Jat

Day One! Launch & More!

Recommended Posts

PoliScikosis    72
1 minute ago, Snapshot said:

When you select a server that you wish to play on it sends a request for access then the server grants access

are you trolling me? am I being puked? THERE ARE NO SERVERS TO REQUEST FROM. THERE ARE NO SERVERS ON THE SERVER LIST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snapshot    33
Just now, PoliScikosis said:

are you trolling me? am I being puked? THERE ARE NO SERVERS TO REQUEST FROM. THERE ARE NO SERVERS ON THE SERVER LIST.

Then the servers have not launched yet. That simple. It is quite possible that WC is updating the servers to protect them from dupes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PoliScikosis    72
Just now, Snapshot said:

Then the servers have not launched yet. That simple. It is quite possible that WC is updating the servers to protect them from dupes.

you sir... I give you props.

in all seriousness.... you are a level 115 ALPHA ASCENDANT WildCard Fanboi.....

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snapshot    33
1 minute ago, PoliScikosis said:

you sir... I give you props.

in all seriousness.... you are a level 115 ALPHA ASCENDANT WildCard Fanboi.....

Again I have talked against WC before so not a fanboy. All I'm trying to do is explain why the servers are not up or launched to people who refuse accept this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
True2Drew    0
7 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

Not everything in the world is perfect it is not going to always work out and if you have been playing ark for awhile you know WC does not always have things launched at the time they say.

 

I get that, but that's the whole point, the world is not perfect and your first plan is usually gonna fail, for that you hedge and have plan b,c,d etc.. if i think im going to need 6 hours, I say 10 hours, maybe im done at hour 8, and im able to shock my client to the upside. opposed to forcing him to accept my poor planning and mediocrity as a de facto state of affairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey can anyone tell me if I will be able to load the Ragnarok map, The Center or Scorched earth map with my DoDo server from Nitrado. Without losing my progress on The Island map? I want to explore more maps. I know there's a setting to change the maps in the Web Interface. I just want to make sure I am not deleting anything. Also if I can play on one map and A friend plays on another at the same time? Thanks Survivors!!  Ps. I'm on Ps4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitkop81    1

Well im glad that the game was offitially released....But i still have a question - when you will made real rebalance of the powers, realistic size and abilities for some predators and herbivore dino's wich are a super unrealistic - examples - Tyrannosaurus Rex, Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Diplodoc, Titanosaurus, the Raptors, Yutirannus, Kentrosaurus.....All this creatures are totally unrealistic especially therizinosaurus and Giganotosaurus. The Trex need to be totally reworked - with strongest jaws at the game (highest damage), size around 1,25 times bigger than now, with brake bones abillity, with damaging stone and metal structures, with scaring roar wich pull all other animals to run afraid, tail attack and chance to kill every single creature with 1 hit, because the Trex was 1 shot killer and he was eat "armored" dinos like ankylo's. And his Sounds - what a horrible sounds not only for Trex, but for most of the dino's at the game. Why you broke all the sounds??? What i that "funny" sounds for largest predators that even live at the planet??? I mean GIga na Trex - they sound horryble - like a puppies.And the Spino sounds isn't better. And the raptors - aren't they are pack predators??? Aren't they haven't the ALpha and Beta leaders???Or only Allosaurus was a pack predators??? WHEN WHEN WHEN you will do this fixes???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snapshot    33
1 minute ago, True2Drew said:

 

I get that, but that's the whole point, the world is not perfect and your first plan is usually gonna fail, for that you hedge and have plan b,c,d etc.. if i think im going to need 6 hours, I say 10 hours, maybe im done at hour 8, and im able to shock my client to the upside. opposed to forcing him to accept my poor planning and mediocrity as a de facto state of affairs.

I'm not saying accept it but be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PoliScikosis    72
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

Again I have talked against WC before so not a fanboy. All I'm trying to do is explain why the servers are not up or launched to people who refuse accept this. 

do YOU even know what you have stated.... first you said it wasnt WC's fault because the servers couldnt take the load of requests..... then you said that its not WC's fault that there were soo many requests...

 

then you acknowledged that the servers are not in fact.... up.

 

those 2 things are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE statements.... and yet you pretend that they are one in the same. your logic is flawed, everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read this, I award you no points.... and may god have mercy on your soul.....

Edited by PoliScikosis
typo
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have requested a day off from work weeks in advance for launch dates and times to get pushed back time and again. I still love the game but wish there was enough servers on launch day to support a timely start to the release date. I'm still sad that your planning to phase out legacy servers or so it seems as well. The hours and days and weeks and months and 2 years heavy sigh. I do love the game Though. I even now still have a bassie stuck in a water cave that I feed daily. Maybe with the update it will be free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fingle    41

You see as soon as the servers are down the community resorts to merciless hate and trolling ... Ark when working saves from this as we can vent our frustrations by murdering each other and the wildlife .. and a little bit of nurturing I guess.

So I blame WIldcard for this shocking human behaviour I am seeing... we are clearly bugged .. so patch us already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frostitute    4
4 minutes ago, PoliScikosis said:

those 2 things are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE statements.... and yet you pretend that they are one in the same. your logic is flawed, everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read this, I award you no points.... and may god have mercy on your soul.....

I got the billy madison reference ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snapshot    33
1 minute ago, mitkop81 said:

Well im glad that the game was offitially released....But i still have a question - when you will made real rebalance of the powers, realistic size and abilities for some predators and herbivore dino's wich are a super unrealistic - examples - Tyrannosaurus Rex, Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Diplodoc, Titanosaurus, the Raptors, Yutirannus, Kentrosaurus.....All this creatures are totally unrealistic especially therizinosaurus and Giganotosaurus. The Trex need to be totally reworked - with strongest jaws at the game (highest damage), size around 1,25 times bigger than now, with brake bones abillity, with damaging stone and metal structures, with scaring roar wich scare all animals at the game, tail attack and chance to kill every single creature with 1 hit, because the Trex was 1 shot killer!!!

The creatures of Ark are based on real life ones but are not actually those creatures if you go to the wiki each dino's dossier lists a made up scientific name so they probably won't change it.

 

Just now, PoliScikosis said:

do YOU even know what you have stated.... first you said it wasnt WC's fault because the servers couldnt take the load of requests..... then you said that its not WC's fault that there were soo many requests...

 

then you acknowledged that the servers are not in fact.... up.

 

those 2 things are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE statements.... and yet you pretend that they are one in the same. your logic is flawed, everyone in this thread is no dumber for having read this, I award you no points.... and may god have mercy on your soul.....

I stand by my statements. I am not changing that fact. I believe it isn't WC's fault because they use servers if I remember correctly from Nitrado so Wc can only shunt their updates their to which the server company has to add those updates. AND maybe here's a shocker what if they want to add something to the servers update? They can do that. Just because it doesn't work out for you mean WC should just rush to get the servers up. Smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dxgamergeek    2
11 minutes ago, Homiedaclownwow said:

I have requested a day off from work weeks in advance for launch dates and times to get pushed back time and again. I still love the game but wish there was enough servers on launch day to support a timely start to the release date. I'm still sad that your planning to phase out legacy servers or so it seems as well. The hours and days and weeks and months and 2 years heavy sigh. I do love the game Though. I even now still have a bassie stuck in a water cave that I feed daily. Maybe with the update it will be free. 

 

I feel ya...I am "working from home" today...haha...but yet to be able to play.  Though have gotten some work stuff too, but still, grrr!!

But yes, congrats on getting to this point WC...looking forward to what comes down the road.  Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

The creatures of Ark are based on real life ones but are not actually those creatures if you go to the wiki each dino's dossier lists a made up scientific name so they probably won't change it.

 

I stand by my statements. I am not changing that fact. I believe it isn't WC's fault because they use servers if I remember correctly from Nitrado so Wc can only shunt their updates their to which the server company has to add those updates. AND maybe here's a shocker what if they want to add something to the servers update? They can do that. Just because it doesn't work out for you mean WC should just rush to get the servers up. Smh

That's not likely their setup. If they're leasing the servers, they should have full admin control of the servers. If not, they will have had pre-release queues set up and they push the button to allow the updates to go live. Either way, it's like 95% chance that WC are the ones delaying.

And having worked with servers of all types, setting them up fing sucks. It can be broken so easily and it can often be easier to do a reset than try to figure out your problem. So likely there's some issue which is preventing them deploying them all. 

The problem with this is the fact that they are a business. They should have had the new servers up and stable 2-3 days ago and simply not visible to the server lists. To ensure they are ok, can handle load, there's no unforeseen memory leaks, etc. Then they should have had a feature flag that turned them on at release time or a minor, minor patch to activate them on people's guis. This not being live, constant push back is really not the way to approach it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liophina    1
10 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

The creatures of Ark are based on real life ones but are not actually those creatures if you go to the wiki each dino's dossier lists a made up scientific name so they probably won't change it.

 

I stand by my statements. I am not changing that fact. I believe it isn't WC's fault because they use servers if I remember correctly from Nitrado so Wc can only shunt their updates their to which the server company has to add those updates. AND maybe here's a shocker what if they want to add something to the servers update? They can do that. Just because it doesn't work out for you mean WC should just rush to get the servers up. Smh

Really? They run and manage most of the servers except any of the servers listed as "On Nitrado" and the unofficial servers.  They just haven't brought them online. Hopefully they found a game breaking bug and instead of just bringing the servers online with said bug, like they did numerous times in EA, they decided to hold off to give it's new customers the best experience possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now