ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Any chance we'll get a breeding function for survivors? Be real beneficial for solo players as you could build up your tribe with npc survivors. If npc player dies,  it'd be the same as if a tame dies. Maybe even add a feature to switch survivors so you could play as different tribe members with different stat builds. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can I ask:

1.Where are all the new servers that you promised when we left Legacy forced closure or otherwise.

2.Are they any plans on better communicating feedback to the players from questions asked on any platform (facebook, reddit, twitter etc)

3.Are you honestly expecting players (see points 1 and 2 above) for shell out for another DLC thats going to appear to be unsupported (see points 1 and 2 above)

1) On the Xbox (and I suspect PS4/PC), while in your inventory and a second inventory, the LB button will transfer everything from the second inventory to your inventory. Can this be changed so that when pressed all of the selected item (all wood or all stone, etc.) is transferred between the inventory. To retain the transfer all, can a long press of LB be used to perform the action?

2) Will there be a discounted Season Pass for Xbox for those that picked up Scorched Earth before the official release?

Could we see some primitive armor for our creatures? Obviously these would also be saddles for rideable creatures, but i'd love armor plating for my wyvern. 

Could the griffin be given some more attacks? I feel like it needs the wing attack that wyverns have that push back enemies, using it right out of a dive would work as an airbrake but also deals even more knockback than a standard wing attack. 

Will turrets have a tlc pass? I feel like they're oversized a look kinda ridiculous. I feel like the ballista should be mobile, it could be pushed (faster with 2-3 people) with slightly further range and slower drop. Neeeeds explosive bolts for sieges. Minigun and rocket launcher turrets need some serious work to what they look like and how they function. Feels like little more than a glorified machine gun, it should be tearing stuff up, like in 'Predator'. Id like to also see smaller turrets mounted to half-walls.

Can we please, at least, have the option to turn on breeding for Wyverns, Griffins, and maybe the phoenix on Private Servers.  i understand that things like the centipede or Mantis might be hard, because of the different forms they might go through, but these 3 just need to start small and get bigger like the other creatures do. it'd also be cool if, for the phoenix, hatching the egg required throwing it into lava or something special like that, but again id settle for it just hatching like normal and getting bigger.

Back Digest 28? ( i think) there was mention of possible mechanized transport as well as airships, is this still a possibilty? As far as "mechanized transport" i think i Tek Mech would be awesome, like the movie "Avatar".

Will Aberration feature a new plant species? Plant Species Z maybe? I like the idea of a huge carnivorous plant.

Can we get higher tier versions of the throwing spear? 

How about some new foods that relate to the main crops? Currently there are 4 main crops in game, Rockkarots, Citronal, Longgrass, and Savroot.(carrots, lemons, corn, and potatos) Right now their current use is primarily for various kibbles, and other recipes like bug repellent and other consumables. But what about just a normal food item? Like, for example, you put some Savroot in the industrial cooker, and get some baked potatoes that fill you up about as much as cooked prime meat. 0r roasted corn, lemonade, grilled carrots, ect. It would be a great way to have new food options, plus give the crops even more use than already. Also, it just makes sense, WHY wouldn't you eat your crops. This would make a great addition to the game, and I really hope to see it implemented.

P.s. Tek Refrigerator!!!??? :D

I have been hosting my own private server for a while now and recently set it up as a cluster so my players and I could transfer between the Island and SE.  As has always been the case for me, in order to see/connect to my server from my own LAN I have to select LAN from the ARK login screen, then everything works fine.  My external users (those connecting from the internet) can connect normally without issues.  However, when I go to transfer my character from the Island to SE my cluster server doesn't show up as there is no "LAN" option given like there is on the initial game login screen.  I can upload data and creatures fine (equipment, dinos, etc), but the transfer character option doesn't see my server/cluster.  My external users can transfer their characters fine across my cluster (as they do not need the "LAN" option to see my cluster servers).  I've got all the ports setup properly (as my external users can see/connect/transfer on my cluster fine, but I (playing from my LAN) can not transfer my character.  Any chance this could get fixed so that unofficial server owners hosting/playing on their own LAN can cluster transfer?  Maybe give a "LAN" option on the character transfer screen like there is on the login screen at least?

On singleplayer when I go to an obelisk and upload the character it immediately changes to a screen to download my character back to the same map. When I hit "cancel" on the survivor download screen it then takes me back to the character creation screen. Hitting "esc" does not take me back to the main menu like it used to do in the past, where I could have then selected a different map to download my character. Now I am forced to alt-tab out of the game and use task manager to terminate the "shootergame" process, restart the game, and then select the different map to download my character to. If you do not use a cheat to save your game world prior to uploading your character, you may have duplicate dinos/items left behind on the original map upon return, since you had to forcefully terminate "shootergame." This is a very sloppy way of transferring a character on singleplayer, but the only one that works at the moment. Could you please fix this so that we can once again "escape" back to the main menu after uploading a character on singleplayer, and subsequently download them properly to a different map?

@Jat@Jen@JeremyStieglitz  hey bud, i have some ideas regarding dinosaur changes,

the mammoth, could you make it so that left click attacks can be executed whilst moving? while it makes sense to be in one spot while stomping, the head moving gather should be able to be done while moving, making wood gather far more useful, like the beaver can.

secondly, the dunkleosteus and ankylosaur, is there a possibility of halving the weight of obisidian in both these creatures? while both adapt at gathering metal, they are also great at gathering obsidian, the problem being that you can't carry a lot due to the weight.

thanks for reading, hope to get a respo9nse from yourself.

Will we be seeing 1st/3rd person animations in the future for mounting dinos rather than simply teleporting into the saddle? gotta be a way of explaining how one gets on the giga's back other than "magic, duh." [emoji14]
I agree.

Posted from my [device_name] using http://ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

What is the auto decay timer for a single wood foundation? I had a smithy on one foundation inside my base, next to large storage boxes so I could make behemoth gates. Made 11 of them and left them on the smithy. Logged in today to see that the foundation was auto decayed! All of my gates gone.

Also, why are the little itchy birds so aggressive? They attack dinos and sotrage boxes without being provoked. Lost a box and a ptera saddle because of them.

Correction, all of my dinos saddles are gone. Why? Just played yesterday. They were all primitive

1. I know cross platform isn't in the future,  but anyway you can implement a transfer feature that generates a code with your survivors build and stats so you can bring your survivor with you if you play on multiple platforms (ps4, xbox one, steam). Have friends that play on different platforms and it would be nice to focus on one survivor.  

2. Any way we can get a list of the ark clusters other than at the obelisk? Tired of getting to an obelisk and get killed while I'm trying to decide where to go lol. Plus cluster list would make it easier to coordinate with other survivors at different arks.

Thanks for reading.

The new Ark Aberation pack looks awesome!

I noticed that we will be getting rechargeble batteties with this pack. Is there also going to be a flashlight with it?

Also, do you think we could get more fire/ice/lighting/wind inspired weapons? For example, like a jet gun or flame arrows that can be crafted outside of scorched earth?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived