Broken Game

AKcorey47

Where to begin... I play on a pvp server with a friend. We can't have anything unless we hide it. And even when we do, eventually someone finds it and blows it up. People kill our tames. But that's to be expected, it is pvp after all. Other tribes have more people and put more time into the game. My gripe is that whenever I'm trying to get things done... to progress... so I can stand a fighting chance against these big tribes and trolls who kill my tames, the game griefs me. What do I mean by this? Well, I get disconnected from the game, or the servers go back in time and I lose progress that way. The game is broken. It's not ready for a full release. It's frustrating. When I die and go to retrieve my items and my body is nowhere to be found... I want to uninstall the game. Maybe It glitched under the map or ascended to the heavens above. Who knows. If that's not bad enough then what about the dinos? The Pegomastax steals your items. Not so bad, you can chase it down and knock it out easily. The Ichthyornis will swoop down and take your most valuable item in my experience, It's nearly impossible to hit with a spear, and even if you have a spear, it will take that away from you too, leaving you defenseless. Troodons will knock you out and run around you in circles. Makes me feel like I'm being T bagged. I upgraded my character's movement speed, so I can usually outrun them, BUT... the game has lag spikes at the worst times, especially when you're being pursued by a dino. This will cause you to freeze in place while the dino catches up to you and most likely injures or kills you. It's bad enough that everything and everyone in the game wants to kill me, but it's horrible that it's a laggy broken mess too. I don't know if I will continue playing as the Alpha tribes grow stronger and the small tribes get destroyed or forced into joining a huge tribe, meanwhile more dinos with abilities like stealing your items are added to the game. Maybe the next dino that is added will steal your credit card information. Rant over. I'm out.

The game rolls back, because they are patching in preparation for release... the only time approriate to bitch about lag will be after the release.

Ichthy does not steal items, they drop them right away (except for food).

If you just started to play ARK, this is probably the worst time in terms of stability and lags.

1 hour ago, TheSpirit said:

The game rolls back, because they are patching in preparation for release... the only time approriate to bitch about lag will be after the release.

If you just started to play ARK, this is probably the worst time in terms of stability and lags.

Wrong there, when an ichtyornis takes an item that can't be eaten and isn't a weapon, it's gone. it doesn't drop it. 

Every time i have narcotics in my inventory they take that, next narc arrows etc. I've tried to find these bag every time but have never found them again. Only the weapon u use drops to the ground....

Luckily they nerfed their health so you can mostly kill them in one swipe.

Oh also they steal from your dino to....

6 minutes ago, Griffin1984 said:

Wrong there, when an ichtyornis takes an item that can't be eaten and isn't a weapon, it's gone. it doesn't drop it. 

Every time i have narcotics in my inventory they take that, next narc arrows etc. I've tried to find these bag every time but have never found them again. Only the weapon u use drops to the ground....

Luckily they nerfed their health so you can mostly kill them in one swipe.

Oh also they steal from your dino to....

Hmm... I managed to find everything they stole. Havent had my narcs stolen, they might be coded as consumable, though. But then again, my experience with them stealing stuff is limited as I manage not to aggro them.

4 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I like how you first say it's okay that they kill your tames because it's PvP, but a sentence later you refer to anyone who kills your tame as a troll.

He's complaining about the DC, crashes and lags.  Not that they can kill it but that it gets killed because when he was able to defend he couldn't because of the problems,theres a difference 

Icthy doesn't steal anything but food items. If I have no food on me all they do is constantly attack me and do nothing. I have NEVER had them take an item from me.

Also you about not finding you dead body? Maybe you just not lookin hard enough because with the death helper that's been added it's a thousand times easier to find your body.

13 minutes ago, Goaty said:

Icthy doesn't steal anything but food items. If I have no food on me all they do is constantly attack me and do nothing. I have NEVER had them take an item from me.

Also you about not finding you dead body? Maybe you just not lookin hard enough because with the death helper that's been added it's a thousand times easier to find your body.

It's also important to note that if you're around wild dinos when you die, your body is being turned into poop when you get back.

I'm guessing you don't have oodles of recent experience at least OP. Most of the in game things you describe are pretty easy to counter once you get to a decent level and figure out what the counter is. For example: I can't remember the last time I got knocked out by a Troodon, and as a solo PvP player I probably spend more time on foot than most.

The technical issues you describe, yeah I can agree, it's frustrating as hell when those things happen. Playing Ark for a while, but with long breaks, overtime A LOT of technical problems have been fixed (I play on PC), but as been mentioned in the short run things have gotten a bit rough. Especially with the release delay I have some hope that they'll release a game that isn't critically broken anywhere.

Ark is amazing, which is why i keep coming back to it, but the frustration is real especially when issues snowball. I mentioned those long breaks? That's usually after something like getting most of my stuff wiped raided, then getting disconnected over the swamp on my last ptera, dying, then running back to try to find the ptera, to have my stims stolen by a pego, then get bitten by snakes, passing out as something eats my last ptera in front of my eyes. Rage quit, break time, and I LOVE how brutal Ark is.

But like I said, I keep coming back :D

It's even worse if you die underwater. They broke bags and now if you're at a certain depth, good luck. You're not going to find it. It just disappears. If you're shallow enough, it'll sink straight to the bottom, but in my experience, the marker's broken as can be in the water.

The other day, I was farming with my tribemate in the snow, and I forgot to put my fur on. My fault, I know. It was a complete brainfart. He's landing so that I can put my stuff in our quetz before I die and I can just respawn, we can finish the run. Whatever. As he landed, I got off the anky and died nearly instantly. I didn't have the time to store my possessions. After dying, I saw the glimpse of my own death as per usual, except.. my body was jumping all over the area and flying into the sky. I respawn, grab a bird. I'm looking all over this area. High, low, left right. Doesn't matter. It was gone. It could have been prevented, sure. But even then, my body shouldnt do that. WC's ragdoll physics are absolute garbage.

Another thing that I'm really tired of -- What's this ordeal where my dinos aren't actually where I see them? It's getting really annoying. My tribemates have experienced the same thing. I'll see them trying to pick up a dino that isn't even close to where they're grabbing, but on their screen, they're right on top of it. Unless you have a partner with the true location, it can be nearly impossible to know where your dino is standing. They get stuck in the air CONSTANTLY. They don't react to mounting/whips, anything like that when they're in this state. It's busted.

7 hours ago, Xelanie said:

It's even worse if you die underwater. They broke bags and now if you're at a certain depth, good luck. You're not going to find it. It just disappears. If you're shallow enough, it'll sink straight to the bottom, but in my experience, the marker's broken as can be in the water.

The other day, I was farming with my tribemate in the snow, and I forgot to put my fur on. My fault, I know. It was a complete brainfart. He's landing so that I can put my stuff in our quetz before I die and I can just respawn, we can finish the run. Whatever. As he landed, I got off the anky and died nearly instantly. I didn't have the time to store my possessions. After dying, I saw the glimpse of my own death as per usual, except.. my body was jumping all over the area and flying into the sky. I respawn, grab a bird. I'm looking all over this area. High, low, left right. Doesn't matter. It was gone. It could have been prevented, sure. But even then, my body shouldnt do that. WC's ragdoll physics are absolute garbage.

Another thing that I'm really tired of -- What's this ordeal where my dinos aren't actually where I see them? It's getting really annoying. My tribemates have experienced the same thing. I'll see them trying to pick up a dino that isn't even close to where they're grabbing, but on their screen, they're right on top of it. Unless you have a partner with the true location, it can be nearly impossible to know where your dino is standing. They get stuck in the air CONSTANTLY. They don't react to mounting/whips, anything like that when they're in this state. It's busted.

Literally 'just' happened to me. Apparently a Cnidaria randomly started attacking my boxes(they do that?), broke them(how can they even do that?), and then the game completely ate every last one of those high level items within them. No recovery. Only instant annihilation. It's great, and we love this mechanic. We deeply enjoy working for something that's either going to disappear randomly or get rolled back(which is basically also randomly vanishing, considering rollbacks are just that randomized). Best part: We don't dupe, so when the game eats our items via whichever way, there's no way for us to get them back considering we don't have countless amounts like most others. I guess thats where we went wrong, right? If the players don't troll you, the game will most certainly stop at nothing to do so. Please continue this because its what makes this game "Iconic" right now.

Gooood tiiimes...  

3 minutes ago, Masurao said:

Literally 'just' happened to me. Apparently a Cnidaria randomly started attacking my boxes(they do that?), broke them(how can they even do that?), and then the game completely ate every last one of those high level items within them. No recovery. Only instant annihilation. It's great, and we love this mechanic. We deeply enjoy working for something that's either going to disappear randomly or get rolled back(which is basically also randomly vanishing, considering rollbacks are just that randomized). Best part: We don't dupe, so when the game eats our items via whichever way, there's no way for us to get them back considering we don't have countless amounts like most others. I guess thats where we went wrong, right? If the players don't troll you, the game will most certainly stop at nothing to do so. Please continue this because its what makes this game "Iconic" right now.

Gooood tiiimes...  

I feel you. It's hard to be a player that doesn't dupe. Everyone's always ahead, and no matter what you do, you will never catch up. We've lost so much gear, so many tames, anything like that, to bugs. I hate that the game is being pushed to release when things like this are so apparent. There's so much to fix.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:17 AM, TheSpirit said:

the game rolls back because DUPERS CRASH THE SERVER TO REPLICATE ITEMS to further their strangehold of the game and make it easier to ruin the things you GRINDED for.

BETA's are for fixing problems... not post-launch. lol....?

what he meant to say was that he is practicing for law school and just wants to argue against everything you say even though you have very valid concerns . thank you for providing constructive feedback.

I'll add these to your list of broken:

broken is losing your lvl 100 character to the cloud with over 2000 hours of playtime (imprints, base, multiple dinos) while transfering between Island and SE with no hope of recovery.

broken is having griffons, perlovia, thylas, Kapros, etc, glitching through the floor and turning invisible.

broken is having juvi babies starve to death right next to full troughs and inventories still full of food.

broken is duplication exploits being abused to assert dominance in PVP

broken is Dinos vanishing into thin air with no reason, no log, no deaths, no timout, no starvation while being personally owned and locked in your base fully enclosed being perfectly fine the night before when they were checked on

broken is dinos being swallowed by the world ground mesh like quick sand when you whistled it to follow you

broken is disconnecting while in mid air and relogging to see your flyer has decided to land on the other side of the map and not float or land near where you dc'd

broken is getting tackled off your terror bird mount by a Kapro and glitching it making it float in the air where 2 minutes later decides to drown in front of your eyes.

I've witnessed a lot of bizzare things in the last 8 months of playing. I hope after launch these will change.

18 hours ago, VVilIY said:

the game rolls back because DUPERS CRASH THE SERVER TO REPLICATE ITEMS to further their strangehold of the game and make it easier to ruin the things you GRINDED for.

BETA's are for fixing problems... not post-launch. lol....?

what he meant to say was that he is practicing for law school and just wants to argue against everything you say even though you have very valid concerns . thank you for providing constructive feedback.

Sure they dupe and that will be addressed as we see by the posts from WC. 

What I meant by telling to wait until launch and then bitch about problems was that WC are aware of the stuff mentioned (gods help them if they are not) and will try to fix it before launch, if they fail then we can light the torches and get our pitchforks out.

This is the most volatile time to play the game, which is expected so little time before launch.

Archived