GrayJedi42

Overuse of TEK in marketing

Recommended Posts

PuffyPony    563
31 minutes ago, Casanova said:

The reason we put a lot of Tek in the new Launch Trailer is that at launch we are releasing the new Tek Skins and new Tek Sword and Shield, so we used the Launch Trailer to show off those new things also. 

But no clues for Ascension content? :) or were there some that we overlooked (beyond the crazy Droideka dudes)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SmokinLion    0
1 hour ago, BeardO said:

lol yeah well what you can't do in SP is everything else in the trailer like run around with a bunch of friends raping and pillaging.  SP in this game is great fro checking things out, complete poop for actual playing....this is obviously my opinion.

Well it sounds fun but for us who play on PS4 it's just a dream since I'm happy I can pass my neighnours base without lag or dropping fps to 0. I have difficulties fighting wild dinos because of the terrible FPS and lag so when I have troubles hitting a Rex with my bow then imagine how painful it would be to fight against other players :D This game is a disaster on PS4, let's hope the release and the new servers change this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casanova    812
3 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

But no clues for Ascension content? :) or were there some that we overlooked (beyond the crazy Droideka dudes)?

The whole first part of the trailer is a tease for the End-Game content ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PuffyPony    563
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Casanova said:

The whole first part of the trailer is a tease for the End-Game content ;) 

Man now I'm going to spend the next 36 hours trying to figure out what that means before the update drops :) Excited to see it finally come, though! You guys have all done a stellar job

Edited by PuffyPony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killerfurby    16
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Casanova said:

The reason we put a lot of Tek in the new Launch Trailer is that at launch we are releasing the new Tek Skins and new Tek Sword and Shield, so we used the Launch Trailer to show off those new things also. 

i still didn't see a tek jerboa... nobody likes them anymore... those poor little buggers :(

but 2 of the most useless dinos got tek... trike and stego. what comes next, tek lymantria? lol

Edited by Killerfurby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naerah(Qc)    189
48 minutes ago, Killerfurby said:

i still didn't see a tek jerboa... nobody likes them anymore... those poor little buggers :(

but 2 of the most useless dinos got tek... trike and stego. what comes next, tek lymantria? lol

Trike and stegos are just skins, so i eard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NickSmith76    21
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Casanova said:

The reason we put a lot of Tek in the new Launch Trailer is that at launch we are releasing the new Tek Skins and new Tek Sword and Shield, so we used the Launch Trailer to show off those new things also. 

Which is still the bottom 10% of the whole gameplay.  Eye candy, nothing more.  For example, the WHOLE TEK saddle concept is bascially not usable in its current form,  first because the element requirements second because TEK saddle armour - THE important stat of the saddles - is fixed and way lower than the colored saddles. 

So I agree with the OP, I think he really grasped the problem with the  release marketing - it is VERY misleading. But hey, we know, marketing is JUSt about that in our world :D

Edited by NickSmith76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Megar    31
9 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Man now I'm going to spend the next 36 hours trying to figure out what that means before the update drops :) Excited to see it finally come, though! You guys have all done a stellar job

Dude not that hard, once you complete the TEK Cave you get to fight on foot with those, and you see all the poop they have to control us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ciabattaroll    1268
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NickSmith76 said:

Which is still the bottom 10% of the whole gameplay.  Eye candy, nothing more.  For example, the WHOLE TEK saddle concept is bascially not usable in its current form,  first because the element requirements second because TEK saddle armour - THE important stat of the saddles - is fixed and way lower than the colored saddles. 

So I agree with the OP, I think he really grasped the problem with the  release marketing - it is VERY misleading. But hey, we know, marketing is JUSt about that in our world :D

I don't see it as that, though I get where you're coming from. To me, the display was to showcase what the player could expect, something that's unfortunately flown over the heads of a lot of the early access playerbase during the games formative years.

I mean, lets use the dragon as an example. The dragon is at the end of ARK's very first trailer ever. You see it breathe fire on the upcoming survivors. Fast forward to Scorched Earth's release and you had people complaining "you put in fantasy creatures in my dino game!" when Wildcard never bothered to hide that fantasy would be part of the game.

Then move on to tek. Tek as a tier has been in the works since near the very start. I remember Jat talking in a stream around or near the end of summer of 2015 about tek tier. Then (whilst not directly related to tek) developers stated on the very first charity stream that shows like Dino Riders and Dinosaurs & Cadillacs played a role in inspiring them to creating ARK, the former of which blended high tech weaponry/structures with dinosaurs. Following that, more teases about the tek tier came, first in teasing a powered armor. It wasn't until the PCGamer teaser video of the tek armors came out that people started complaining about tek gear, as though they were just blind to all that came before the trailer.

Now fast forward to here and now. This trailer establishes what players can hope to obtain, or at least what can be achieved in this game, that way no one goes around with the complaint of "you got [insert thing here] in my dino game!".

As for the tek vs regular saddles thing, tek tier is supposed to be a good alternative, but not an overpowering upgrade.

Edited by ciabattaroll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think The Trailer was Good he shows us what we can do in Ark in Endgame!

But im worry about the length of the Trailer.Wildcard can put more Things in and Show The Rest of the Ark's Survival Life: Haircuts,Tames,Dinos,Wyvern,All Three Official Maps, and more.

But When they think its Good as a Trailer than let we do her work and Hope for more ,,Friendly'' Player Base.

Finally The Game was the game wich People have more than 2-3k of hours.

Also must be a good Game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BillyBob331    1
15 hours ago, Casanova said:

The reason we put a lot of Tek in the new Launch Trailer is that at launch we are releasing the new Tek Skins and new Tek Sword and Shield, so we used the Launch Trailer to show off those new things also. 

I hope this works. Tek is pretty cool man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VIKAS    48
22 hours ago, Megar said:

0:00 - 0:07 is the ascension cave, you've had to beat 3 of the bosses to get to there, so you already have TEK stuff

0:16 - 0:22 TEK Structures

0:25 - 0:30  TEK stuff 

The ending lasts 10 seconds (0:52 to 1:02) so

There are 18 seconds out of 52, which is 34% of the trailer. They exaggerated, but still, 1/3 of the official trailer is something that unless you're alpha and you've spent a lot of time into the game, you won't get.

I call bullpoop to all the people that says that TEK is only reachable to alphas. This is pure bad information and you are misleading a lot of people letting them think that the only way to obtain is to be alpha.

I serious start thinking that all the pople that is mad at TEK tier are raiders that don't even know how to build the metal structures and for that they call themselves unable to do TEK.

Sorry for the tone of the message but I have seen this today 3 times. And relating duping to TEK or in this case saying that only alphas have TEK access is a lie. And lies do a lot of damage.

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Megar    31
23 minutes ago, VIKAS said:

I call bullpoop to all the people that says that TEK is only reachable to alphas. This is pure bad information and you are misleading a lot of people letting them think that the only way to obtain is to be alpha.

I serious start thinking that all the pople that is mad at TEK tier are raiders that don't even know how to build the metal structures and for that they call themselves unable to do TEK.

Sorry for the tone of the message but I have seen this today 3 times. And relating duping to TEK or in this case saying that only alphas have TEK access is a lie. And lies do a lot of damage.

Regards.

If the an Alpha of a server is allowing other people to do bosses and get TEK things, then the Alpha tribe is a bad alpha tribe. You have to control your server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PuffyPony    563
3 hours ago, Megar said:

Dude not that hard, once you complete the TEK Cave you get to fight on foot with those, and you see all the poop they have to control us.

Somehow I don't feel that's the extent of it. Like Chris said, the beginning was a tease, not a full reveal of what's coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VIKAS    48
44 minutes ago, Megar said:

If the an Alpha of a server is allowing other people to do bosses and get TEK things, then the Alpha tribe is a bad alpha tribe. You have to control your server.

Yes, is a bad alpha tribe that have not had any kind of problem in a lot of time working with the others not suppressing the others.

You know, TEK is not the problem is the alpha as you are talking about it. So point your problems in the right direction TEK don't made a tribe Alpha of the server, the server has an alpha a lot of time before TEK exists.

TEK could help then to entertain themselves and not to be bored and raid other tribes (mainly real reason of most raids nowadays).

So TEK could even have helped you instead of (i don't know how you feel about it).

And also, as I have said you don't like TEK make a server (it's easy and don't need any kind of monstrous PC to it) restrict that engrams and play the way you feel the game should be because you can do it (a lot of other games you are "stuck" with the devs visions because is hardcoded and can not be configured). So please think a little before pointing problems in the wrong direction.

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killerfurby    16
8 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

 

As for the tek vs regular saddles thing, tek tier is supposed to be a good alternative, but not an overpowering upgrade.

ok, and when can we expect completely unbalanced OP tek saddles to get nerfed, to what they are supposed to be? they still outrange  vanilla turrets, don't they?

and what exactly happend to: "we don't want to add high tech stuff to help you,  because thats what dinos are for" ?  oh wait that was said more than a year ago , so it doesn't count anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dminus    4
37 minutes ago, Killerfurby said:

ok, and when can we expect completely unbalanced OP tek saddles to get nerfed, to what they are supposed to be? they still outrange  vanilla turrets, don't they?

Tek saddles have the same range as a turret set to medium, I'm pretty sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now