Ragnarok - Desert & Unicorn?

teamravegreen

Hi there -

I'm just curious about a couple things.

There is a server config option: EnableDevelopmentZones that I am debating whether to use or not. Does anyone have any experience with this?
> Will the area just be open and empty or will there be dinos out there?
> What are the risks to using this option? For instance, can we build out there but run the risk of it being destroyed when that part of the map is officially released?
> Does the blurry wall disappear or can you just pass through it now?

Unicorns... We've been playing Ragnarok for a while now. I've used the DestroyedWildDinos command a few times and I've still never seen one.
> Any tips on a reliable spawn?

Thanks!

19 hours ago, Blobert said:

One wild unicorn or one unicorn?  I'm on a server that the unicorn has been found and tamed already.

I think, but am not certain, it depends on the server settings...

From: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#Ragnarok

AllowMultipleTamedUnicorns - false = one unicorn on the map at a time, true = one wild and unlimited tamed Unicorns on the map.
UnicornSpawnInterval  -  How long the game should wait before spawning a new unicorn if the wild one is killed (or tamed, if AllowMultipleTamedUnicorns is enabled). This value sets the minimum amount of time (in hours), and the maximum is equal to 2x this value.

The setting has an asterisk (*) next to it that denotes the setting doesn't appear to be working correctly. I am using the setting on my server, but I haven't gone and looked for another Unicorn YET. I have also read that if the tamed Unicorn is uploaded to a obelisk it will allow another to spawn, but again this is just rumor as far as I'm concerned.

I'll see if I can find another wild one on my server and report back.

Also, nobody has any comments on the EnableDevelopmentZones server config option? Is nobody using it?

12 minutes ago, teamravegreen said:

Also, nobody has any comments on the EnableDevelopmentZones server config option? Is nobody using it?

it will just disable the the collison on the wall 

there are some spawns behind the wall but nothing that you cant get any where else 

and everything behind the wall is subject to heavy changes => not recommended to build there cause you can lose your structures

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, teamravegreen said:

Yes you can use that dev ini config for that map to pass through that WIP barrier.  You will go right over, there is limited very limited resources out there as well as a few spawns from testing etc I'm sure.  But since its a WIP, it will change and what you build will be wiped when that part of the map updates.  Its  the reason why that barrier exists.

But you can look around but already from watching the dev streams many areas are changing.  What is out there is pretty bland and nothing to see except sand.

Thanks for the info!

I disabled the wall and checked it out this weekend. There were a couple animals over there that I haven't seen anywhere on Ragnarok, so that was cool.

Also

On 10/4/2017 at 9:34 AM, teamravegreen said:

I think, but am not certain, it depends on the server settings...

From: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#Ragnarok

AllowMultipleTamedUnicorns - false = one unicorn on the map at a time, true = one wild and unlimited tamed Unicorns on the map.
UnicornSpawnInterval  -  How long the game should wait before spawning a new unicorn if the wild one is killed (or tamed, if AllowMultipleTamedUnicorns is enabled). This value sets the minimum amount of time (in hours), and the maximum is equal to 2x this value.

The setting has an asterisk (*) next to it that denotes the setting doesn't appear to be working correctly. I am using the setting on my server, but I haven't gone and looked for another Unicorn YET. I have also read that if the tamed Unicorn is uploaded to a obelisk it will allow another to spawn, but again this is just rumor as far as I'm concerned.

I'll see if I can find another wild one on my server and report back.

Just a quick FYI that I saw a wild Unicorn on my server (in addition to the one I have tamed) over the weekend. So that setting appears to be working fine!

Archived