The club

Taconite

Am I the only one who thinks these are far too overpowered?

The idea that I can spawn on the beach, run up to the top of a mountain and club out a dude in full flak, with a rifle and pike while he's mining metal is just crazy. Now I'm not really complaining because normally I am the one to profit from this. If I ever join a new server I simply knock someone out and take their stuff instead of bringing my own. I think that as far as clubs go the devs should do something like with the rocket launchers and get rid of the bps for them because the fact that a primitive one can knock someone out in 2-3 hits is enough as it is let alone a 1 hit ko. Thoughts? 

Part of it depends on fortitude and melee as well.  I'm in a tribe and two of my tribe have seen the sheer difference in stats.  One has a high fortitude and has been able to take more hits without his torpor raising so quickly and the other has some intense melee and can knock people out rather quickly with the club.  We've been side by side hitting people and he's knocked the others out quite quickly.

4 minutes ago, Shadowless28 said:

Part of it depends on fortitude and melee as well.  I'm in a tribe and two of my tribe have seen the sheer difference in stats.  One has a high fortitude and has been able to take more hits without his torpor raising so quickly and the other has some intense melee and can knock people out rather quickly with the club.  We've been side by side hitting people and he's knocked the others out quite quickly.

Yes that's true but if someone has an ascendant club and decent melee there really isn't anyone he can't knock out unless they have riot.

im just saying I don't think there should be blueprint quality clubs since they are already very powerfull

1 minute ago, Taconite said:

Yes that's true but if someone has an ascendant club and decent melee there really isn't anyone he can't knock out unless they have riot.

im just saying I don't think there should be blueprint quality clubs since they are already very powerfull

Agree, if anything make it like the torch.  Higher BPs increase durability only.

13 minutes ago, Taconite said:

I've had ascendant clubs and had them used on me also.  I mean come on honestly for arguments sake you are essentially hitting someone with a giant piece of wood.  What could you possibly wear that would make that less effective or hurt less except riot gear.  I would imagine getting hit in the head with a flak helmet on would ring your bell quite nicely.  I prefer the stepping qualities offered for the bps on clubs.  I don't have a maxed out melee toon nor do I really want one considering I do a lot of building so weight and fortitude are where my points go. 

4 minutes ago, Shadowless28 said:

I've had ascendant clubs and had them used on me also.  I mean come on honestly for arguments sake you are essentially hitting someone with a giant piece of wood.  What could you possibly wear that would make that less effective or hurt less except riot gear.  I would imagine getting hit in the head with a flak helmet on would ring your bell quite nicely.  I prefer the stepping qualities offered for the bps on clubs.  I don't have a maxed out melee toon nor do I really want one considering I do a lot of building so weight and fortitude are where my points go. 

I have a friend that just got this game 3 days ago. He spawned in on the beach at lvl 1 I found him and gave him some basic stone tools, spear and a club. We saw a guy in full flak across the river looking at us, he started swimming across. I told my friend to take out the club and jump into the water and start hitting him, he knocked him out, drowned him and the took all of his stuff. He had two sets of mostly undamaged flak and two sets of metal tools, presumably carrying stuff that his friend had lost when he died. My freind now lvl two after killing this lvl 81 player with a club that he doesn't even have unlocked yet now has skipped through every single noob teir and now has full flak and metal tools. He gave the second set to me and we went around killing raptors and getting explorer nodes to level him up. I'm just saying that clubs are a bit crazy good. Not that I don't agree the guy he killed made some bad descisions and sucks but still.

7 minutes ago, Taconite said:

I have a friend that just got this game 3 days ago. He spawned in on the beach at lvl 1 I found him and gave him some basic stone tools, spear and a club. We saw a guy in full flak across the river looking at us, he started swimming across. I told my friend to take out the club and jump into the water and start hitting him, he knocked him out, drowned him and the took all of his stuff. He had two sets of mostly undamaged flak and two sets of metal tools, presumably carrying stuff that his friend had lost when he died. My freind now lvl two after killing this lvl 81 player with a club that he doesn't even have unlocked yet now has skipped through every single noob teir and now has full flak and metal tools. He gave the second set to me and we went around killing raptors and getting explorer nodes to level him up. I'm just saying that clubs are a bit crazy good. Not that I don't agree the guy he killed made some bad descisions and sucks but still.

In that situation i would blame that lvl 81 for not being prepared and not the club. It is also possible that he tried to give those 2 sets of tools to you... well, he succeed.

5 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

In that situation i would blame that lvl 81 for not being prepared and not the club. It is also possible that he tried to give those 2 sets of tools to you... well, he succeed.

Yes true but my main point is the club is already good, why should there be better blueprint qualities for it? Especially when it only promotes trolling.

45 minutes ago, Taconite said:

I two hit a tribemate with 124 fortitude with 250% melee and an ascendant club ;) 

well to give this a realistic outlook (even though the game is not meant to be realistic) look at it this way.

Club=Baseball Bat

I hit you in head in real life you will probably go night night.

Then lets take a MLB player. ummm how about Miggy or Someone small but with a well focused swing like Brian Dozier.

If they were to walk up to someone in person wearing some sort of riot gear and wack a mole them upside the noggin with a wooden bat then i am sure the person is going night night.

Yea i see the point of gun vs. club gun should win but in reality who brings home the big money at the end of the day? Guys wearing riot gear or MLB players swinging wooden bats all day?

Mind=Blown

1 minute ago, 2pac22 said:

well to give this a realistic outlook (even though the game is not meant to be realistic) look at it this way.

Club=Baseball Bat

I hit you in head in real life you will probably go night night.

Then lets take a MLB player. ummm how about Miggy or Someone small but with a well focused swing like Brian Dozier.

If they were to walk up to someone in person wearing some sort of riot gear and wack a mole them upside the noggin with a wooden bat then i am sure the person is going night night.

Yea i see the point of gun vs. club gun should win but in reality who brings home the big money at the end of the day? Guys wearing riot gear or MLB players swinging wooden bats all day?

Mind=Blown

Lol, interesting way of looking at it

If they don't bola you or manage to defend themself with a Pike that has more range and knockback than the club, it's their fault.

5 minutes ago, Taconite said:

I wish there was a better way of countering it that didn't involve riot gear. If it's a primitive club I can usually counter with stimulant but if its ascendant there is no time at all

There are plenty of ways.

-Bola

-Shotgun

-Pike

-Dinos to guard you

Ever tried to have a well-levelled Dimorph or an Archa? If you get knocked out by a guy with a club, your shoulder mount kills him.

8 minutes ago, Taconite said:

I wish there was a better way of countering it that didn't involve riot gear. If it's a primitive club I can usually counter with stimulant but if its ascendant there is no time at all

Ascendant club requires level 85 to obtain. And it isnt as powerful as it was since devs capped blueprints to 285%. Fortitude helps, stims help, shoulder mounts help, usual mounts help, riot gear helps... Whats more do you need?

i feel like i have seen this topic numerous times already... its getting old.

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

If they don't bola you or manage to defend themself with a Pike that has more range and knockback than the club, it's their fault.

There are plenty of ways.

-Bola

-Shotgun

-Pike

-Dinos to guard you

Ever tried to have a well-levelled Dimorph or an Archa? If you get knocked out by a guy with a club, your shoulder mount kills him.

That's actually a good idea, I have a lvl 262 vulture, maybe I should use that

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Taconite said:

A well placed bola counters clubs just fine.

Just now, Taconite said:

That's actually a good idea, I have a lvl 262 vulture, maybe I should use that

It's how it works in a Rock-Scissor-Paper game. It's what makes you be good at a game. Thinking outside the box and finding solutions. Riot is obviously the easiest, but as mentioned, there are plenty other ways and I'm sure there are even more.

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

Ascendant club requires level 85 to obtain. And it isnt as powerful as it was since devs capped blueprints to 285%. Fortitude helps, stims help, shoulder mounts help, usual mounts help, riot gear helps... Whats more do you need?

i feel like i have seen this topic numerous times already... its getting old.

But really who ever uses ascendant clubs other than trolls? I mean I have one but other than knocking out tribmates to transfer items I never use it. I just think ark would be better without them

2 minutes ago, Taconite said:

But really who ever uses ascendant clubs other than trolls? I mean I have one but other than knocking out tribmates to transfer items I never use it. I just think ark would be better without them

But if you don't use them, you don't OHKO people with like 30 fortitude and riot. I made a calculation of the clubs Torpor a while ago and I remember you need like 3 hits or so with a Primitive club on Riot by default.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

It's how it works in a Rock-Scissor-Paper game. It's what makes you be good at a game. Thinking outside the box and finding solutions. Riot is obviously the easiest, but as mentioned, there are plenty other ways and I'm sure there are even more.

Yes I do agree, and I can proudly say that I have only lost all my stuff to one troll with a club and that's because I didn't know he had one until he was in my face 1 hit ko, he had full flak on that he stole from someone else to So i was expecting a gun or pike fight

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

But if you don't use them, you don't OHKO people with like 30 fortitude and riot. I made a calculation of the clubs Torpor a while ago and I remember you need like 3 hits or so with a Primitive club on Riot by default.

Other than dupers who actually goes around there everyday ark life in riot though? Hardly nobody because it is heavy and a pain to repair

Archived