Tame times are too high

o0oNightmareo0o

On 26-7-2017 at 7:19 AM, Jostabeere said:

So you want to get like lvl 300+ dinos easily without spending multiple days?

I would rather do some caves our so called end game.stuff. and not boring things like sit wait feed click to imprint and start al over again.  Why someone breed our tame a giga on pve is beyond my iq. Nothing to do with it just breed for colors????

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26-7-2017 at 7:19 AM, Jostabeere said:

So you want to get like lvl 300+ dinos easily without spending multiple days?

I would rather do some caves our so called end game.stuff. andķ not boring things like sit wait feed click to imprint our wait till it is tamed for hours and start al over again.  Why someone breed our tame a giga on pve is beyond my iq. Nothing to do with it just breed for colors????

34 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Yeah they do... and those of us who played long before 2x became the normal rate found this topic weird (to put it lightly). This is not a game for a week or a month, this is long term game. If you dont want to play on official rates, dont play official. 

I've played the game before they boosted the stats and I still think the tame times are too long. I would prefer if they cut back on the time taken to tame and increased the resources required like the amount of kibble. I say this because the fun part about a tame is the knocking out of the dino. Not the waiting to feed or narc. I mean there is only a limited number of things that you can do away from a tame (depending on the tame of course). I do agree its a long term game, that asks you put the time in but I'll be honest the taming times are long and its boring. Some dinos have long torpor times and others have those extremly short times that require you to narc it every few minutes. Again, i'm not saying lets make it easy so that everybody has max level dinos in a week but I would prefer a better way of slowing down the process and I think changing the required amount of kibble/food helps while changing the times it take to tame. Also just to add, I know that amount that it eats effects the taming effectivness (correct me if I'm wrong) but what if they changed the way values decrease on effectivness so that it balances out that it requires less time but more food but still the same amount of effectivness at the end.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:58 PM, o0oNightmareo0o said:

The more and more I play, the more and more I start thinking how crazy some of these tame times are. Ark is starting feel like a game you don't play, but a game you live. The player reward vs. time put into the game seems incredibly meager. Why does the simplest task seem like it takes a lifetime?!? Want to appeal to the casual gamer and mainstream gamer entire spectrum? Reconsider some of the tame timers. And fixing eggs, thylas, and griffin falling through tiles would be a big bonus too. 

It's obvious you're new to the game, just because you believe taming to be too time consuming with the other elephants in the room such as breeding and tek. 

Between mutton, baby penguins,  kibble and evo events, with some multitasking and preparation, taming times only consist of obtaining mutton or prime and dosing narcotics. Really the time consuming part is finding the dino u want to tame, the search, and the ko,  but that's both pre tame, nothing to do with the tame times. 

Personally, I would complain about fast torpor rates where u do in fact, have to babysit a tame, but those r special cases and can be often avoided.

And tames are not a meager reward. Every tame pretty much is a multiplier (significant amount) to your gather rate as a human,  which lets you get way more done in your upcoming 2k hours. Example, find an Ovis on a 2x weekend, harvest it with a metal pick (don't even have to tame it) now u can tame a 150 argent, got yourself a 220 argent to mine metal and Chitin, kill alpha raptors, explore the map, opens up more easy taming with its pick up ability,  go make fur and ghillie set, etc, just getting from point a to b is faster, its so useful.

I prefer the 2x evo rates tho, it drops tame times so you can avoid any tame times over an hour or so in a playthrough. But I've played on the old rates solo as well, it's all doable. I remember having to wait til a weekend to fit the time window of a VIP tame into my schedule, but 2x is nice cause it opens up "after work" getting stuff done.

Oh, and do multiple tames at the same time whenever possible, part of the multitasking.

tames timer got already reduce to half it used to be. In my opinion, it is already good like it is. I think if you don't wanna spend time and effort on your tame, than sadly, you don't deserve it at some point. If everything took half a second to tame, nothing would be precious. Taming doesn't take much time compared to breeding.

1 hour ago, thec0median23 said:

I've played the game before they boosted the stats and I still think the tame times are too long. I would prefer if they cut back on the time taken to tame and increased the resources required like the amount of kibble. I say this because the fun part about a tame is the knocking out of the dino. Not the waiting to feed or narc. I mean there is only a limited number of things that you can do away from a tame (depending on the tame of course). I do agree its a long term game, that asks you put the time in but I'll be honest the taming times are long and its boring. Some dinos have long torpor times and others have those extremly short times that require you to narc it every few minutes. Again, i'm not saying lets make it easy so that everybody has max level dinos in a week but I would prefer a better way of slowing down the process and I think changing the required amount of kibble/food helps while changing the times it take to tame. Also just to add, I know that amount that it eats effects the taming effectivness (correct me if I'm wrong) but what if they changed the way values decrease on effectivness so that it balances out that it requires less time but more food but still the same amount of effectivness at the end.

The fun part of taming is having the dino.

The problem is not that every one would have max lvl dinos, but that they would have insane amount of dinos, because even now most people do. Spend 3 months in this game and how many dinos you will have 100? 200? There has to be something that makes you not want to tame willy nilly.

The problem I have with kibble is, as a solo player, I have to be in the base for pooptone of time to get decent amount of eggs. The time I waste in base I would rather put down a tame and narc it every 10-40 min while farming something else. I assume with tribemates kibble is easier to get, but then again taming is easier too. This is a game for tribes after all as we can see from most mechanics.

On 25/07/2017 at 11:49 PM, UDGxKnight said:

That it came out wild, I mean in reality that creature would owe no allegiance to you being a freshly hatched baby. I understand the imprinting process most creatures have about seeing their parents the first time they hatch and becoming attached to them, but something about it coming out wild feels right

Actually it's the opposite. Things are really only tame able Irl if raised from youth by humans. 

1 hour ago, Malko said:

tames timer got already reduce to half it used to be. In my opinion, it is already good like it is. I think if you don't wanna spend time and effort on your tame, than sadly, you don't deserve it at some point. If everything took half a second to tame, nothing would be precious. Taming doesn't take much time compared to breeding.

What a fun to sit i  front of your screen watch a bar move for 1 to 3+ hours.  And that is with  our mega lagging kibble (farms) 1 hour tamming im oke 3 hours 30 min for mega  is just crap. Everything above 1 hour and 30 min is waisted time. And breeding and imprinting is  major  waist time.  Rather not feed them and watch them in babytime. It totaly sucks a baby eats so much. If feed my baby rhis much im in jail because i feed it to dead. And why can't mom and dad dino suddenly not feed there own child..  im ok with filling the troughs but not ok with doing nothing in front of a game... a game is to play and not to watch, a movie is to watch....

Just make taming and breedimg shorter  and lvling harder. Lvling is fun

6 minutes ago, Awakatanka said:

What a fun to sit i  front of your screen watch a bar move for 1 to 3+ hours.  And that is with  our mega lagging kibble (farms) 1 hour tamming im oke 3 hours 30 min for mega  is just crap. Everything above 1 hour and 30 min is waisted time. And breeding and imprinting is  major  waist time.  Rather not feed them and watch them in babytime. It totaly sucks a baby eats so much. If feed my baby rhis much im in jail because i feed it to dead. And why can't mom and dad dino suddenly not feed there own child..  im ok with filling the troughs but not ok with doing nothing in front of a game... a game is to play and not to watch, a movie is to watch....

That's absolutely a valid opinion and playstyle preference. There are unofficial servers out there that will cater exactly to your preferences. Officials however, cater to people who want to play the game in an MMO type fashion. This entails enlisting friends to help cut long tames into shifts or you can do things solo given you have the allotted time and resources.

5 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

That's absolutely a valid opinion and playstyle preference. There are unofficial servers out there that will cater exactly to your preferences. Officials however, cater to people who want to play the game in an MMO type fashion. This entails enlisting friends to help cut long tames into shifts or you can do things solo given you have the allotted time and resources.

unofficial servers are not a.option on ps4. And if it is then you may hope the admin is honest and keeps the server up. Finding a server like that is almost a game  on it self

official servers could have a lot more options for all kind of playing styles. Why must all servers be 1x

There are options.  Play unofficial, don't tame, don't tame things that take stupid long times, breed (LOL).  Sorry had to put the breeding one in there, breeding is way worse than taming.  I would love taming to be faster, because I'm impatient, but it seems fine for me on official. If I really didn't like it, I could stand up my own server or find a faster rate unofficial.

1 minute ago, Awakatanka said:

unofficial servers are not a.option on ps4. And if it is then you may hope the admin is honest and keeps the server up. Finding a server like that is almost a game  on it self

I'm not super familiar with the console versions. Are you saying that there are no unofficial servers or that you have yet to find one you enjoyed?

My playstyle is such that I enjoy official rate PVE servers. When I started the game about 2 years ago, I tried official PVE servers and hated how cramped they were. I then paid to have a server hosted for me and opened it up to the public. 2 years later, I have added a second server to the cluster and the players help chip in on the hosting costs. 

If you don't enjoy official server rates, you only have several options.

1. Try to change Wildcard's minds - (I believe this is the least viable option)

2. Play on official servers anyways - (why play something you don't enjoy?)

3. Find a good unofficial server - (Yes, it may involve looking and trying out several until you find a good one)

4. Start your own server - (Requires some cash investment (~$30 per month) but can be alleviated if you get people to play on it that will chip in)

5. Stick to singe player - (Total control but forever alone)

Of course my opinion is tainted by survivorship bias, but I would opt for options 3 or 4.

8 minutes ago, Awakatanka said:

official servers could have a lot more options for all kind of playing styles. Why must all servers be 1x

Unofficials will be an option at release. 

It would be fun to see some faster rate officials, probably PvE but seasonal PvP could be interesting too.

20 minutes ago, Awakatanka said:

Just make taming and breedimg shorter  and lvling harder. Lvling is fun

*I WANT TAMES BUT IM NOT WILLING TO SPEND TIME ON IT *

If the game is time wasted for you thats your vision at some point, but what makes the powerful dinos rare is the time you gotta spend to raise them tame them. Breeding takes time, but its totally worth it since youll get powerfull mutations. If it was taking less time it would be overpowered. Same as to tame 150 animals which is reasonable in my opinion. Giga is pretty much the most end-game dino which takes 2 hours 13 mins with kibbles at level 150... Watch like 2 episodes of game of throne and its done lol

Edit: removed swares lol

8 minutes ago, SumDuud said:

Unofficials will be an option at release. 

It would be fun to see some faster rate officials, probably PvE but seasonal PvP could be interesting too.

I know it will be on release. But i think  and hope like you to see more  options on offical servers for different playing styles and i bet if the rate is.going.up on a few servers it will be the server where most want to play on.   

There would be more pvp action if it is faster tamming and breeding. And on pve the end game would be possible for more players.  

I do not want 1x server to be a 3x server anymore but i would have more option to choose from on offical servers.

1 hour ago, Awakatanka said:

I know it will be on release. But i think  and hope like you to see more  options on offical servers for different playing styles and i bet if the rate is.going.up on a few servers it will be the server where most want to play on.   

There would be more pvp action if it is faster tamming and breeding. And on pve the end game would be possible for more players.  

I do not want 1x server to be a 3x server anymore but i would have more option to choose from on offical servers.

I understand and agree that they should offer some higher-rate officials.  But they may not want to manage it with as many unofficials as there are.  I also feel like officials at higher rates should probably be seasonal and wipe a couple times a year.  Another option is just one cluster for each PvP and PvE, if you want officials at higher rates, you play with everyone else that does.  It would force PvP, but PvE could get out of hand with pillaring... maybe accelerate decay rates also.  It needs tweaking, but I can see a demand for it. 

5 hours ago, TheSpirit said:

Yeah they do... and those of us who played long before 2x became the normal rate found this topic weird (to put it lightly). This is not a game for a week or a month, this is long term game. If you dont want to play on official rates, dont play official. 

Umm ok. Nobody is saying it isn't long term.  And I've been playing official since day one buddy so yeah I've done brontos gigas and all other tames before the double xp or the permanent boost was implemented in official Xbox severs so you're not special. I still think the times are way too long and I find it weird that you find it weird.

4 hours ago, Awakatanka said:

I would rather do some caves our so called end game.stuff. andķ not boring things like sit wait feed click to imprint our wait till it is tamed for hours and start al over again.  Why someone breed our tame a giga on pve is beyond my iq. Nothing to do with it just breed for colors????

Understandable.

27 minutes ago, Rhyme2hot said:

Umm ok. Nobody is saying it isn't long term.  And I've been playing official since day one buddy so yeah I've done brontos gigas and all other tames before the double xp or the permanent boost was implemented in official Xbox severs so you're not special. I still think the times are way too long and I find it weird that you find it weird.

Just talking for the people I talked about this thread with. I don't assume ALL people who played before 2x have the same opinion...

3 hours ago, SumDuud said:

I understand and agree that they should offer some higher-rate officials.  But they may not want to manage it with as many unofficials as there are.  I also feel like officials at higher rates should probably be seasonal and wipe a couple times a year.  Another option is just one cluster for each PvP and PvE, if you want officials at higher rates, you play with everyone else that does.  It would force PvP, but PvE could get out of hand with pillaring... maybe accelerate decay rates also.  It needs tweaking, but I can see a demand for it. 

I think anymore server types would be extremely hard to maintain. Vanilla, extinction, primitive, primitive+, prim hc, vanilla hc, p+ hc, pvp orp and all these on 4 maps and pvp/pve. That is insane amount of different servers with different settings and some are played more and some almost not played at all. And adding boosted rate servers just to one type wouldn't work too, as others would want to play on their type with boosted rates too. Add more maps as DLCs, maybe some other mods going official and you have even more server types.
I really pity people on other platforms than PC, because I don't think they will ever have the same amount of unofficials to choose from. And IMO I don't think WC would waste money on servers just with some higher rates, when their support is non-existent on currently live ones.

10 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

I think anymore server types would be extremely hard to maintain. Vanilla, extinction, primitive, primitive+, prim hc, vanilla hc, p+ hc, pvp orp and all these on 4 maps and pvp/pve. That is insane amount off different servers with different settings and some are played more and some almost not played at all. And adding boosted rate servers just to one type wouldn't work too, as others would want to play on their type with boosted rates too. Add more maps as DLCs, maybe some other mods going official and you have even more server types.
I really pity people on other platforms than PC, because I don't think they will ever have the same amount of unofficials to choose from. And IMO I don't think WC would waste money on servers just with some higher rates, when their support is non-existent on currently live ones.

Fair point.  I'll be honest, I have been playing 7 months and I don't even know all of the various types of servers.  I've never had much reason to explore (mainly playing with friends that started a month or two before me) and WC doesn't really educate their players on options as far as I have seen.

7 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I've felt that pain, knocked out a 120 bronto about a month after release on xbox, 16 hours of mejo taming.

Tamed it on the beach opposite herb as that was where our base was at the time, once it stood up slapped on a basic saddle and tried to swim it across to the base on herb, didn't know back then about the game much, it ran out of stamina about 3/4 of the way and drowned.  16 hours of taming for it to die about 5 minutes later... live and learn xD

Ohhhh that is so harsh Dx I had a 3 hour beaver tame die too, brought him to the swamp and put him on passive for some reason, got Kod by a snake and watched through the fog as he got eaten by it X.x

On 7/25/2017 at 5:42 PM, JoVita said:

yes they are but if the time is shorter the game is boring and you dont know what to do i tried single with quick tame its not fun ;) wait and tame

I hear you.  I like the grind.  Otherwise, the game gets boring very fast.  Part of the fun is planning out when to tame what and when to breed what so I can maximize the little critter.

Archived