Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

On 6/14/2017 at 3:06 PM, Lucifina said:

They won't wipe they've already stated they wouldn't if they backstab their core it'll destroy their reputation and they'll lose the people that made the game what it is. Hell, it won't accomplish anything anyway large tribes will own everything within days only screwing the small guy if they did do that...

Completely false. Please don't slander the devs. They also stated everything is subject to change. Not everything that is said in the beginning is gospel. Just look at the Bible. New Testament then Old Testament 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ViennaJoe said:

Hello, I was told today that there should be from 8 August general server wipes?
Is that true?
I personally do not hope this, I work in a 40 hour job, I could never bring that again ...
The game is very close to my heart, have been here for over 3500 hours.

Even I will say that is not true. Regardless of what I think, there has been no official statement made.

a lot of people joke about it but it is no joking matter.

10 hours ago, SuperGenki said:

Personally I've always played as if there will be a wipe on release. This topic has been treaded and retreaded so many times over the last couple years. The devs have stuck strong to their guns that there would not be a wipe unless absolutely necessary..until recently when there have been some flip flop posts on the issue. Whatever the case, play like there will be one and then be pleasantly surprised if there isn't.

False

4 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

People are going to say that's a year old and could have changed, but thanks for including the reference!

Here's the link to the exact tweet if anyone is interested: https://mobile.twitter.com/arkjeremy/status/746297737675628544

I couldn't get there from @FredFlinstoner's link, but maybe doing something wrong.

I don't care if it was a year ago lol 

in march both Jesse and Jeremy with in an interview and they said even though they were "leaning" towards new servers, there still wasn't an official decision.

a month ago, kayd was on an interview and also said there was no official stance on it. However, he did say once a vote happened he would vote yes. 

It really doesn't matter what they said a year ago. It's called early access. The one thing that takes importance from everything they have said was "everything is subject to change"

I do not want a wipe. I play only PvE. Wipe to PvP is none of my business.

I see my build as a piece of art, a masterpiece. I never throw away artwork. To lose it all would feel like a deep loss and would emotionally hurt me. I have sentimental attachments to dinos (and I have tried not to, but I still get attached), and play only PVE.

I would be fine if new servers added for official launch would be isolated from early access servers, much like PvE is isolated from PvP and Primitive etc.

I would like a copy of the low pop servers that are getting wiped, I am quite content on Single Player.

I want to keep my sentimental dinos and my masterpieces as long as I am playing. I do not want to have to start fresh. I am a kind of player who has had the same Minecraft world for years, and as long as there is stuff to build, I see the playability as endless! Also, I never get bored, a feeling I only get if I dont have a PC.

I do not have any duped item. I dont see my playing with my dinos and building my builds as taking advantage of someone else, nor getting an upper hand. I keep to myself most of the time, or to tribes that I deeply trust. I dont need nor want my artwork and my pets deleted, because of someone else's bad.

For someone else to decide for me if I should be wiped, is infuriating. I do not agree.

Having low pop servers wiped is understandable, I am probably playing on one. Wiping low pop I can imagine would free up expensive hardware space (servers) for new players to build. A month advance warning is not enough time to move all my dinos and items to another server. However, two months is feesable.

P.S. To add a comparison to a game I played for years that was wiped... I went into deep depression for three months when The Sims Online (aka EA Land) was taken off the internet. Three months. I do not want to go through that again. The Sims was not a comparable replacement, the mechanics were too different.

Please let me keep my dinos and builds.

7 hours ago, GP said:

That tweet is a year old. Things change.

“Alright then, I’ve thought a lot about this, read a lot of commentary on the subject, and understand the time players have been putting into the game. Here is the final word on the matter: we will not be wiping the Official Servers on ARK’s release (and as mentioned, we will do everything in our power to ever avoid wiping — we all felt the sting from the launch duping bug all too well)

Regards,

Jeremy Stieglitz

Alright, so "final word" doesn't mean final?

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/343787283759101650/

20 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

I do not want a wipe. I play only PvE. Wipe to PvP is none of my business.

I see my build as a piece of art, a masterpiece. I never throw away artwork. To lose it all would feel like a deep loss and would emotionally hurt me. I have sentimental attachments to dinos (and I have tried not to, but I still get attached), and play only PVE.

I would be fine if new servers added for official launch would be isolated from early access servers, much like PvE is isolated from PvP and Primitive etc.

The same goes for me. A server wipe would diminish the remaining trust I have for WildCard.

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

I don't care if it was a year ago lol 

in march both Jesse and Jeremy with in an interview and they said even though they were "leaning" towards new servers, there still wasn't an official decision.

a month ago, kayd was on an interview and also said there was no official stance on it. However, he did say once a vote happened he would vote yes. 

It really doesn't matter what they said a year ago. It's called early access. The one thing that takes importance from everything they have said was "everything is subject to change"

Are you like one of those paid people that get paid to go on and post things from a developer positive view point? Not saying anything bad about you either way just wondering the angle there...

26 minutes ago, IntoDarkness said:

“Alright then, I’ve thought a lot about this, read a lot of commentary on the subject, and understand the time players have been putting into the game. Here is the final word on the matter: we will not be wiping the Official Servers on ARK’s release (and as mentioned, we will do everything in our power to ever avoid wiping — we all felt the sting from the launch duping bug all too well)

Regards,

Jeremy Stieglitz

Excellent post I believe this is what most were looking for thank you :-) I'm going to go hatch some Rex eggs...

1 minute ago, FredFlinstoner said:

That post was from the same time as tweet over a year ago but I agree they should stick to their word regardless.

Yes, I know but for whatever reason I couldn't find the thread to post it like that. This is what kept most of us here grinding it out instead of waiting it out on the sidelines. In my opinion you can't put something like that out there and then go back on it and expect to have anyone believe anything you or your company says after that. Honestly I find it hard to believe they haven't confirmed it here we all know they read these...

3 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

And they've also said they're contemplating it, then they said there would be no wipe and now they're saying (now = more recent than a year ago) that it's a possibility again. With one Dev actually going so far as to say it will be put to a vote before release and he is already voting for the wipe. 

I don't agree with you on that tho. Most "mega" tribes got to where they are using glitches and dupes. Most of which have been removed from the game or will be before release. Entire servers wiped due to tribes duping none stop dinos and weapons, or using glitches to take them out. Without being able to do those half of those tribes would quit or just be pathetic when faced with enemies at the same level. 

Even then they said they are leaning against a wipe and would much rather prefer to add some new servers and remove unused or low pop servers.

But you can dream right?

2 minutes ago, BookofBlade said:

I think as long as they open new servers and never allow them to mix with the ea servers everyone could win

To expand upon that, there are simply too many duped items and bases built with farming methods no longer viable full of items found in ways no longer available to ask new people to contend with so they need a separate place and it would suck to take things away from people so seems like the best compromise

2 hours ago, JonasHR said:

The game is on EA for two years now right? so even with the "Official Release"  I don't believe much more people are coming to ark anyways... all the people who wanted the game is already playing so wipe all servers doesnt make much sense

I understand why some people think a wipe is needed but I agree with your post.

2 hours ago, Lucifina said:

Are you like one of those paid people that get paid to go on and post things from a developer positive view point? Not saying anything bad about you either way just wondering the angle there...

No. If I was there would be a lot more where that came from lol ? 

nah o just really like the game but dislike some of the people that play it. Too much entitlement for my taste.

i really have to look into that though. That is something that would interest me. I would need a little more freedom of what I am able to say though. I tend to tip toe here.

3 hours ago, IntoDarkness said:

Regards,

Jeremy Stieglitz

No it does not mean final. When you are in an early acces game and they say anything can change at anytime, that is when you need to really hear those words. 

That also means any that no they said a year ago can change as well.

2 hours ago, Lucifina said:

Yes, I know but for whatever reason I couldn't find the thread to post it like that. This is what kept most of us here grinding it out instead of waiting it out on the sidelines. In my opinion you can't put something like that out there and then go back on it and expect to have anyone believe anything you or your company says after that. Honestly I find it hard to believe they haven't confirmed it here we all know they read these...

They needed testers. You are a tester. Why would they want to get rid of testers?

after the release you are no longer a tester.

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived