Ark: Aberration

Aaron8956

It will be interesting for sure.

I for one am excited about no flying in Aberration. Pteros and other legacy mounts will be grounded, I hear it means to motivate players to use new forms of transportation. Gliding is a big thing it seems, with Wing suits and that strange lizard. However, it would be great if the lore could make some kind of remark (perhaps it already does with all that radiation), not in depth explanation mind you, just something to acknowledge the no fly zone, it could be on a high overview just in order for plausibility (maybe they will outright block certain animals from going into Aberration...who knows).

I am also guessing for a late October release, with a potential delay into November. Regardless, when it comes it will be fantastic.

Cheers!

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2017 at 8:42 PM, Martellus said:

It will be interesting for sure.

I for one am excited about no flying in Aberration. Pteros and other legacy mounts will be grounded, I hear it means to motivate players to use new forms of transportation. Gliding is a big thing it seems, with Wing suits and that strange lizard. However, it would be great if the lore could make some kind of remark (perhaps it already does with all that radiation), not in depth explanation mind you, just something to acknowledge the no fly zone, it could be on a high overview just in order for plausibility (maybe they will outright block certain animals from going into Aberration...who knows).

I am also guessing for a late October release, with a potential delay into November. Regardless, when it comes it will be fantastic.

Cheers!

Yeah, it will probably be a late release. I'm hoping for no delay, as long as it releases in October, I will be happy.

On 9/24/2017 at 3:41 AM, Vrallox said:

Looks like they're going farther down the pay-to-win path with each DLC. Here's a quote from their latest cherry picked Q+A list:

"Survivor RaifuForLaifu asks, "What are "Element Chambers"?"

They are zones of intense radiation where it is possible to collect Element Ore, as well as encounter certain hideous, aggressive creatures."

So those who buy the DLC will be able to farm element outside of boss fights.

..You can't transfer element regardless of how easy or hard it is to farm.

Personally I think that the element ore will be transferable but the refined element you get from bosses will remain untransferrable. Furthermore I think it will function differently. Either you can't build with it or it won't power your tek structures making it so you still have to go for bosses to gather regular element. After all. It is a malfunctioning ark! 

13 minutes ago, Sideswipe said:

Personally I think that the element ore will be transferable but the refined element you get from bosses will remain untransferrable. Furthermore I think it will function differently. Either you can't build with it or it won't power your tek structures making it so you still have to go for bosses to gather regular element. After all. It is a malfunctioning ark! 

I don't think anything should be transferable. Look what happened to Scorched Earth, transferring wyverns to the other arks, that destroyed pvp. It's a paid dlc so I think all items should be exclusive to those who purchased it, other wise there's not much of a point in buying it if you can get everything by transferring it to other arks. 

I would assume the element ore will be like the pheonix taming of scorched earth, we were made to assume there were special beacons that appear during certain events such as earthquakes, and from the preview video, i would guess that element ore can only be obtained at a certain time such as in the middle of an earthquake and you could need to use a structure to mine it (similar to oil wells) and it would decay (due to earthquakes), it will also be environmental chamber based so it could possibly be isolated and having dangerous aggressive creatures it could be in chambers where the creatures can't be lured off cliffs or those creatures have great terrain scaling capability, as it is element ore it would need to be refined so there may be more to it such as it being refined by special forges or by doing bosses (eg. shoving in the ore to slowly change the ores into pure element or element shards) and you'll only have a short time span to even do it before being ported out, could weigh a lot to limit how much can be taken in for refining. It also will not be like when scorched earth was, cross ark transfer will be both ways, you're only limited to not allowing fliers into abberation, also it being an ore that needs to be refined and element being present on the map apart from bosses would mean theres a special interaction with tek stuff, eg. the tek replicator can only operate in a certain area or it decays so often that the tek structures would have to be mass crafted.

Just theory crafting that's all.

I am all up for the new structure building system. I have always wanted to build around rocks and cliffs. That's going to affect the new gliding system as well. 

What if there was a creature that goes under the ground and could leap out of it like a purlovia but has the traits of a thylacoleo, that'd be awesome. Maybe the mystery creature 1 will do something cool.

Just now, OmegaX said:

angler pug and rock drake is all i needed to see to get me sold. that and the climbing picks and cliff platforms

Yeah, everything is amazing about it. I thought the zip lining was a great way to get around. The rock drakes will probably be the alpha dinos of Aberration, someone will just camp on a rock, go invisible and shoot you with a sniper and you're dead. That's what I would do anyway lol. And about the climbing picks, I hope you can like get out a pistol and keep one pick in the rock so you can shoot.

Archived