What happened to NoTame?

cjhcatapult

I remember a while ago there were these 5 notame servers that were all in one cluster. they were capped at 120 players and it was epic, 3/5 of them were full at any given time, and there was SO much pvp and swamp fever.

Nowadays I look for them and they are all 9999 ping and  0 online. They were a blast. What happened?

you want a no tame server?

go to any official PvE :P 

nah rly it sucks that sounds like fun pvp.

sounds like the game rust... whats the point of playing a game about taming dinosaurs if you dont want to tame dinosaurs

sure ark is about dinosaur, but it has so much more, take them away and you get a different game

53 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

you want a no tame server?

go to any official PvE :P 

nah rly it sucks that sounds like fun pvp.

sure ark is about dinosaur, but it has so much more, take them away and you get a different game

Even though I strictly play PVE, I can see the allure of the no tame game. One of the reasons I love this game is because its challenging. Take away tames and add PVP, it becomes challenging  amped up on steroids. That would be pure heaven for a true adrenaline junkie.

29 minutes ago, Probitas said:

Without dinos you can't do the boss fights.....so no ascension or end game at all...which is really stupid when you think about it. That's probably why they aren't being used.

lol what? We killed enough on official no tame. And i know there were many more.
The last time i really had fun in Ark was on official Notame. Dinos and especially SE-Environment meant a threat. Also it was the last Time we had some really fun PVP-Fights.
I think NoTame Servers really could bring me and my mates back playing Ark.
And for all PVE-Players... maybe try HelloKittyonline

2 hours ago, Ugodzilla said:

lol what? We killed enough on official no tame. And i know there were many more.
The last time i really had fun in Ark was on official Notame. Dinos and especially SE-Environment meant a threat. Also it was the last Time we had some really fun PVP-Fights.
I think NoTame Servers really could bring me and my mates back playing Ark.
And for all PVE-Players... maybe try HelloKittyonline

To each their own. Some people don't measure how big their stick is by how many pixel people they waste. In this game, lag can get you killed, not the skill of your opponent, unless you call taking advantage of game problems skillful. Not sure why smack talking against people you don't play with means anything either, unless you are trying to beat your chest like the local zoo gorilla, which means zip to everyone on the outside of the cage the gorilla lives in. Everything is perspective based.

The only way I could see people beating bosses without dinos is because they made the bosses weaker for No Tame, which says something about how hard those fights weren't.

6 hours ago, cjhcatapult said:

Dude, you suck. Take away dinosaurs and you have a game that is similar to rust in no way except that it is a melee survival game  where you have HP. shut the raptor up

you run around collecting blueprints, making bases, raiding people, using guns/spears. have you ever played rust? its exactly the same game without dinosaurs....

.... there is even supply drops in rust

You are thinking about the 140 player no tames, Not 120(It was 120 when they opened them but soon changed to 140). In a recent post I made, I outline all the servers that they still have up and I mention how dead those are. Here is a link to that post if you want to check it out.

Here are the battle metrics links to the 140 no tame servers
[140 Players] NA-NoTamingExperiment - Ragnarok
[140 Players] NA-NoTamingExperiment2 - TheIsland
[140 Players] NA-NoTamingExperiment2 - TheCenter

It is interesting to note that there exist new No tame servers that tech are no tame and they do see some play (Not much but more than 0, like the 140s)

Here are the battle metrics links
NA-PVP-NoTek-NoTaming-Ragnarok-CrossArk7
NA-PVP-NoTek-NoTaming-ScorchedEarth-CrossArk7 
NA-PVP-NoTek-NoTaming-TheIsland-CrossArk7

EU-PVP-NoTek-NoTaming-Ragnarok-CrossArk7
EU-PVP-NoTek-NoTaming-ScorchedEarth-CrossArk7
EU-PVP-NoTek-NoTaming-TheIsland-CrossArk7 

I also go over my Aberration predictions and I believe that those new, NoTek, NoTame servers will get an aberration counterpart. I do not believe we will see a 140 tho. 

I've been playing no tame servers consistently for a year now and the ping has always been fine, there is no lag, and there are always people to play with.  Yes it averages like 5-10 people during the week and 20 during the weekend but it has constant rollover.  Lots of people play on no tame but since there are no dinos they dont have to stay on long.  But roughly a hundred people join over the course of each day.  Other than that, IMO the reason it is not always packed is because no tame is a lot harder than tame in the sense that you will get your base blown up eventually and have to restart.  But restart enough and you can get back up in a day.  The biggest thing is the BPs.  Just hide them well and/or be in a tribe to get back up quickly.  The best part is that alpha tribes are constantly changing and the balance of power can switch at any time unlike most tame servers.  Lots of politics/good pvp action if you stay long enough.  Cheers.      

On 24/11/2017 at 8:10 AM, edandbunny said:

Even though I strictly play PVE, I can see the allure of the no tame game. One of the reasons I love this game is because its challenging. Take away tames and add PVP, it becomes challenging  amped up on steroids. That would be pure heaven for a true adrenaline junkie.

I agree and its what i actualy meant :P might not have been clear tho.

On 24/11/2017 at 4:39 PM, Notorious2652 said:

take away the dinosaurs and its the game rust........

in the concept maybe. but... so ? its not like theres never been 2 similar games before, or 2 different games that with a mod made them similar.

I def need to try this mod. still havent :( 

Archived