Island Hard Snow Cave

JohnnyDeath

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, JohnnyDeath said:

So since they've added Purlovia & Dire Bears, whats the best tactic to getting the Strong Artifact? 

We've tried doing it naked & running through, after a few hours of luring things out of the doorways and passages we've managed to get the artifact but never been able to get it out due to the amount of mobs in there now. We've took around 1k bullets and asc pumps, by the time we got halfway, the mobs already respawned in behind us. Was thinking of doing the raising bears, thylas and bringing them under the crawl space but now with the Purlovias taking you off your mount every 5 feet, Im not even sure if thats worth it. Anyone completed it since they've added the new mobs, and whats the best way to complete now?

Thylas and Theriz is what we use for snow cave. We use these two out of the consideration for all of the pelt that is inside of the cave. They work well, make all your imprints, make high-quality armor for them. The thylas can do it without the theriz but we like the theriz because they are superior in damage output. You do not even have to have sweet-cakes on a good therizino. Ours are in one now and its already got 1k melee damage. It killz fast.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:26 AM, Maelikki said:

We (PvE Official Legacy) ran Snow Cave last weekend with a total of 6 people armed to the teeth with Flame Arrows, Rocket Launchers, Shotguns etc.

We also brought someone specifically assigned to the Dimorphodon swarm we took in, consisting of Dimos that were mostly ~3k HP and 500 % melee (most people were not in the same tribe but allied, that way the dimos weren't shot all the time).

From my experience, below the most important points:

• Essential: Shotgun (each person hat at least 200 ammo) + grappling hooks (many! we brought each about 30-40)
  • Our tactic mostly looked like this: one brave soul ran forward, grappled to the ceiling, aggroing most creatures in front of us. While the creatures are focused on that person, blow them up (Rocket Launchers work wonders if you have a clear shot, but grenades and shotguns are great here too).
  • Put down sleeping bags on designated respawn points that seem not that frequented with creatures to you and give the sleeping bag names so you can easily agree on where to respawn with the group/your cave partner.
  • You can bring fiber with you to craft sleeping bags on the go (harvest hide from corpses for the real survivalist feel), that way they don't take up that much weight.
  • If you can, bring a Tek Rifle: the knockback on that thing works wonders while the other guy(s) reload their shotguns/switch weapons/etc. We had 2 people with Tek rifles that also brought Tek Grenades to throw when the creatures were clumped up.
  • The Dimo swarm we used as a backup only (if the creatures came unexpectedly from behind/were respawning on us or if too many breached the frontlines) as they can be devastated by bears' AOE, especially with 'Attack This Target'-whistle being so wonky. Due to the fact that the Tek Rifle does splash damage on projectile impact and having only 1 dimo flapping around in front of you while you're shooting can thus kill you, we are considering not taking them the next time.
  • Make sure everyone coming with you grabs an artifact. We waited 40 minutes (10 min respawn timer for the Artifact of the Strong after the initial 2 you can grab), so everybody could get a hand on theirs.
  • On the way back, things may respawn on top of you - be prepared for that (this is where our dimo swarm was worth gold)!

I believe it's possible to do it with less people, however, a group seems good as the collective can take more ammo/spare weapons/spare armour.

In any case, it was an adventure for our alliance as a group and we had lots of fun beating the cave (even if we were a little overprepared).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Likki

We have done it with 2 people, therizinos at 10k HP with ascendant saddles and had them levelled to 1000% melee damage. The kill-rate is beautiful with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 4:01 AM, Xilelv said:

I just had 19 theri despawn in the cave that I spent a while to breed. just sucks.

no mention in the log either.... this bug or ''feature'' sucks, lol.

Sry for you mate. You should have read the wiki before. There s a mention about this. Everything single dinos you left in the area and/or close to the cave entrance will despawn after they go in stasis mode. Means, if you left the area.

Another way to do it in PVE official is to come with 50 dimorph with 3000+ health and 450%+ dmg, insane flak armor, shild, and good recipies. Yeah, its a raptoring mess.

Breeding few allosorus in a breeding event is another way to do that. They grow up fast, but its still an hard work.

On 10/19/2017 at 5:22 AM, AngrySaltire said:

While a pack of 6 hyaenados are op and I can solo the swamp cave with them,  I unfortunately think it may be pushing it a bit in the snow cave. Havent tried it myself yet so you never know but I would inmagine that the direbears would make short work of the hyaenas and I dont think the hyaenadons can get full access to the cave especially towards the end where you need grapples for access.

i dont get why everyone is talking about hyeanodons can go in the cave cause i have tryed it on conesole and they can't even fit through the crouching part to get in the cave.. they just stop walking forward so i dont see how takeing them in there is even viable... @w@

2 hours ago, danlillis said:

i dont get why everyone is talking about hyeanodons can go in the cave cause i have tryed it on conesole and they can't even fit through the crouching part to get in the cave.. they just stop walking forward so i dont see how takeing them in there is even viable... @w@

Long story short you would have to breed the hyaenadons at the cave mouth and walk the babies into the cave from there and rasie them in the cave. You can then breed those hyaenadons in the cave to get more. Saying that I do not think this is a viable strategy for many reasons though. Think the dire bears are probably just too much for them. Also I am actually unsure if tamed creatures actually despawn in the cave when unrendered. If tamed creatures dont despawn there are more suited dinos to take in and breed. 

Archived