$60 for Ark? Will it be worth it?

Jtmorris

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy I paid 20$ for base game which I find is a fair price. 

Question you should ask and answer as honestly as possible is...if you didn't play the game so far, just saw an ad for it and at current price would you buy it ? Personal opinion, I am not sure. 

And as others said, its a grindfest. Main reason I stopped playing World of warcraft after 10 years is because I was bored of logging in daily just to do the daily quests to get some sort of token or some kind of reputation so I can stay ''competitive''. 

No one will tell you but if you get breeding, that's not a few hours a day to invest...it's a few too many days a week to invest. 

On 7/22/2017 at 8:56 AM, Pakku said:

Its not about the time you spend playing it, its about the quality of the product and ARK in its current state is not worth $60

I know that quality can be important, but I might push back and suggest that value is probably more connected to enjoyment than polish. There are some polished games that are junk and some 8 bit games that are buggy but amazing (like Bubble Bobble anyone?). 

Thoughts? 

10 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

I know that quality can be important, but I might push back and suggest that value is probably more connected to enjoyment than polish. There are some polished games that are junk and some 8 bit games that are buggy but amazing (like Bubble Bobble anyone?). 

Thoughts? 

I agree with you on that. I had been waiting for years for ff xv (was a huge fan of that franchise) to drop. I spent $80 on that game for a major disappointment. Overall worth is measured by enjoyment. I still occasionally break out some old ps1 classics that to this day are 10x better than any game out in recent years. Imo of course.

Honestly, with all the choices for game time out there, if you are spending 400+ hours on a game... yeah, it is worth 60 dollars. I really can't hear otherwise without cracking a grin.

But then... I am a proud capitalist. Happy to pay for the fruits of WC labors in building this game, the existence of which was never owed to me or a Natural Right.

And since I can assume everyone here has already paid the early rate, why the outrage? 

Oh wait... I know. Cuz moral outrage at Entrepreneurs and creating victimhood is what the cool kids are into now a days. ;) 

Archived