Let's talk Raiding in a dino game

ilShadow

Like the title states, in a dino game, why is raiding more about weapons of mass destruction than the dino's? Ill be honest C4 should be nerfed heavily, to like 25% or less of what it is now, along with other heavy weapons being nerfed. Mind you these changes should follow over into taming of certain dinos, like golems and titans. 

But why is raiding less focused on explosives, and more on Dino's. Doedic's and Anky's for sone base/wall destruction. Shoot Diplo's should do damage to say doors too. Diplo's would make great battering rams. 

On top of this, it would make griefing a lot harder, and you would have to work more towards it, not to mention giving dino's a grander purpose. Trikes, Stego's and Diplos for breaking down doors. (give more dino's the ability to damage just doors, from wooden to metal essentially like a battering ram mechanic). Give Raptors a pack bonus and jumping mechanic, this way they make better cavalry and infantry at once.

More than half of the Dino's in this game are practically useless after a certain point. Making them better for raiding, and more useful than craftable stuff for raiding, would really bring dino's back into focus for many players.

So lets discuss, changes to Dino's to make them more useful for raiding, and making them more useful in general. Because we can all admit, rockets and C4 are over used and making raiding pretty easy on all but the biggest bases and tribes. Making Dino's come more into focus would, really bring some excitement back into this game for me personally, and make it more time consuming to offline raid someone if you actually had to put some effort in with Dino's instead of easy moding with rockets and C4.
I am open to critics, provided you can give reasonable arguements. Bringing out salt cannons is not a reasonable argument.

9 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I'd be cool with that pertaining to stone, but I don't think dinos should be able to break metal. 

Why not? Anklyos can harvest metal and break the nodes. Doedic's can break metal nodes while only harvesting stone. Why shouldnt they be able to damage metal walls and gateways albeit at a lower rate? So for example, if a Titan does 500 damage to metal per hit, and Anklyo would do, 50, and a doedic would pull 25-35 damage to it.

Not to mention the battering ram mechanics i mentioned for gates in gateways, ways to break open gateways in different and more reliable ways. With those doors having an increasing amount of difficulty to break down, or even just force open without breaking it down.

14 minutes ago, ilShadow said:

Why not? Anklyos can harvest metal and break the nodes. Doedic's can break metal nodes while only harvesting stone. Why shouldnt they be able to damage metal walls and gateways albeit at a lower rate? So for example, if a Titan does 500 damage to metal per hit, and Anklyo would do, 50, and a doedic would pull 25-35 damage to it.

Not to mention the battering ram mechanics i mentioned for gates in gateways, ways to break open gateways in different and more reliable ways. With those doors having an increasing amount of difficulty to break down, or even just force open without breaking it down.

Because you could raid a base without any explosive. You just take a Trike or Bronto or Carbo, tank all the bullets then destroy everything with an Anky whistled.

2 minutes ago, Megar said:

Because you could raid a base without any explosive. You just take a Trike or Bronto or Carbo, tank all the bullets then destroy everything with an Anky whistled.

I can currently get into a base with less than 20 C4 using a couple shields and turtle to tank bullets. Currently Titan can break down a behemoth gate (metal) in 14 hits and a wall in 7. So roughly 1.4k per hit. if an Anky did do damage at even 1/5 of that (which is around what i suggest) it would still take an anky more hits to get through than it would take in C4. (it takes 3-4 C4 to take out a wall and 6-8 to take out a behemoth gate, slightly less for the gate itself.

Because Dino combat is unbalanced as hell. Imagine if you had no explosives or guns, only dinos to raid and defend. You get your Anky to destroy a wall, and you get picked up by a Ptera, boom, dead.

You fight in a mob of Rexes, get picked up, dead.

Explosives and guns are sadly way more effective at man tasks.

I am pretty sure you cannot focus on a dino combat with explosives and ranged weapons playing a very unimportant roles without limiting the amount of dinos.

1 hour ago, ilShadow said:

Being able to slingshot an ankylo a few times knock it out then feed it berries for an hour and it doing 50 more damage to metal structures is way too overpowered and would make titans pretty much useless because you have to farm a cannon, cannon balls, tame a quetz, reach level 97 build a quetz platform with a cannon then knock that titan out and put an extremely expensive saddle on it and it only does 500 damage to metal structures. You would have to be 97 to to easily tame a titan but level 15-20 to raid a metal base with an ankylo.

Archived