Sulfur replacement on the island

Thegeekgroundhog

Hi ! I play on the island with SE creatures (single player). Problem is I can't get sulfur other than by killing golems and wyverns which give almost no sulfur (2 for a golem !). I need it to feed phoenix ... Also I don't want to add mods.

So, I thinked I may give me sulfur and throw another ressource (like an echange) but I can't find the right balance. According to you what is the equivalent of sulfur ?

I was thinking of metal because you find it on special rocks but the rate isn't the same ...

There is a hidden cave on scorched by red ob that has tons of sulfur. I also get a ton of sulfur from killing wyverns, but I also raise a lot of baby dragons, so...

I think killing baby dragons may also give you sulfur... not 100% sure on this one, but perhaps hatch and kill those level 10 eggs on the island instead of eating them in the scar.

2 hours ago, Thegeekgroundhog said:

Hi ! I play on the island with SE creatures (single player). Problem is I can't get sulfur other than by killing golems and wyverns which give almost no sulfur (2 for a golem !). I need it to feed phoenix ... Also I don't want to add mods.

So, I thinked I may give me sulfur and throw another ressource (like an echange) but I can't find the right balance. According to you what is the equivalent of sulfur ?

I was thinking of metal because you find it on special rocks but the rate isn't the same ...

200 ingots per 100 Sulphur would be very conservative.  Sulphur is stupid easy to get a TON of on scorched, so a truer ratio would probably be 200 ingot for 600 Sulphur.

17 hours ago, Goaty said:

I'm pretty sure you can go on SE on sinleplayer with the same character, and upload stuff like you can on multiplayer,  just without limitation in think like the cooldowns and timers.

I would rather not to ^^ don't want to mess up something I don't know how it work xD

Also thanks for your advice guys, guess I will go for obsidian. Even if the amount of obs is lower on the island I don't want to make it as easy as in SE to get sulfur (this is not the map you are supposed to find it afterall), so no metal or chitin/keratin ^^

1 minute ago, Thegeekgroundhog said:

I would rather not to ^^ don't want to mess up something I don't know how it work xD

Also thanks for your advice guys, guess I will go for obsidian. Even if the amount of obs is lower on the island I don't want to make it as easy as in SE to get sulfur (this is not the map you are supposed to find it afterall), so no metal or chitin/keratin ^^

well it's easy:

scorched earth has alot of the following

-pearls

-metal

-obsidian

-crystal

-sulfur

-raw salt

-stone/sand

-oil

the island has alot of the following:

-wood

-metal

basically everything is easier to get on scorched earth, because map is slower and the "high risk for high reward" factor

if you would make a "realistic" deal either the island trader, would have to add an interesting resource, or an increasd amount of resources as the scorched earth trader has heavy access to some so the value decreases

2 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

well it's easy:

scorched earth has alot of the following

-pearls

-metal

-obsidian

-crystal

-sulfur

-raw salt

-stone/sand

-oil

the island has alot of the following:

-wood

-metal

basically everything is easier to get on scorched earth, because map is slower and the "high risk for high reward" factor

if you would make a "realistic" deal either the island trader, would have to add an interesting resource, or an increasd amount of resources as the scorched earth trader has heavy access to some so the value decreases

You mean that as SE have tons of sulfur and the island tons of wood/metal, these ressources are equivalent and this deal is the fairest ?

Just now, Thegeekgroundhog said:

You mean that as SE have tons of sulfur and the island tons of wood/metal, these ressources are equivalent and this deal is the fairest ?

no i mean, if both were "the island" players

and you want to "'buy"' 2000 metal you would pay 2000 crystal

now if the seller of the metal was on scorched earth, 2000 crystal would be a bad deal for him as there is a cave in red obelisk that has TONS of crystal and obisidian so the value for him is alot lower then the value from someone on another map, because the access to crystal would be alot lower

do you get me?

2 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

no i mean, if both were "the island" players

and you want to "'buy"' 2000 metal you would pay 2000 crystal

now if the seller of the metal was on scorched earth, 2000 crystal would be a bad deal for him as there is a cave in red obelisk that has TONS of crystal and obisidian so the value for him is alot lower then the value from someone on another map, because the access to crystal would be alot lower

do you get me?

Yes I get it now ^^

So as obs and sulfur are at the same "rarity" on SE, they are equivalent if I understand what you said ?

Just now, Thegeekgroundhog said:

Yes I get it now ^^

So as obs and sulfur are at the same "rarity" on SE, they are equivalent if I understand what you said ?

yes they can be gathered from the same cave and the same areas, so when we go mine stuff we mine everything untill quetzal is full that includes metal, sulfur, obsidian and crystal.

1 resource that is allways useful, and somehow harder to get on scorched earth is tree sap, i'm allways short on tree sap atleast hehe (you can gather tree sap in scorched earth with a chainsaw from the small looking palm trees, but they don't give much)

while on the island you can attach some tree traps to the giant redwood trees

i would settle for such a deal atleast, win-win for both sides

1 minute ago, raptorjesus666 said:

yes they can be gathered from the same cave and the same areas, so when we go mine stuff we mine everything untill quetzal is full that includes metal, sulfur, obsidian and crystal.

1 resource that is allways useful, and somehow harder to get on scorched earth is tree sap, i'm allways short on tree sap atleast hehe (you can gather tree sap in scorched earth with a chainsaw from the small looking palm trees, but they don't give much)

while on the island you can attach some tree traps to the giant redwood trees

i would settle for such a deal atleast, win-win for both sides

That pretty smart =) Maybe will trade sulfur for obs and sap depending of the ressource I have

Archived