Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

2 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Okay, I have removed some very pointless bickering.  If someone tries to start a fight with you, just ignore it, as neither will in the end.

Also, anyone that follows the forum rules is allowed to post in any thread.  If you post a comment or opinion, others are allowed (again, with the rules), to reply with their own comments and opinions.

I apologize for taking the bait. Thanks for keeping us on track. I'll watch myself.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Okay, I have removed some very pointless bickering.  If someone tries to start a fight with you, just ignore it, as neither will win in the end.

Also, anyone that follows the forum rules is allowed to post in any thread.  If you post a comment or opinion, others are allowed (again, with the rules), to reply with their own comments and opinions.

got it

14 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

So on the subject of wiping the servers or not on release, Don't!, That is all!

and the reason for this is probably: " i spent hundreds of hours trying to keep up with people who achieved the same stuff i did by using bugs and exploits that ruined the games balance forever"

now imagine a server without said bugs and exploits( and the stuff already created by it), where your hard work actually is aknowledged :)

and if you already put in that many hours, do you plan on spending the next few hundreds only on getting bored with doing the same stuff or do you plan on having the thrill of a fresh start with everyone else, creating new alliances and enemies, racing for beeing the first one with an endgame-base on the server?

1 minute ago, BrownieShytles said:

and the reason for this is probably: " i spent hundreds of hours trying to keep up with people who achieved the same stuff i did by using bugs and exploits that ruined the games balance forever"

now imagine a server without said bugs and exploits( and the stuff already created by it), where your hard work actually is aknowledged :)

and if you already put in that many hours, do you plan on spending the next few hundreds only on getting bored with doing the same stuff or do you plan on having the thrill of a fresh start with everyone else, creating new alliances and enemies, racing for beeing the first one with an endgame-base on the server?

No ill probably be having a jack n coke on the golf course and thanking them for ending my suffering and enjoying summer. I'm almost becoming pro wipe as I type this?

26 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

I can agree with this. I think most people will probably feel a sense of relief if they are given a good reason to quit. I have many friends from our server that I played with for 2 years  and when they quit the one thing I keep hearing is "wow, what a weight off my shoulders" and "life is so much better now not having to worry about ARK"  I am almost looking forward to that feeling :D

Yeah that would probably be the only upside to a wipe for most people.  Time to move on if that happens.

11 minutes ago, BrownieShytles said:

Not really, done it plenty of times before, each time it gets a little old.  What keeps me going now is new content building off what I already have.  If I had to do it all again, the choice would be pretty simple... I wouldn't bother when there's so many other good games out there I haven't played through over and over.

1 minute ago, DeningWei said:

Not really, done it plenty of times before, each time it gets a little old.  What keeps me going now is new content building off what I already have.  If I had to do it all again, the choice would be pretty simple... I wouldn't bother when there's so many other good games out there I haven't played through over and over.

This also! I bought Ark when I was on vacation for 2 weeks, it was great fun. Had I nice base and lots of memories on the anniversary of that and raised 37 boss rexes on that vacation. I simply don't have the time to play that I did that first year, and have felt some impact on other things. There are only so many hours in a day and everyone you are spending grinding in Ark is taking away from something else. I can now enjoy the late game stuff because I have everything necessary from the last 2 years. I personally would not redo all that and continue to neglect real life thing anymore. As it is now I and my tribe members can play casually, and Im pretty sure that all they/me want to do.

2 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

This also! I bought Ark when I was on vacation for 2 weeks, it was great fun. Had I nice base and lots of memories on the anniversary of that and raised 37 boss rexes on that vacation. I simply don't have the time to play that I did that first year, and have felt some impact on other things. There are only so many hours in a day and everyone you are spending grinding in Ark is taking away from something else. I can now enjoy the late game stuff because I have everything necessary from the last 2 years. I personally would not redo all that and continue to neglect real life thing anymore. As it is now I and my tribe members can play casually, and Im pretty sure that all they/me want to do.

??? ive played this gameand i have 247days spent in this game and i own 12 servers.  I honestly think it would be a great idea if they did reset the servers, itll help out the community by letting everyone start fresh with no FPS lag, and no ping at the start. The best thing about it is that you get a fresh start using primitive stuff, and my opinion is that its pretty fun starting fresh using stone tools and getting bigger.  it feels relaxing kinda and more civil.

4 minutes ago, Demonslaye said:

??? ive played this gameand i have 247days spent in this game and i own 12 servers.  I honestly think it would be a great idea if they did reset the servers, itll help out the community by letting everyone start fresh with no FPS lag, and no ping at the start. The best thing about it is that you get a fresh start using primitive stuff, and my opinion is that its pretty fun starting fresh using stone tools and getting bigger.  it feels relaxing kinda and more civil.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion and others share it too. Wow, that's more than 12 hours a day you have played. I definitely would not have that kind of time to put into a game. Imagine if you made just $20 an hour and that time was spent working you would have made $118,000! That's why I don't see myself rinsing and repeating again, it takes to much time out of my life. I work 8-10 hours a day and have a large property with 3 horses and 20 some other animals to take care of. Then there is my daughter/wife/friends/bar time/football and sleep. I don't know how people with responsibilities even manage to play 12 hours/day?

8 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

Well, you are entitled to your opinion and others share it too. Wow, that's more than 12 hours a day you have played. I definitely would not have that kind of time to put into a game. Imagine if you made just $20 an hour and that time was spent working you would have made $118,000! That's why I don't see myself rinsing and repeating again, it takes to much time out of my life. I work 8-10 hours a day and have a large property with 3 horses and 20 some other animals to take care of. Then there is my daughter/wife/friends/bar time/football and sleep. I don't know how people with responsibilities even manage to play 12 hours/day?

i am 14 sooo....

Just now, Demonslaye said:

i am 14 sooo....

Well ok then. That explains some things. Sounds like you are having fun with it. I hope they wipe for you and you can do it again. Don't neglect school, one of my tribe mates was 14 and his freshman year suffered pretty bad and we always gave him a hard time for not being out causing trouble and chasing girls. You can never get those years back trust me. 

Just now, bkrafty said:

Well ok then. That explains some things. Sounds like you are having fun with it. I hope they wipe for you and you can do it again. Don't neglect school, one of my tribe mates was 14 and his freshman year suffered pretty bad and we always gave him a hard time for not being out causing trouble and chasing girls. You can never get those years back trust me. 

lol silly rabbit trix are for kids.  i plan on being a computer programmer

On 12/7/2017 at 5:54 PM, GP said:

Nope, but you can certainly feel free to go through it yourself.

Nice, I was occupied yesterday but I was able to compile the info in the last hour.

2173 total posts

350 unique users posted

And the top15 most active users on the thread with number of posts:

361 Volcano637
     93 DeningWei
     83 bkrafty
     82 OGCookies
     81 Insomniak
     63 GP
     63 YUSHOETMI
     58 Lucifina
     39 Vrallox
     31 arkark
     30 Wal62
     29 Joebl0w13
     28 Paneross
     25 Irk
     24 AngrySaltire

It would be faster to get the info using a single query at the db, but python and beatifulsoup did a good work :D

I wish they'd let us know so I could either be done with this game or continue growing in it. I have no urge to start from scratch for the umpteenth time especially not on scorched.  So a wipe would result in me removing the game from my console as well as from my ready to install list. I'm just tired of sitting in limbo at this point afraid to do anything.

1 minute ago, Specter229 said:

I wish they'd let us know so I could either be done with this game or continue growing in it. I have no urge to start from scratch for the umpteenth time especially not on scorched.  So a wipe would result in me removing the game from my console as well as from my ready to install list. I'm just tired of sitting in limbo at this point afraid to do anything.

do you like to start out fresh and having fun build up competing against other peeps that are as new to the server as you are?   or do you not have much tribe mates?

I love how some people think wiping will solve all their problems. Nope in fact wiping will make it worse for you. Why?

Because the Alphas and bullies will be even stronger and better because they have more people and more time than you. Fresh servers means they have more opportunity to regulate the map and get a head start over lesser tribes because of their sheer size. They will have their Gigas week 1 while you're still taming a Parasaur. You'll be crying for wipes every 6 months.

If they wipe it will affect sales, nothing affects sales better than word of mouth and reviews. Imagine Kotaku and IGN will have articles up showing screenshots of when they stated multiple times that wipes aren't coming. It might be worse press than No Mans Sky.

1 minute ago, arkark said:

Nice, I was occupied yesterday but I was able to do compile the info in the last hour.

2173 total posts

350 unique users posted

361 Volcano637
     93 DeningWei
     83 bkrafty
     82 OGCookies
     81 Insomniak
     63 GP
     63 YUSHOETMI
     58 Lucifina
     39 Vrallox
     31 arkark
     30 Wal62
     29 Joebl0w13
     28 Paneross
     25 Irk
     24 AngrySaltire

Good work arkark. that is an average of 52 posts per poster if we discount number one. As we all know in statistics, we have to remove the outliers. We certainly have beat this one almost to death, but it has been a fun and at times a spirited discussion. So I wonder what the split is pro vs no vs dont care? I'm a no if you were wondering :)

3 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

Good work arkark. that is an average of 52 posts per poster if we discount number one. As we all know in statistics, we have to remove the outliers. We certainly have beat this one almost to death, but it has been a fun and at times a spirited discussion. So I wonder what the split is pro vs no vs dont care? I'm a no if you were wondering :)

you hardly play ark,so why are you making up all this stuff to determine that there should be no wipe?

1 minute ago, bkrafty said:

Well I tried to do manually but got bored of reviewing old posts after the 8th user. I can upload the full users data in raw and unique users with number post count to pastebin if you want to do that work :D

15 minutes ago, arkark said:

Nice, I was occupied yesterday but I was able to compile the info in the last hour.

2173 total posts

350 unique users posted

361 Volcano637
     93 DeningWei
     83 bkrafty
     82 OGCookies
     81 Insomniak
     63 GP
     63 YUSHOETMI
     58 Lucifina
     39 Vrallox
     31 arkark
     30 Wal62
     29 Joebl0w13
     28 Paneross
     25 Irk
     24 AngrySaltire

It would be faster to get the info using a single query at the db, but python and beatifulsoup did a good work :D

Oh God I made the  top 15... Apparantly I need a life hahaha. Didnt think i posted  that much...

15 minutes ago, Demonslaye said:

do you like to start out fresh and having fun build up competing against other peeps that are as new to the server as you are?   or do you not have much tribe mates?

I have maybe 2 guys I play with and Most of the time I'm by myself plus I play PVE more than PvP. And no I don't like starting out fresh. I've started out fresh way to many times it's lost it's appeal. All I want is an answer to the question being posted, I'm tired of sitting in limbo waiting for the shoe to drop.

• GP locked this topic

Archived