When wildcard said the weren’t going to delay the full release of ark

BurntFlameZ

Yes they have met some of their original deadlines but they have missed more than they have hit, I've played since 2 weeks after it was released on console. I own it both on console and pc. Originally they did updates about twice a week and were on time but for over a year the company has went downhill. As far as they can fix more bugs during the 3 weeks.... ANYONE who has played for the past year or so can tell you that each "bug fix" multiplies the bugs, doesn't fix them. One thing to remember is that Wildcard is the same company that while in early access used the money from already purchased copies to NOT fix bugs but rather develop a paid DLC (Scorched Earth). So the mods and fan boys can say what they want, the product speaks for itself. Of course if you see this post watch how long it takes before its pulled from forums, every post Ive made recently that expresses the truth gets pulled. THATS the company were supporting.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so frustrated that I cannot have 100% accurate prognostications! If you cannot predict future events down to the minute by minute cause/effect circumstances of the prophecy in question, you have zero business even speaking. Better to have complete and abject SILENCE than to experience t revision of the original statement. I cannot bear to experience abrogation of any kind!

I will not follow false prophets! Woo Loo Loooooooooooo!

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, DisturbedKarma said:

Yes they have met some of their original deadlines but they have missed more than they have hit, I've played since 2 weeks after it was released on console.

And your point is? Nobody is denying they've missed more deadlines than they've met.

1 hour ago, DisturbedKarma said:

I own it both on console and pc. Originally they did updates about twice a week and were on time but for over a year the company has went downhill. As far as they can fix more bugs during the 3 weeks.... ANYONE who has played for the past year or so can tell you that each "bug fix" multiplies the bugs, doesn't fix them. One thing to remember is that Wildcard is the same company that while in early access used the money from already purchased copies to NOT fix bugs but rather develop a paid DLC (Scorched Earth). So the mods and fan boys can say what they want, the product speaks for itself. Of course if you see this post watch how long it takes before its pulled from forums, every post Ive made recently that expresses the truth gets pulled. THATS the company were supporting.

You haven't made posts since May, so not sure where you've dreamt this "every post i've made recently" garbage up. Nice try at stirring an empty pot.

well GP since you seem to forget what you even do on here let me REMIND you again..... I see the lack of quality doesnt stop with the game itself........

Qua

Yes they have met some of their original deadlines but they have missed more than they have hit, I've played since 2 weeks after it was released on console. I own it both on console and pc. Originally they did updates about twice a week and were on time but for over a year the company has went downhill. As far as they can fix more bugs during the 3 weeks.... ANYONE who has played for the past year or so can tell you that each "bug fix" multiplies the bugs, doesn't fix them. One thing to remember is that Wildcard is the same company that while in early access used the money from already purchased copies to NOT fix bugs but rather develop a paid DLC (Scorched Earth). So the mods and fan boys can say what they want, the product speaks for itself. Of course if you see this post watch how long it takes before its pulled from forums, every post Ive made recently that expresses the truth gets pulled. THATS the company were supporting.   

• Volunteer Moderator

well GP since you seem to forget what you even do on here let me REMIND you again..... I see the lack of quality doesnt stop with the game itself........

Have you reminded me what I do on here? That video has nothing to do with me. I think you seem to have lost track of what was being discussed here.

Someone said that ARK have NEVER met a deadline, I corrected them, and then you go babbling on about how they've missed more than they've met, yet not a single person here has denied that, but yet you continue to babble about the same thing? You have failed to make any relevant point.

12 hours ago, KingGalahad said:

No, they aren't required by law to give an ETA. They can do whatever they want. I think the most frustration with their ETAs is the fact they are so far out to lunch on them that they shouldn't even bother giving an ETA. The worst one was releasing Ragnarok for console. That was an E3 announcement (more than likely to garner more interest in the game) that PC would immediately be getting Ragnarok as a DLC and that it would be released on console on July 4th (They never once said it was an ETA, they said it WOULD be released on July 4th). Then a couple days before it was set to be released, they did post that it wouldn't be available as they had said at E3 and instead would be released July 12th (although that ETA only lasted a day before being changed to July 19th). Then, low and behold they once again came out and said it would be delayed further until August 8th to coincide with Ark's official release, but hey, because of this delay console players will be better off because more of the map will be finished. Lastly the most recent delay is until August 29th to coincide with the new official release date, but hey that means that it will be even more of a finished map that console will be getting. If you can't understand why people are frustrated with a company that announced a DLC would be coming onto console for July 4th and then delay it almost two months, you have a fairly narrow viewpoint of the world. I find it very frustrating when someone tells me one thing and then does another. A small delay would be reasonable, but a two month delay, that is just ridiculous.

As for the release date, although it doesn't bother me that the official release date has been pushed back, it does look bad for WC from a business perspective, and I can see why some players would be upset with that. Some of them may be planning to switch to the new servers to get a new start on ark away from the dupers and OP items that the legacy servers are rife with. Why you choose to come on the forum and complain about the people complaining really does perplex me. Why does it matter so much to you what other people complain about?

I think most people on the forums here are airing valid concerns. Yes, there is a matter of patience, but patience wears thin when ETAs are consistently wrong and pushed back. If WC hadn't announced Ragnarok for console at E3 and then not delivered on their announcement, there would be a lot less griping. To me, it seems that they have been biting off a lot more than they can chew lately, and should probably avoid making promises and ETAs that they can't deliver. 

As for anyone using the EA excuse for WC that boat has sailed. With the game having been certified Gold, it means that we are currently playing on the finished release (As the games are already being made for distribution) Although the game is still technically in EA, we are on the official release version.

Most of your post seems to relate to ragnarock which is a free dlc, so really nobody has a leg to stand on to complain that it's been delayed. It isn't paid for and is a nice bonus yeah, I wanna get on it too, but it's free so at the end of the day isn't priority for them so they can do as they wish with it. Hell look at primal survival, that's been delayed a whole lot longer than 2 month. 

I can see people's concerns, and feel them, but the constant whine and hate on the forums for the most simplest of things is just absurd. There are issues I have with the game, some of which have meant I've stopped playing as much as I had, but I won't come to the forum and post a rant threatening to leave. I'll just sit, take the extra time to play some other games whilst still playing ark for abit, and if the issues are fixed on release I'll come back or learn to adapt to them. It's all about patience and understanding. 

On 8/3/2017 at 10:45 PM, Ulta said:

I don't know why you feel like you need to be upset over something you're already deeming as 'trivial' . . .

Just to be clear, the relevant part underlined as follows:

On 8/3/2017 at 9:10 PM, RYN371 said:

Oh, good.  Reassuring...  then, it should just be business as usual, which circles back to being upset about the "official release" is not necessary, for the event is mostly asinine.

I was saying that one should not be upset by the delay.  The only thing I found potentially worrisome about the event was the language which seemed to indicate the game would be "complete" upon that event.  Carry on!

3 minutes ago, RYN371 said:

Just to be clear, the relevant part underlined as follows:

I was saying that one should not be upset by the delay.  The only thing I found potentially worrisome about the event was the language which seemed to indicate the game would be "complete" upon that event.  Carry on!

Ohhh. Well we agree then. It's annoying, but to be upset at a delay well...the delay was needed and this time wasn't even their fault anyway. So yeah. We should just have patience. Onward.

Archived