on PVP servers. The devs can't please everyone but the vast majority of players welcome these changes that will make their game more fair and balanced.

It does not matter if that tribe has countless def if your smaller than you lose its as simple as that there is such a massive skill gap because of this any 1 person could obliterate a base if they had enough rockets etc just by poppi around any corner shooting rinse and repeat etc. The only people that play this game now are the mega tribes and trolls (except pve)

1 minute ago, Jay89 said:

It does not matter if that tribe has countless def if your smaller than you lose its as simple as that there is such a massive skill gap because of this any 1 person could obliterate a base if they had enough rockets etc just by poppi around any corner shooting rinse and repeat etc. The only people that play this game now are the mega tribes and trolls (except pve)

Quite the contrary. This change benefits small tribes far more then it does larger tribes. I'm in a small tribe myself atm and I welcome these changes gladly.

Me thinks that this was definitely a change that should have been done or atleast experimented with before the game was officially released.

The negative hype about it is real. My large discord group full of friends, which a handful do play officials and are alpha on their server ,  are overly dramatic about it in my opinion. Then again their arguments are sound and reasonable, stating that ark pvp servers  will be forever changed after this. I've come to the conclusion that they are right, and im also assuming that WC isn't retarded and understands that this will forever change ark pvp servers and are therefore ok with it. It makes me wonder if 'performance' is really the backbone for them justifying the change.

It'll change the way people build, where they build, server politics, what people tame, the way people trade, the way people engage in PVP, the way people treat alphas, the way alphas treat other people, and what you should focus on which for many will be tek for the health tek structures provide given they are stronger than metal. There's a dozen other things I can come up with but I'll leave it at that. 

This change is more dramatic than the flyer nerf given how many things it affects, yet it' seems otherwise since its simply just limiting turrets- I know. Whether they realize it or not, their exacerbating the frequency of raids, which would make sense when servers are over crowded. I personally don't care because I play unnoficials, but You official boys are in for a ride. 

For you official boys in small tribes supporting this change, your affected by this change three fold- whether you realize it or not. Your now three times the threat to everyone else, especially the alpha. You may perceive this as a good thing, but you'll soon learn it's not. Good luck!

ON THE FIRST PAGE!!!!

They are adding new better turrets and are making or thinking about the following changes, all brought up by the community.

''

- Heavy Turrets will require normal turrets to craft.
- Heavy Turrets are currently designed to be about 4-5x as powerful as a normal turret.
- Stego Armor Plating is being made much less effective.

The above are things that are guaranteed to be happening when we roll out these turret limiting changes.

Here is stuff that's on our list to test and consider further:

- Veggie Cake balancing.
- Tek Turret needs to remain top-dog turret.
- Is there anything we can further do to lower the cost of each turret to allow us to safely increase the number that players can place.
- Knockback for some/all of the bullet-firing turrets?
- % health damage on tick for Plant Species? (Slow poison? Prevent healing?)
- Throwing explosives from the backs of dinos? 
- Can we further weaponize bees?

''

3 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

ON THE FIRST PAGE!!!!

They are adding new better turrets and are making or thinking about the following changes, all brought up by the community.

''

- Heavy Turrets will require normal turrets to craft.
- Heavy Turrets are currently designed to be about 4-5x as powerful as a normal turret.
- Stego Armor Plating is being made much less effective.

The above are things that are guaranteed to be happening when we roll out these turret limiting changes.

Here is stuff that's on our list to test and consider further:

- Veggie Cake balancing.
- Tek Turret needs to remain top-dog turret.
- Is there anything we can further do to lower the cost of each turret to allow us to safely increase the number that players can place.
- Knockback for some/all of the bullet-firing turrets?
- % health damage on tick for Plant Species? (Slow poison? Prevent healing?)
- Throwing explosives from the backs of dinos? 
- Can we further weaponize bees?

''

Why not just allow players to make an invincible shield around their base then they won't ever get raided. It is what what all these complainers really want at the end of the day: unraidable bases and no actual PVP.

28 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

That is entirely inaccurate... you clearly don't play the game..

38 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Blatantly everyone is saying raiders always have the upper hand so why are you nerfing the amount of turrets there already a rip off to make I just don't get it that's why I stopped playing months ago nothing can ever last for more than a few days 

They've literally already said why they're limiting turret placement, and what they're doing to try to keep the change balanced.

Instead of creating a new thread, why not just read what they have said?

If you disagree, then explain how they can achieve their goals in a less burdensome way.

@Jay89 Personally, not a fan of click-bait like titles for posts, You are not Everyone, don't act like a self appointed spokesperson on behalf of the forum community. 
Yes a portion of the community does share your sentiment on this topic, Personally I think that restocking 100 heavy turrets instead of 500 regular turrets should be welcome all round.

And also, this is to boost performance server-wide,  so I definitely welcome that!

• Volunteer Moderator
44 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Blatantly everyone is saying raiders always have the upper hand so why are you nerfing the amount of turrets there already a rip off to make I just don't get it that's why I stopped playing months ago nothing can ever last for more than a few days 

They have already explained the reasons for the turret changes and what they are doing. If you don't understand it then read those threads on the topic, don't make more threads discussing the same thing.

• GP locked this topic

Archived