Archived Patch Notes

Jatheish

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love to peek into the dev kit ever so often. Sometimes the things I see are really uplifting.

but yeah, whilst it IS bothersome that some peoples preparations get messed up this way, I rather prefere the devs to take their time and iron out things before releasing them.

But as previously stated, more active communication with the userbase would help tons.

9 minutes ago, Swashy Mark said:

Does it really matter? Play the game. Servers will give you a message before they go down. And steam will just download it. Go on, play :)

It should. But people lost tames, dinos and lots of stuff back that time when servers stated "server shutdown in 30 minutes" and then shut down 30 seconds after. As far as I am aware this only happened once, but what can I say. A burnt child is scared of fire.

59 minutes ago, Tom said:

I found the above mentioned "fireplace" in a separate folder. Something with "steampunk". Therefor it could be, that its not what the devs are currently developing as "fireplace". Me personally would prefer a real fireplace as we know it from our own homes or movies :)

Oh yea that could fit a steampunk theme come to think of it.

8 hours ago, Demran said:

We have no idea yet mate. Only the possible shape of it is shown from DevKit here (and that might not be the final version of it. 50% chance) :

Please, please, please not this version.  All I want for Xmas is a 'stone' fireplace.  This version would make me sad.  

Fingers crossed. ;)

For anyone wondering about this "fireplace" going around, I don't think that will be the fireplace. It's more of a furnace than a fireplace, but it's definitely not that kind of fireplace you'd think of, it's from the Steampunk asset from the Unreal Asset Store

You all remember what the old industrial grill used to look like? It used to look more like a stone fireplace than a grill? I reckon this is what the fireplace will look like, if not, they might even re-use this asset for it 

1 hour ago, gepardenforelle said:

It should. But people lost tames, dinos and lots of stuff back that time when servers stated "server shutdown in 30 minutes" and then shut down 30 seconds after. As far as I am aware this only happened once, but what can I say. A burnt child is scared of fire.

Once in how many patches now? Come on now...

1 hour ago, theradgamerdan said:

For anyone wondering about this "fireplace" going around, I don't think that will be the fireplace. It's more of a furnace than a fireplace, but it's definitely not that kind of fireplace you'd think of, it's from the Steampunk asset from the Unreal Asset Store

You all remember what the old industrial grill used to look like? It used to look more like a stone fireplace than a grill? I reckon this is what the fireplace will look like, if not, they might even re-use this asset for it 

Good point, I have not played where the industrial grill has been replaced. But I like the asset :)

This topic contains announced content for patches but without any version:

December:
- Procoptodon!
- Survival of the Fittest: Naughty or Nice
- ARK: Winter Wonderland
- Tribe Alliances (PvE and PvP)
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
- More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
- Snow, Swamp, and Tek Caves, Boss Arenas / Game Progression, and "Boss Wars"
Ascension
- Aquatic and Amphibious Mating/Lifecycles
- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
- Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
- Beer Brewing.
[MORE NOTES TO COME]

• Tom pinned this topic
  • Jen unpinned this topic

Archived